The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Improve Old setbonuses instead of introducing new Ones

Anyaka_Jedi

I get that with the introduction of master mode dxun the new setbonuses are part of the rewards to strive for. However, has there been in some thought placed in to making the older better?

Namely the 2 setbonuses? +2 endurance/mastery/shield/alacrity/critical(rating). On the one hand the endurance/mastery bonus cant be used in legacy content because of caps and on the other hand the others give such a small increase that they are not worth the investment unless you get it because you have the 4/6 piece.

TLDR please make the 2 setbonuses worth taking again...

I second this, there are many different setbonuses that are only 4 set pieces, we do not have any 3 set peice sets therefore they're not the best to take. Though they have some uses. Can we please look at old set bonuses?

This one, for example, I have given feedback on before.

Dashing Blademaster..

Mad dash cooldown is nice, but not great alone.

+2% Alacrity is based on what number already had. Not good, at all. That goes for all 2%'s of alacrity/acc/crit.

Top it off with Camouflage into mad dash for a critical mad dash hit with slows applied?

Now, I get the idea but this set is terrible.

Why? It uses both escapes to gain an auto critical with a slow, that would require hitting mad dash on a player in the first place.

That's not how either ability is often used.

It could be salvaged, however.

2 piece, 2% mastery

4 piece, 10s off Mad dash & 6s of immunity to roots after mad dash.

6 piece, 10% damage boost for 15 seconds after leap & immunity to roots during predation. (Competes with descents damage buff but doesn't get furious power stack resets. While staying a "Dashing blademaster.")

4 set piece sets, for the most part, should become 6 set bonus pieces. Ask the community for ideas for each set!

Most set bonuses are good but need slight changes to compete with other meta sets.

I said not to add gear, even for "lateral progression" reasons, back when 6.0 was on PTS. No one bothered backing me up then, and it was encouraged as a good way to keep people playing the game in between major expansions. Where was the protesting then?

Yes, there are so many useless sets and the *random* vendor is beyond useless at this point. All you're doing by adding new, useless sets is to water down the drop rate and make the random vendor more useless. These new sets are not well thought out. Agree with OP ... make the sets already in game useful instead of adding new sets noone is ever going to use.

I second this, there are many different setbonuses that are only 4 set pieces, we do not have any 3 set peice sets therefore they're not the best to take. Though they have some uses. Can we please look at old set bonuses?

This one, for example, I have given feedback on before.

Dashing Blademaster..

Mad dash cooldown is nice, but not great alone.

+2% Alacrity is based on what number already had. Not good, at all. That goes for all 2%'s of alacrity/acc/crit.

Top it off with Camouflage into mad dash for a critical mad dash hit with slows applied?

Now, I get the idea but this set is terrible.

Why? It uses both escapes to gain an auto critical with a slow, that would require hitting mad dash on a player in the first place.

That's not how either ability is often used.

It could be salvaged, however.

2 piece, 2% mastery

4 piece, 10s off Mad dash & 6s of immunity to roots after mad dash.

6 piece, 10% damage boost for 15 seconds after leap & immunity to roots during predation. (Competes with descents damage buff but doesn't get furious power stack resets. While staying a "Dashing blademaster.")

4 set piece sets, for the most part, should become 6 set bonus pieces. Ask the community for ideas for each set!

Most set bonuses are good but need slight changes to compete with other meta sets.

You’re basically gonna give Guardians/Jugg the Gunslinger roll with that second trait. They already have a 10s CD reduction on Blade Blitz from a utility. And you’re adding 10 seconds more on top of that. And on top of that more benefits.

Edited by UltraFlashStar

You’re basically gonna give Guardians/Jugg the Gunslinger roll with that second trait. They already have a 10s CD reduction on Blade Blitz from a utility. And you’re adding 10 seconds more on top of that. And on top of that more benefits.

It's a Sentinel/Marauder specific set bonus.

The problem is.. each class has one obviously best set. Some, have an acceptable alternative that has a neat trick that can be made to work good enough, but there's no question usually which is best. Also, the best sets are all purchasable, so why bother with HM ops? Instead of putting in 20 more garbage sets that literally nobody will use, how about balancing the old ones.

The problem is.. each class has one obviously best set. Some, have an acceptable alternative that has a neat trick that can be made to work good enough, but there's no question usually which is best.

This is why I said multiple sets per spec were overcomplicated and stupid. Most likely, there will always be one thing that gets you the most dps/whatever, and as long as that is true, it will always be the one to get. So instead of devoting their time to ridiculous additions of more unnecessary gear, maybe they could focus on creating actual content or stuff for us to do.

I said not to add gear, even for "lateral progression" reasons, back when 6.0 was on PTS. No one bothered backing me up then, and it was encouraged as a good way to keep people playing the game in between major expansions. Where was the protesting then?

I did, especially for pvp. It wasn’t needed.

But if they had to add it, they could have just made the old set bonus gear into pvp only gear and locked the new gear bonuses to only work in pve, which is where gear progressions work the best.

Instead they did the opposite. They made gear progression so painful for pvpers, that they have had to resort to spam running flash points to play pvp. Which is totally counter productive to keeping pvpers happy and still playing the game.

All this new gearing system has done is drive pvpers out of the game.

Anyone remember the 3.3 changes where they realised that excessive grinding in pvp was not conducive to an enjoyable pvp experience?

Here is an excerpt from the community news for 3.3

http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-economy-and-ranked-rewards-restructure-game-update-3.3

PvP Gear Cost

We think that getting a full set of PvP gear is too much of a grind.

This is so much the case that only about 2% of PvP players have a full Dark Reaver set.

Having at least Exhumed gear is a barrier to entry to being successful in PvP for the majority of players, so we looked to reduce the time and cost of getting there.

<snip>

Missions will have increased Credit rewards. These changes will make it easier and faster to gear up and get to a competitive level in PvP. Our hope is that the reduced grind makes for a more enjoyable Warzone experience.

Increased Warzone Rewards

We found that the Warzone Experience and Credit rewards were not keeping up with the rest of the game, so we'll be giving them both a boost.

Players can expect to receive double the XP and double the Credits for a completed match

Edit:

I remember reading a post/producer comments around 2015 that said “pvpers were the most consistent subscribers between expansions”.

This was in reference to not needing a gear grind to keep playing when they had max gear because pvpers content and goal was to play pvp first and foremost and not gear grind or need new content maps every few months.

Sadly, I can’t find the link to this. I’ve scoured the web for the last 40 mins and come up empty. If anyone else can find reference to this, can you please post it and the link so I can save for future reference.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

@Trixxie - I certainly agree on PvP. Gearing via pvp is absolutely horrible. As a full 306, fully augmented, with all (combat related) amplifiers of purple or gold, I get purple gear from pvp boxes. Any FP/Ops/Cq etc box, even renown boxes, drop at least gold items.

Which is sad, because pvp is one of what 3 level 75 activities? (I.e. where the 306 gear is "needed" (and please, don't start in on ranked nonsense).