Cannot earn rep with Imperial First Mobile Fleet

Kayahni

Every so often, I'm in the mood for the PvE starship missions, but I *hate* the minefield ones. I never got around to completing Ascendancy Barrier until earlier this month, and when I did, I didn't earn any reputation with the fleet from doing so. I thought maybe I mistook the mission reward listing a rep token for one of the other missions in the console. I just ran it again (for possibly the third time, but definitely second) on a different character, this time with pictures to prove it! (The lack of rep, that is ;) )

Operation: Ascendant Pride is supposed to (used to, I imagine) award a rep token called Starship Scrap, as seen here beside my BH's sorely abused ship.

When I clicked "Accept" to receive the reward and exit the mission, "Invalid Target" briefly flashed in red in the center of my screen, then I finished zoning into my ship. The chat log says I received a Starship Scrap. I did not, nor did I expect to, because reputation tokens are typically auto-consumed when acquired now.

However, you can see by my absolute lack of progress with the Imperial First Mobile Fleet, I did not and have never received the reputation points from the not-really-consumed Starship Scrap.

It was at least two runs through the blasted minefield, because not only did I just finish it on my BH, I have the achievement for finally completing it earlier this month (on my Sorc, I think.)

Also, it's probably not related, but just in case there's an additional issue contributing to this, I occasionally see, just briefly, fly text for xp/renown points during space missions. Ascendancy Barrier (possibly others, but definitely this one) is also trying to give me command points. Since the fly text is only there so briefly, I shrugged it off as my imagination, but it's in the chat log, too.

Edited by Kayahni

I'm glad I saw this. I've been working so hard to max out my ship gear so I can earn reputation now that Command has gone. I finally today completed the mission that gives the green reputation. After seeing your post I checked my weekly reputation remaining and it hasn't changed, so mine didn't consume or count either. I'm incredibly upset by this as that reputation was my primary focus, especially that one mission given the rest that give blue reputation are literally impossible. I hope this gets fixed, but until then, at least I know not to waste my time on space missions anymore :( Shame...

• 1 month later...

I just came back to the game last week, and noticed this happening as well. I complete Impossible Sector, rewards show Starship Scrap, chat log says Starship Scrap, but a red "Invalid Target" pops up as the game tries to load me back into my ship, and there's no scrap in my inventory.

I did a google search for:

"starship scrap" "invalid target"

This was literally the ONLY result that it came back with. Google said to me, "1 result (0.32 seconds)"

Well, at least it was a relevant result!

Would be nice to know if this is a bug that needs to be fixed, or if starship scrap isn't a thing anymore.

I'm pretty sure I saw another thread about this, but ....

It's related to the change where reputation tokens get auto-magically used when you receive them. In this particular case, you are "moving" when you accept the reward, and as a result the token use 'fails", and you lose both the token, and the reputation points you should gain from using it.

The solution (OK, maybe just "workaround") is pretty simple: don't click the accept button while you are still "traveling" out of the mission. Wait till that "travel" completes, and then you can accept the mission, and (briefly) get your token (which will get auto-used and give you your reputation points).

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can confirm as of 5 minutes ago the above method works perfectly. Don't accept rewards until you return to your ship.

Attempting to follow these instructions, but the Op mission dialogue pops before the node mission dialogue. If I close the box and click on pending, it just reopens the same box, so I can't get out of the mission without accepting the dialog that gives the rep token. Is there some trick of the UI I'm missing here?