Dear Story Team, What Year Are We Currently In?

Ylliarus

Dear Mr. Boyd First, thank you for posting because as a creative writer yours are probably my favorite. However, I have to admit the convention of updates being in real time throws me. I cannot for the life of me jive with the idea that Illum took an entire year!:D

But here is a question I do want answered as the Trooper was your baby... Why didn't Elara send us a holo or a letter when she sees her husband on the Holonet crashing Vaylin's ball? Come on out of all the reunions hers was just pitiful and her reasoning to not even write! We thought she was dead, and she couldn't drop a line saying. "Always yours trapped by duty?" Frankly, my Trooper doesn't feel very married drink date aside.:(

Dear Mr. Boyd First, thank you for posting because as a creative writer yours are probably my favorite. However, I have to admit the convention of updates being in real time throws me. I cannot for the life of me jive with the idea that Illum took an entire year!:D

But here is a question I do want answered as the Trooper was your baby... Why didn't Elara send us a holo or a letter when she sees her husband on the Holonet crashing Vaylin's ball? Come on out of all the reunions hers was just pitiful and her reasoning to not even write! We thought she was dead, and she couldn't drop a line saying. "Always yours trapped by duty?" Frankly, my Trooper doesn't feel very married drink date aside.:(

I doubt the events we took part in on Ilum took a year, they just HAPPENED in the year he said, and thats all that happened that year. Just because Ilum happened in 13 ATC doesn't mean it took ALL of 13 ATC to resolve. Once it was done, our toons simply pooched around the galaxy for another year until the next threat happened, we didn't spend the whole year on Ilum.

And yeah, Elara's reunion was utterly pitiful. I really don't see why they didn't do more explanation mails from missing companions once our return became common knowledge in the galaxy, and even update mails in the time since Elara/Vette/Mako/Whoever else we romanced and never see has returned etc. You don't even need a damn VA to send us a little mail!

Who is the most underused class LI nowadays? Lets see, probably a seven-way tie between Mako/Andronikos/Iresso/Risha/Corso/Dark Jaesa and Ashara tbh. Those are all the ones who have had ZERO story involvement since the classes ended besides a 2 minute alliance alert to return them (and for a few, the tiny little scenes in KOTFE Chapter One arriving on Marrs ship and telling them to flee when attacked by Zakuul etc). Elara and Vector would be on the list too, but Elara does have that one scene after she comes back helping General Daerunn bring supplies into the Odessen Base I think right? And I think I've heard (but not seen) that Vector can appear in a main cutscene around Onslaught time or shortly before/after somewhere, not sure on the details, just something I'd heard on the forums.

The rest I mentioned have NOTHING besides their little alert to come back into your companion window... It's a crying shame. ESPECIALLY for Smugglers. My word. Both the class story love interests got utterly bricked. And Risha was a cool one.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu