Surgical Shiv tactical

Shirvington

As is, Surgical Shiv tactical is lackluster and no one uses it. Dps and healers both have better options. In fact, I'm not sure to which demographic of players this tactical actually appeals. Not pvpers, not pvers, not even really solo players.

That being said, I like playing around with underused builds and I came up with a self-heal set/build. Surgical Shiv still is pretty bland; if you hit and the enemy has defensives up, you get very little health back.

There are a lot of ways to spice this tactical up. I'll list a few interesting ones.

--Shiv returns 100% of the damage done over 12 secs (ticking every second). By changing it to a Heal Over Time mechanic, Leth and Medicine can benefit from bonuses to Periodic effects. Also, by using Shiv on cooldown, ~6 secs, you still only get 50% of Shiv damage as heals as the HoT would overwrite itself. This is my preferred change.

--Shiv increases self-healing (and self-healing only) by 100% for 3 seconds. So if you want to use it properly, you have to use an instant healing ability right after Shivving.

--Shiv returns 10% of all damage done from all sources as self-heals for the next 3 seconds. Or 5% of damage as heals for 6 seconds.

Nothing crazy. Just a little spice on an otherwise milquetoast tactical.