Get. Rid. Of. Mandatory. Group. Quests.

Korithras

FYI there is no solo way to get Gree currency beyond a one time quest to visit planets for the pet. Luckily the heroic can be soloed, but the heroic is much harder to solo than the older planetary heroics.

You are correct, this one is indeed the odd one out and I would be very happy if the devs added the currency to one of the Solo quests that is repeatable.

It was the first major recurring event that they introduced back in early 2013 and at that time the game was much more group focused than it is now and had a much bigger population. That was quite some time before the difficulty and heroics change when you needed a dedicated 4-man group with a healer to beat the droids. It is actually very interesting to see the timeline of how the game became progressively more Solo friendly as the population kept going down and the preferences of the players changed.

Edited by Phazonfreak

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they made everything but Operations and Flashpoints soloable, I'd come back to this game. In the meantime, ESO is my new master, and I'll spend the rest of my subscription time trolling these forums.

Of course, if they made Operations and Flashpoints soloable as well, I wouldn't complain. :p

Edited by ForfiniteStories

If they made everything but Operations and Flashpoints soloable, I'd come back to this game. In the meantime, ESO is my new master, and I'll spend the rest of my subscription time trolling these forums.

Quite a waste of money and time.

Looking for members. You already have a group and look for other players to join you. That is also why you will read abbreviations like LF2M, meaning looking for 2 members.

I would go with "Looking for More" but members is probably the actual.

On topic, I actually agree that all content in this game should have scaling difficulty solo modes (Hard, Master, Superduper hard etc) alongside the scaling group content including Flashpoints, Operations and the whole lot. I say this purely based off the idea that this game is honestly a better single player/ Co-Op game than an MMO.

That said We are already half way there regardless.

Edited by Soljin

Quite a waste of money and time.

True, spending any money and time on SWTOR might end up being waste, but deep down, it will always be a part me. Besides, it's the journey and not the destination, and I certainly don't regret my time and money already spent in the past five years.

Its just group content, and its not mandatory to do it. You can solo the heroic 2s once you have a high enough companion and set it to heal anyways. Not everything in the open world needs to be a solo face roll. If you don't want to group up you can do the other dailies available.

Maybe join a active guild?

Edited by ironkevin

My favorite complaint threads on MMO forums are always, "Wah, I have to actually interact with other people!"

Yeah and it's weird cause it's not like MMOs these days have lots of content to solo...oh wait. You'd be surprised how many people like being in a game with having other people around without having to interact with them in a group format. Times have changed it seems.

Yeah and it's weird cause it's not like MMOs these days have lots of content to solo...oh wait. You'd be surprised how many people like being in a game with having other people around without having to interact with them in a group format. Times have changed it seems.

Most MMOs do have content you can solo. SWTOR, already, has significantly more solo-able content than really any other MMO on the market, so I'll do without the "make everything solo!" whining.

Most MMOs do have content you can solo. SWTOR, already, has significantly more solo-able content than really any other MMO on the market, so I'll do without the "make everything solo!" whining.

Surprised you are in this thread with all the "doing without solo whining" business. MMO is followed by RPG in this case and nowhere does massive multiplayer specify that players must cooperate. MMOCG?

Cooperative game play is in no way implied by the acronym MMO... It just means lots of people in a game at once...It's still an MMO if we all avoid each other.

Edited by Soljin

That still doesn't address the two examples I gave. The quest for the Aratech Coral and the Weekly to build reputation on Ossus. Please explain how to solo those.

I never touched the heroics and I have maxed my reputation on Ossus by just doing the dailies.