Master Mode The Nature of Progress Operation Feedback

EricMusco

Ordinance Feedback from the latest PTS build

Red

the fight felt a lot better with the less non-random flower spawns it's nice to not have to potentially reset this guy for timed run. The addition of the dripping venom buff at the beginning of the encounter was also a good change to add some damage to the raid at the beginning. While we didn't have too many issues with the new Reek spawn there were still instances where sometimes the reek would dissapear under the ground and then reappear after dying so there might potentially still be some edge cases where it's bugging out. Overall though the fight feels very good at this point, the one thing I would add though is to have the adds from the fight despawn after killing Red :).

Trandoshans

After getting a substantial amount of pulls into this fight there are some glaring problems that we believe this fight has. The first being the targeting priority of Crush the Weak, this ability has multiple times over our testing targeted the tanks on Hyssiphus and Kronissus and while it targeting the first had generally not been an issue due to the buff range of Titax even if you immediately leaves the Kronissus tank the buff will linger long enough to cause the tank to get rooted by the buffed melee and potentially not be able to sidestep or immune the bosses conal. We suggest that Crush the Weak should either momentarily not buff the bosses after the leap or preferably not be able to target people who've recently been hit by Kronissus or Hyssiphus' melees. Additionally the threat drop from Greus after divebomb was creating a lot of threat issues for our kiter who was running a ranged dps as if they got the divebomb they would not be able to regrab aggro of the boss for quite a while which was frustrating. If the intention is that we instead run a taunting melee dps for Greus then I would highly suggest reducing the damage of the AoEs that Greus does, including pyroclasm, as we've avoided doing this to reduce raid damage since it's already very high.

As for the overall cadence of the fight, the initial dps check on Titax feels fine with having a ranged dps kite Greus, although if we were to have a melee kite him I would suggest a slight health reduction on Titax due to the dimished uptime. As for the period after Titax dies, the only real feedback for this section would be to potentially increase the buff application time from 80s to 90s. Almost everytime we got to the point where we could push the final bosses they had already had their second stack of Path of Transcendence for 10-15s and this is with a dps comp that beat the previous three fights enrages by 1-2min so this mini-enrage at two stacks feels just a little too tight in the current iteration. As for the Ultimate Hunter if the intention with this boi is cause utter chaos at the end of the fight then it's doing a great job, the only bit of feedback I would give is to reduce the damage of fire & ice a smidge and give an extra second or two for people to dodge the line attacked that does the knockback since we currently have to pre-move the boss to dodge it.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

The PTS was updated earlier today, and with it came these changes to Master Mode.

Containment Protocol (Mutant Trandoshans)

• Fixed the button on Master difficulty.
  • Added collision to prevent various exploits beneath the ramp.

Apex Vanguard

• Acid Blast can no longer deal an instance of damage more often than every 1.5s from a stack increase event.
  • Using a stim will now remove 25 stacks worth of Tired tick rate acceleration.
  • Deprioritize now falls off after 30 seconds of gaining no new stacks and hard enforces threat drop at 20 stacks.
  • Blinding Spray now causes the nearest tank to suffer significant internal damage.
  • Darkness Overdrive damage growth is increased substantially in Master mode.
  • Bloodlust now hits substantially harder.

Let us know your thoughts!

Edited by DanielSteed

• 3 weeks later...

The second rampaging bull spawn on Red is inconsistent with its visibility. I'd say one third of the time I can't see the honking brute, sometimes for a few seconds, other times at all.

This is very unfortunate and I can't believe I have to deal with bugs on the test server (/s ;))

Overall though, a pretty good introductory boss I'd say.

*EDIT*

In addition to the second bull, the third is also inconsistent with appearing or not.

Edited by BishopSMASH

• 3 weeks later...

Did some Huntmaster & Apex, got questions :rak_02:

What our group liked a lot is adds responding to threat better and boss actually moving more and desyncing less - that was big hooray! Unfortunately positive and praise-like feedback ends here.

Huntmaster's Penetrating Shot & Egg Snipe are same icon. Kinda counter-intuitive - those are different things. Could we please have another icon for Egg Snipe and its Critically Injured debuff?

Shelleigh hitpoints seem worrisome. When our group decided to skip Huntmaster and go Apex we click a button. Shelleigh spawned with 1 stack and killed Huntmaster. We had to kill Shelleigh to render a lockout. Those 9.2mil HP were tough. We had one tank spec into DPS to down it. With all raid buffs, sniper shields and errything up. Thats harder than Dread Council burn. Much harder.

I dont remember if she spawns with 0 stacks under regular circumstances and maybe that makes her non-stack HP way less, that would resolve the case - namely pushing even one add into lake makes Shelleigh undefeatable unless you bring 6 sages who will purge stacks with barrier and pull each other out of 'Nommed' area (I didn't say this, absolutely no class stacking 'exploit' is intended. Well maybe a little :rak_03: sage is new powertech confirmed).

Also I want to say that no new mechanics on Shelleigh is disappointing. Very. Overall Huntmaster is very disappointing - eggs are cool but whole rodeo with add management...how to put it...its overcomplicated, poorly rewarded and doesn't even feel fun. The fight feels like 101 ways to die horribly. Stay there, don't do this, don't touch that, have tanks do everything right and nothing wrong and maybe you stay alive (a bit like Nahut with oneshot mines, but chaotic and for some reason less fun)

Like literally from what we've seen NiM brings only eggs as a new mechanic and everything else except pure damage increase is connected to it - Egg Snipe; Kolto Bomb on boss; Possibility of trauma on some group members when dying in two ticks of damage is easiest thing ever. This mechanic indeed makes fight difficult enough to be NiM. But it's not fun. Dunno how to put it better :)

Now a little about Apex:

Is spawn rate of Anti-Thief droids correct atm? 2 spawn when battery is extracted and after that they seem to spawn on timer like each 20s, flooding the whole room with their presence.

If antitheft droids leave electricity puddle on death..dont let me get started on how anti-melee that is...the real question here is: Why wash doesn't electrocute the whole room? Physics, please!