Craftable and Reputation Armor available in the Cartel Market

OrionTi

Armor that can be crafted or are considered "reputation armor" should be available in the Cartel Market to those that want them but can't craft them (not at the right level or can't find/buy the right materials) or can't or don't want to earn the reputation to get to that point for whatever reason. I would literally rather buy all the armor than craft or earn the reputation to obtain it. Saves me a lot of time and effort.

Fully disagree.

Putting crafted armor in the Cartel Market would only destroy crafting as a source of income. That crafted items can't be obtained anywhere except through a crafter is what makes it profitable for crafters. Synthweaving and Armortech would be rendered pointless if everything they can make can also be purchased with someone's subscriber grant.

There is also no barrier for any player to craft their own items as well. All it takes is picking up crafting and crew skills, and leveling them just as the crafters who sell on the GTN did.

Reputation gear also shouldn't be available for purchase. Other players obtained them by grinding content. If you want them you should have to run the same content.

The only exception to all of the above is gear sets that have been removed from the game, like old Flashpoint drops and some old crafted gear you obtained by reverse engineering certain items. Although I'd much rather those returned to the game as being able to be obtained as they were previously, Cartel Market purchases would be an acceptable alternative considering there is currently no way to obtain those items. Reputation and crafted items that haven't been removed from the game do not need to put on the CM, as they are still obtainable within the game.

Fully disagree.

Putting crafted armor in the Cartel Market would only destroy crafting as a source of income. That crafted items can't be obtained anywhere except through a crafter is what makes it profitable for crafters. Synthweaving and Armortech would be rendered pointless if everything they can make can also be purchased with someone's subscriber grant.

There is also no barrier for any player to craft their own items as well. All it takes is picking up crafting and crew skills, and leveling them just as the crafters who sell on the GTN did.

Reputation gear also shouldn't be available for purchase. Other players obtained them by grinding content. If you want them you should have to run the same content.

The only exception to all of the above is gear sets that have been removed from the game, like old Flashpoint drops and some old crafted gear you obtained by reverse engineering certain items. Although I'd much rather those returned to the game as being able to be obtained as they were previously, Cartel Market purchases would be an acceptable alternative considering there is currently no way to obtain those items. Reputation and crafted items that haven't been removed from the game do not need to put on the CM, as they are still obtainable within the game.

Totally agree with this. I was going to say something similar, but this is worded much better and is more thorough in explaining the reasoning than what I'd come up with so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Armor that can be crafted or are considered "reputation armor" should be available in the Cartel Market to those that want them but can't craft them (not at the right level or can't find/buy the right materials) or can't or don't want to earn the reputation to get to that point for whatever reason. I would literally rather buy all the armor than craft or earn the reputation to obtain it. Saves me a lot of time and effort.

no go to a crafter and give him your credits and reward him for his time. And reputation go earn the rep, we have enough credit card sliding armor in this game. And when it comes to time and effort i am sorry but to freakin bad. Go earn it like play the game, you want something do the content to get it. Nothing in this game other then getting geared can take a large chunk of time. Events are happening all the time now so no excuse to not do them. I mean that is playing the game, there is already so much you can get just by sliding your credit card we really don't need anymore of that. just to give a list

1. can get up to lvl 70 in token

2. Pretty much every new armor comes to the CC

3 Exp, valor, and other boosts.

4. Companion lvl 50 tokens

5. Decorations

6. Strongholds

7. Emotes and flairs (wish we could earn more of these)

Yeah so alot of **** can be bought already. You really can just put a little bit of your gameplay time. An hour and a half man during the week you can make it. It is a video game.

Everybody *can* craft armour for its looks. Just train up the crew skill, then level up the character that will be using it. Level-restricted armour obeys the level restriction in Outfit Designer slots just as it does in the main gear slot, so if, for example, you want to wear the look of Imp-side Charged Hypercloth Force-Expert's(1), you have to level your character to level 61. None of that is hard.

My own view is that most of the "end-game" craftable gear qualifies to put the "Ugh" in "ugly", but if you want to craft it, just do the work. You only need to craft green 268s if you're after the looks, or take the free stuff that drops during Onslaught.

As for materials, well, just work a bit.

Reputation gear is *supposed* to make you work. That's the whole point of it. If you want the Hallowed Gothic set(2), crank your way through the ranks of Oricon reputation. (It's tedious, but it isn't *difficult*.) The Black/Deep Red dye can be bought on the GTN from players who actually expended the effort to earn the reputation needed to buy the schematic.

(1) https://i.imgur.com/HV8WAXu.jpg but be aware that it looks supremely dorky if you wear it on a Pubsider.

(2) https://i.imgur.com/qZosJzt.jpg (the mask is from a different set because the Hallowed Gothic helmet looks really strange and is obtained ... differently)