Is Carnage Bugged?

Ottoattack

I sticked with carnage while leveling from 70 to 75. Around level 70 my damage on Gore and Devastating Blast they dealt decent damage. At level 75, with full 306, the damage barely scaled in vet FPs. At level 70, both my dec. sin and carnage dealt similar damage in veteran FPs. At level 75, full 306, no where close. Even during ferocity window, dec has like 6 skills that hit harder than Gore and Devastating. Kinda the same when you compare carnage with fury. Focused burst on fury deals roughly 110-15% compared to gore under ferocity. I checked the base damage for Gore and Devastating Blast at level 75, barely breaking 10K. Compared to both fury and dec. there are loads of skills in the 15-20K damage base.

This seems like a scaling bug.

Edited by Ottoattack

No i don't think it's bugged i think it's just the scaling because i felt the same way on my Mara when i hit 75.

I used the metophore of it feels like they have filed our teeth right down to little nubs because we don't have the stomping power we used to have were we would go right for the throat and just kill them fast now it feels like we gotta bite them a few times unless we use our furious focus which is the reason i think they lowered our base damage.

I HATE that ability because while we use it we are back up to where we should be but when we have no chages we are just so weak.

The new ability was copied from jugs/guardians. They did need a damage cd, but for mara/sentinel it makes no sense. It's especially bad with carnage where you need to chain 3 buffs to deal damage.

I think it was a ridiculous decision. They should have just given 2 charges to some other ability like they did with mercs.

I also tried to make combat work, but it feels unsatisfying. The damage isn't great and it's harder to pull off.

It's not in a hopeless state, it's still viable for anything that isn't cut edge, but it's unsatisfying.

Edited by Nemmar

It is such a shame really. In 5.0, I clearly remember that devastating blast was one of the top damaging abilities in the game. Right now, it hits like wet noodle. Compared to other melee burst builds, fury, dec or conc. it barely does burst damage. And it loses on the sustain too.