Bolster in 6.0 - Mastery Capped

ichebem

Hey,

just read some gearing guides.. some are saying. Mastery is capped in PvP, go for power augments/mods..

Some say it isnt capped..

so .. Question: Whats BIS gear for PVP ? And ist Mastery capped (hardcapped) in any way?

Mastery is not capped in pvp. As far as I'm aware, theorycrafters still don't know for sure which is better between power and mastery. Most will say mastery>power, yet also that r-2 mods (high power)>r-5 mods (high mastery), so I have no idea. Edited by JediMasterAlex

the higher power mods have more stats overall when you add the 2 together so those are BiS.

r-2 mods (359 power+369 mastery=728) and r-5 mods (352 power+376 mastery=728) have the same stat pools.

So the question still remains, if mastery>power, why r-2>r-5.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

r-2 mods (359 power+369 mastery=728) and r-5 mods (352 power+376 mastery=728) have the same stat pools.

So the question still remains, if mastery>power, why r-2>r-5.

In that case the r-5 mod is BiS. Forgot about that one tbh. Also looks like the r-3 mod is better than the r-2 as well.

In that case the r-5 mod is BiS. Forgot about that one tbh. Also looks like the r-3 mod is better than the r-2 as well.

It would seem so, but the theorycrafters decreed r-2>r-5 months ago, and had some math to prove it. The difference is obviously tiny either way, but it still bothers me a bit.

• 8 months later...
It would seem so, but the theorycrafters decreed r-2>r-5 months ago, and had some math to prove it. The difference is obviously tiny either way, but it still bothers me a bit.

Dumb question into an old thread...

I don't want to start a new one just for this.

So how much mastery should one use for PVP ? I currently run 12500 mastery... Should get over 13 k ?

Dumb question into an old thread...

I don't want to start a new one just for this.

So how much mastery should one use for PVP ? I currently run 12500 mastery... Should get over 13 k ?

Once you've hit the numbers you want for accuracy, alacrity and crit, you should put everything else into mastery via augments/crystals (or just let bolster do it for you). So your amount of mastery will totally depend on how you fill out those other tertiary stats, and will also vary from class to class.

Alex, did the theory crafters ever settle on R2, R3 and R5 mods or does it depend on the class or is the difference so small that it’s barely measurable?

I believe the consensus is that the difference is too small to stress over. Technically, r5 has the highest upside, because mastery marginally increases your crit chance, but r2 will give you slightly more reliable results in most circumstances.

I've tried my hardest to get the clearest, most straightforward answers I can from the top theorycrafters and that's pretty much the best we have right now.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I believe the consensus is that the difference is too small to stress over. Technically, r5 has the highest upside, because mastery marginally increases your crit chance, but r2 will give you slightly more reliable results in most circumstances.

I've tried my hardest to get the clearest, most straightforward answers I can from the top theorycrafters and that's pretty much the best we have right now.

Check R2 & R5. Thanks Alex

If I was Chris, I would troll us with a R2-R5 droid next time they have a droid promo :cool:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

what about power ? i see a lot of players telling to get to 10 k at least or over it ...

also , wher is the crit soft cap ? I believe that 4k is too much , even tho it feels pretty good in PVP. ;)

So, I am wondering, what do I need to adjust? Are stats okay or should I have more of something? Oh, stats do not include stim.

I cannot get link to work...stats are:

Combat Sentinel

Mastery: 13,194

Power: 9,732

Critical: 3,448

Alacrity: 862

Accuracy: 648

Damage Primary: 6,694 - 7,780

Bonus: 5,121.1

Accuracy: 105.06%

Critical: 43.51%

Multiplier: 70.36%

Another thing that boggles me, do you guys just play the lottery with your tech fragments? How do you get your specific modifications for the gear?

Edited by Sappharan

what about power ? i see a lot of players telling to get to 10 k at least or over it ...

also , wher is the crit soft cap ? I believe that 4k is too much , even tho it feels pretty good in PVP. ;)

Power takes care of itself. The only things that really affect it are mods and crystals.

As for crit, I think the highest suggestion I've seen is about 3800 for pvp.

So, I am wondering, what do I need to adjust? Are stats okay or should I have more of something? Oh, stats do not include stim.

https://imgur/com/AW1JN2C

Another thing that boggles me, do you guys just play the lottery with your tech fragments? How do you get your specific modifications for the gear?

Are you carnage? If so, 663 alacrity is enough for 1.4 gcd. If you're fury or anni, you want 1213 alacrity (or as close as you can get without going under).

Once I got all the set bonuses I wanted, I have spent a lot of tech frags on random enhancements from the vendor. Getting better enhancements is more worthwhile than better mods as well.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Power takes care of itself. The only things that really affect it are mods and crystals.

As for crit, I think the highest suggestion I've seen is about 3800 for pvp.

Are you carnage? If so, 663 alacrity is enough for 1.4 gcd. If you're fury or anni, you want 1213 alacrity (or as close as you can get without going under).

Once I got all the set bonuses I wanted, I have spent a lot of tech frags on random enhancements from the vendor. Getting better enhancements is more worthwhile than better mods as well.

Thank you, Alex. I thought link was not working, so posted stats with edit.

So, vendor it is. I hate the gamble, but I guess that's why we're always getting tech fragments.

Thank you, Alex. I thought link was not working, so posted stats with edit.

So, vendor it is. I hate the gamble, but I guess that's why we're always getting tech fragments.

Sadly the fastest and easiest ways to get lots of tech frags is still running veteran or master mode flash points :(

I’ve recently discovered that uprisings also give a fair amount of gear to deconstruct. Still not as much as flash points, but more than triple what you get from pvp for the same time spent. You also get your conquest socialite done (if that’s of interest to you).

See if you can find a friend or another pvper who needs tech frags. Then run master mode flash points or master mode uprisings together. You get gear closer to 306 doing master. Veteran and story will give way less gear and much lower than your irating (which is dumb by the way Bioware).

I would suggest “The Landing” Uprising as it’s the fastest and least buggy of them all. My wife and I can clear it in less than 15mins on master and less than 10 mins on veteran/story.

If you have a sin or operative and so does a friend, I suggest running Master mode Red Reaper flash point. You don’t have to fight many trash mobs then and can concentrate just doing the 3 boss fights. The fastest we’ve done it was back in January before the Sin Nerfs. I think it was less than 10 mins. I’m not sure how long it takes now on a Sin.

You will get lots of trash to deconstruct. But you’ll also get the occasional mod, enhancement etc that usually needs to be ripped out of something.

Usually we go see the random tech frag vendor once or twice a week (usually Wednesday when conquest boxes drop) once we’ve built up around 8,000 tech frags. Then you just buy enhancements till you get the ones you need, I don’t usually do that with mods, armoring, hilts or barrels because they usually drop doing the content.

Then on the weekend we check out what Kai has in stock. If he has nothing we want, we play Kai lotto and see if he drops something we need from his mystery choice.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sadly the fastest and easiest ways to get lots of tech frags is still running veteran or master mode flash points :(

I’ve recently discovered that uprisings also give a fair amount of gear to deconstruct. Still not as much as flash points, but more than triple what you get from pvp for the same time spent. You also get your conquest socialite done (if that’s of interest to you).

See if you can find a friend or another pvper who needs tech frags. Then run master mode flash points or master mode uprisings together. You get gear closer to 306 doing master. Veteran and story will give way less gear and much lower than your irating (which is dumb by the way Bioware).

I would suggest “The Lamding” Uprising as it’s the fastest and least buggy of them all. My wife and I can clear it in less than 15mins on master and less than 10 mins on veteran/story.

If you have a sin or operative and so does a friend, I suggest running Master mode Red Reaper flash point. You don’t have to fight many trash mobs then and can concentrate just doing the 3 boss fights. The fastest we’ve done it was back in January before the Sin Nerfs. I think it was less than 10 mins. I’m not sure how long it takes now on a Sin.

You will get lots of trash to deconstruct. But you’ll also get the occasional mod, enhancement etc that usually needs to be ripped out of something.

Usually we go see the random tech frag vendor once or twice a week (usually Wednesday when conquest boxes drop) once we’ve built up around 8,000 tech frags. Then you just buy enhancements till you get the ones you need, I don’t usually do that with mods, armoring, hilts or barrels because they usually drop doing the content.

Then on the weekend we check out what Kai has in stock. If he has nothing we want, we play Kai lotto and see if he drops something we need from his mystery choice.

Thank you, Trixxie. While I did know much of that, I was not certain it was the BEST method until you confirmed it. So, that is good to know. Also, I did not know it was a gamble. I figured there might be some information I was missing, so again, good to know. As for the recommendation of 8k fragments, that seems like a reasonable stopping point. I must be more diligent. That means, though, that I must pay extra special attention to these things. Thank you for the advice.

Thank you, Trixxie. While I did know much of that, I was not certain it was the BEST method until you confirmed it. So, that is good to know. Also, I did not know it was a gamble. I figured there might be some information I was missing, so again, good to know. As for the recommendation of 8k fragments, that seems like a reasonable stopping point. I must be more diligent. That means, though, that I must pay extra special attention to these things. Thank you for the advice.

Just remember that Kai Zykken is only there for 3 days and you will get 300-500 tech frags per character if you are in a guild that does conquest and you get the 50k conquest total each week.

I used to find myself in a situation where I would be hitting the 10k tech frag limit waiting for Kai to reappear. So now I go see him on Sunday/Monday to use any remaining tech frags (no matter how many I have). Then I can get 8k tech frags from my lvl 75s for weekly conquest and not go over the limit before he reappears on Friday/Saturday.