The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Misleading chat choices?

fenwayb

Is anybody else having this problem? I feel like sometimes (actually quite often) what is written and what is actually said for the chat decisions differs greatly (I know they're supposed to, but I mean in their meaning as well). I found this to be incredibly bad with the SI...I keep picking options that to me sound really sarcastic, and they end up being sincere and give me unwanted light side points. The worst example I have of this so far is the last SI trial on Korriban, where one of your options is to tell the guy he was a "great teacher". Now to me, I thought that was supposed to ridiculously sarcastic, but it wasn't and I got completely unwanted light side points for it. I also got light side points that I thought were unwarranted for the quest where you recover the brain of an animal for the crazy sith lord trying to dissect animals to discover the secrets of the dark side. I decided to let the assistant mess with it so I could get some extra credits, and somehow that was considered the "good"(light) thing to do.

I know what you mean. In this one quest on my JK one of the options was: "Do not mourn their loss" so i thought it would be the jedi thing of not morning the dead but remembering instead. I was wrong. Instead it was a heartless 'they were pathetic' comment. Luckily my game crashed right after i made that choice.

1) Turn on Lightside Darkside point display on User Interface

The only problem with this is it's not always about the light/dark side points either, some of them just ruin the immersion. For instance, if you allow yourself to be paid off instead of actually recovering Brell's little brother on Hutta and you go back to him and say "he is dead", the game takes that as you blatantly telling Brell that you let his little brother die, instead of simply stating the fact that he is dead. They really need to find a better way to convey the actual meaning if they aren't going to write out what is actually said.

It's not game-breaking or anything but a few of the dialogue options are weirdly misleading.

I'm trying to play a dutiful but kind trooper, but occasionally I get options like this...

NPC: Good thing Mr. Guy is on your side now. He's a great sniper.

*selects option That's why I recruited him*

Me: The ugly bastard isn't good for anything else, that's for sure.

wat

Edited by carnac_fett

Is anybody else having this problem? I feel like sometimes (actually quite often) what is written and what is actually said for the chat decisions differs greatly (I know they're supposed to, but I mean in their meaning as well). I found this to be incredibly bad with the SI...I keep picking options that to me sound really sarcastic, and they end up being sincere and give me unwanted light side points. The worst example I have of this so far is the last SI trial on Korriban, where one of your options is to tell the guy he was a "great teacher". Now to me, I thought that was supposed to ridiculously sarcastic, but it wasn't and I got completely unwanted light side points for it. I also got light side points that I thought were unwarranted for the quest where you recover the brain of an animal for the crazy sith lord trying to dissect animals to discover the secrets of the dark side. I decided to let the assistant mess with it so I could get some extra credits, and somehow that was considered the "good"(light) thing to do.

I feel the same way many times.

Take the Esseles on the Republic side for example: After the final boss is down, a lot of people just jump right on the shuttle (light side) instead of saying to the ambassador "We need to talk." (no light/dark). The "talk" option is not a dark side choice, it's just a way of telling her she's been set up. You can still choose the light side option to take her back safely, but it changes the final dialogue on the bridge.

So far I've never been able to just leaver her out of the mission completely, and never seen anyone choose to leaver her behind.