Are Korriban and Tython still around?

DragonSloot

We've had no definitive statement for either of them. "Death Star technology" doesn't seem to exist in the game's era, so I guess the planets are still there.

Well, I say that about statements, but you *can* ask Tau and/or Gnost-Dural (don't recall which one) about "Why not Tython?" during JUS. I haven't yet asked that myself.

I can't remember what the specific response was to asking Tau or whomever it was, but as far as I recall "destruction" wasn't a reason. I think they went to Ossus mostly, because it's isolated and forgotten, whereas Tython has more recently been involved in conflict.

(Although, how any planet locations become forgotten in SW I can't for the life of me imagine).

The Jedi Order plans to build a temple elsewhere. If you ask why, the response is that Tython was isolated from the rest of the galaxy. It seems the SoR era destruction isn't the reason, but rather a decision to a build a temple on a more settled Republic world.

I don't believe anything is said on Korriban's status.

The rebuilt Jedi is to be more accessible to and for the Republic. It is not implicitly stated, but head cannon says it means rebuilding the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the one a thousand generations later exists in the prequel movie trilogy. Tython is fine, just moving to Coruscant.

The rebuilt Jedi is to be more accessible to and for the Republic. It is not implicitly stated, but head cannon says it means rebuilding the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the one a thousand generations later exists in the prequel movie trilogy. Tython is fine, just moving to Coruscant.

I tend to agree with this. Tython and Korriban weren't abandoned from SoR events. They were abandoned when the Eternal Empire invaded. From the cinematics a few years ago, it seemed Korriban got hit even worse than Tython and the Jedi dispersed as explained by Satele Shan, Master Ranos (DvL Companion), and a few others. At the end of the Eternal Throne stories, we see Satele back on Coruscant helping with the reconstruction. So it would make sense to see a revitalization of both Coruscant and Dromund Kaas moving forward. Especially with the

Republic being back on Corellia in force during Onslaught which is another core world. Time will tell where we see the Jedi's seat of power but I think the Scourge and Kira storyline coming soon will expand on it.

I remember reading on the Star Wars wiki that Obi-Wan/Luke Skywalker went to Korriban (I think it’s known as Moraband in modern times) for some reason, so Korriban is still around unless it was destroyed after that unless you mean in SWTOR and not in general. At the end of Onslaught for the Jedi Knight, a Jedi Master talks about Tython, so Tython is definitely still around. Edited by OrionTi

If you were a defeated megavillain who needed time to rebuild his strength etc., would you hide on a planet that everyone knows where it is? I know I wouldn't.

Neither planet is Star Wars movie canon. Most people don't know any planet until told during the movie. Using the name Dromund Kaas or Korriban would have been game fan service. I'm guessing the planets appear in novels? I wouldn't know. I don't read them, but if so it would be even more fan service if only as a palm branch for declaring the novels not canon.