The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do Ultimate Cartel Packs that were on the GTN before 6.1 now contain 6.1 stuff?

Rembrandt

I know if i buy cartel packs from the market they will now have 6.1 gear

How do you know that? (I agree that it's probably the case, but I'd like to know how you *know* that they drop 6.1 gear.)

but was wondering if the ones already on GTN will convert to 6.1 packs upon opening. Not sure how it works.

It's probably not worth their while to keep around two different packs with the same name and different drop tables. Can you imagine the hoo-ha that would happen if it became clear that there were two different kinds of Ultimate Cartel Packs in circulation where only the ones with a green dot there have 6.1 gear, while the other ones, also with a green dot there, don't.

And don't buy them hoping to get 6.1 gear from them anyway.(1) Regardless of whether they've updated the drop tables for 6.1, the chances of getting any one specific item are almost nil because there are so many different items.

(1) Buy them for the fun of seeing what's inside (like when you were a little kid and Grandma's(2) presents at Christmas(2) always had something cool that you didn't know what it was until you opened them), or buy them because you get interesting integers in the mail when you list them on the GTN.

(2) Substitute the relative and festival appropriate to your youth, obviously.

everytime something new comes out, it gets added to the ultimate hypercrate. They change the picture on the CM to show something from the new stuff (most times). As to wether it has them on older unopened crates, it depends on wether the crate is already set, as in before it's opened it's already programmed to randamly grant what was available then (time of purchase), or if it's set to randomly grant what is available at the time of opening. It's a very interesting question, never really though about it, but if you PM one of the community managers, they might actually look in to it for you :)

How do you know that? (I agree that it's probably the case, but I'd like to know how you *kn.

By putting your cursor over the object in cartel market, it says now updated to include items from 6.1 the new art work also show the new Armour outfits just released

As for the OP's question, that unfortunately I don't know.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I am 99% sure that the items are determined when the pack is opened.

Having separate loot tables hidden behind the packs determined at time of purchase would be technically more difficult and likely to piss people off who buy them from the GTN if it ever got out (no way of knowing which "version" of the pack it was