Jedi Knight chapter4 Doomsday puzzle?

Shazzi

The correct way to do this as a guardian is just beat him down. Just spam interrupts when he casts, have T7 on passive, ignore the clones. I threw the saber, fought him in the middle of the room. My heroic moment was on cooldown from trying the pillar hugging tactic. The emperor and his clones hit like kittens if you interrupt spells.

As soon as the emperor turned green and showed the talk icon, I switched T7 to aggressive and killed the clones. Easy peasey.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
did it today as guardian on 3rd try (since he hit me for 40k on each of the first 2 tries), see my tactic below

1. use ALT+F to have the emperor as your focus target.

2. ignore clones, when the emperor disappears and reappears simply re target him via the focus bar.

3. none of his abilities hit hard, go all out on him, with 1 exception.

4. you MUST, at all costs, interrupt force blast, he'll start casting this around 50%, and it will 1 shot you, even through saber ward (2nd try i popped saber ward, and he hit me through it for 39k). fortunately he's not immune to any CC, so alternate force kick with any of your interrupt abilities (stasis, force push etc), he doesn't have much HP so you should be able to defeat him rather fast.

on a side note, i found this quest to be one of the more annoying ones, mostly due to the insta death mechanics that are in no way obvious (nor are there such mechanics present in any of the other story lines I've followed) and your uninspired choices for conversation and companion affection gains)

This tip is the only useful information here. I wiped on my first attempt, looked for a strat found this, and beat the emp on my second try. Focus target ftw.

Edit: I know this thread is about the puzzle itself, but it was bugged for me, more than a year since they supposedly "fixed" it.

Edited by Garfunkleblunt

Did it about an hour ago.. 1st try, I geared up T-7 and got him a very good blaster. Concentrated on attacking only the Emp rather than the clones. Dropped like a stone. Level 48 Sent DPS.... after reading this thread thought it was gonna be tougher with all the hiding behind pillars talk. I just fired out my rotation as fast as possible.. didn't even have to Call on the Force or whatever that boost is that makes the cool music sound.

Anti-climatic really.

• 8 months later...

I am a Jedi Guardian, level 51. I can't do my final quest . :(

I can't beat Emperor in no way. I tried 6 times.

I have 2 question , please help me ;

1. How can I solve the puzzle in temple ? (For T7 equipment)

2. How can I beat Emperor ? What should I do ?

Please Write simple and by one by ... THANKS :)

Beating The Emperor requires two simple tricks.

1.) You will die the first time. Most likely. This is inevitable, but also to your benefit, for when you die, you will go back and you will hit the TAB key and select The Big Bad.

You will then never switch targets again.

Doing this keeps you locked onto the Real Emperor, the one you actually have to kill to win. You will soon realize that he's kind of a chump. Put T7 into his stance that will draw aggro, send him in first, and then go be your awesome Jedi Self. Un-Kriffing-Load: your best rotations with your best priorities. I did it as a Focus Sentinel which meant getting that Sweep to hit as hard as possible every time.

2.) The other trick is interrupts. You MUST use your defensive cooldowns (such as Rebuke and Saber Ward) and you MUST interrupt his channeled attacks (using Force Kick, Force Stasis, etc.). If you do not interrupt, you will be eating all of the damage forever right to the face, and you will never win. You will NEVER win unless you get those interrupts down. Bind them to hotkeys, get used to them, and get ready to interrupt when you see the Emperor chargin' his lazar.

Those 2 things will save your life and help you defeat the evilest Evil in The Galaxy. Good luck, young Jedi.

Beating The Emperor requires two simple tricks.

1.) You will die the first time. Most likely. This is inevitable, but also to your benefit, for when you die, you will go back and you will hit the TAB key and select The Big Bad. You will then never switch targets again.

Doing this keeps you locked onto the Real Emperor, the one you actually have to kill to win. You will soon realize that he's kind of a chump. Put T7 into his stance that will draw aggro, send him in first, and then go be your awesome Jedi Self. Un-Kriffing-Load: your best rotations with your best priorities. I did it as a Focus Sentinel which meant getting that Sweep to hit as hard as possible every time.

2.) The other trick is interrupts. You MUST use your defensive cooldowns (such as Rebuke and Saber Ward) and you MUST interrupt his channeled attacks (using Force Kick, Force Stasis, etc.). If you do not interrupt, you will be eating all of the damage forever right to the face, and you will never win. You will NEVER win unless you get those interrupts down. Bind them to hotkeys, get used to them, and get ready to interrupt when you see the Emperor chargin' his lazar.

Those 2 things will save your life and help you defeat the evilest Evil in The Galaxy. Good luck, young Jedi.

Thanks JagoPulastra :) I will try what you said ...

But How can I solve the puzzle in temple ? (For T7 equipment)

Belhawk said it before, all pillars must have their symbols look like the double-roof with a line through the center. When that happens, you should get a visual effect in the game showing you the container being surged by power, at which point in time it will open. Once you put in the correct pattern for The Imperial Crest, it should only take a few seconds.

I beat him at the end !

-I had to be level 52

-I couldn't solve the puzzle !

-I bought many equipment for T7 in the Galactic Trade Market. (About 80.000 credit)

-I ignored Clones

-Interrupts were important again !

Edited by Kokkomo

I beat him at the end !

-I had to be level 52

-I couldn't solve the puzzle !

-I bought many equipment for T7 in the Galactic Trade Market. (About 80.000 credit)

-I ignored Clones

-Interrupts were important again !

I just beat this fight with my level 50 guardian tank spec. If you use the focus target trick so you don't lose track of the real emperor it is pretty easy. Just stay on him and interrupt all the long casts. The puzzle is also pretty simple if you remember what the imperial symbol looks like.

Few hours ago I finished chapter 3 and it was... something.

- Level 50 Vigilance Guardian

- T7 in some very old gear + gear I got from solving the puzzle (doesn't matter what you have on T7 he is useless in this fight anyway)

- Interrupts!

- Rest was just random button smashing

- Saber Ward and Focused Defense was used

- No Heroic Moment

But guess I did some parts of rotation correctly because he died so quickly.

Edited by Halinalle