KOTET VS Rise of the Skywalker(Spoiler)

Slowpokeking

I think this movie has a lot similarities with the MMO SWTOR's KOTET xpc ending.

1)

The Emperor rez from dead, tried to seduce and possess the hero's body. Valkorion almost succeeded.

2)

The Throne and the fleet. Palpatine has a throne and massive fleet to conquer the galaxy. Valkorion has the Eternal Throne to conquer the galaxy.

The final duel was around the throne, about the fleet, just KOTET was using mind battle.

3)

The Emperor and his daughter/grand daughter

Palpatine was afraid of his granddaughter Rey's power, he tried to kill/use her and her parent went away to hide her. Valkorion was afraid of his daughter Vaylin's power, he used ritual and terrible torture to turn Vaylin into a monster.

Dark Rey's illusion was very similar to Vaylin in the cinematic.

Rey=KOTET PC with Vaylin's background just got lucky

4)

The betrayer and usurper.

Kylo Ren and Arcann both killed their father, both killed the Empire/FO's leader when the hero got captured. They both wear masks and were redeemed by their mother(light side). Both aided the hero in the final battle.

5)

The Emperor absorbed his daughter/granddauguther's power

Palpatine drained Rey and Kylo's power to regain his strength.

Valkorion drained Vaylin and Arcann(if not redeemed)'s soul power to fully possess the hero.

6)

Lightning blast ships

Palpatine used it. PC can chose to accept Valkorion's power and blasted many ships when fighting Arcann in KOTFE.

7)

The final death of the emperor

Palpatine got his lightning turned back and exploded. Valkorion got his dark power and lightning turned back with the saberstrike and exploded

Now that you mention it I see it, but despite that a few moments in the movie I felt like I was playing the game. Fighting on the ship. Taking out cameras. Doing a mission. Wasn't a bad thing, just a biased observation feeling because I play the game.

My tought was similar. Palpatine was pretty much like Valkorion. The primary difference is, that in SWTOR the Sith Emperor was always shown as a godlike super powerful ultimate evil. Palpatine had limitations before. He couldn't destroy Vader before he thrown him down, and he couldn't destroy the rebel fleet all by himself. If he were this powerful, then how could he be defeated? Why didn't he just pushed Vader out to space?

In SWTOR the Sith Emperor seemed to be more like a child playing. Or a cheater. He was bored. He was already super powerful who always won, and wanted some change. From what we seen on Ziost, Iokath, and Nathema he could have won at any time. He intentionally played around. Like when you start a new game, or intentionally make the game harder for extra challenge.

The only reason he lost is, because his plan backfired. He wanted a worthy foe in the Outlander, and he made him too worthy. The former is not exactly a bad idea. I mean he was the absolute strongest, and he wanted a real challenge for a change. Someone who can put up a fight, and not just die from a single attack.

My tought was similar. Palpatine was pretty much like Valkorion. The primary difference is, that in SWTOR the Sith Emperor was always shown as a godlike super powerful ultimate evil. Palpatine had limitations before. He couldn't destroy Vader before he thrown him down, and he couldn't destroy the rebel fleet all by himself. If he were this powerful, then how could he be defeated? Why didn't he just pushed Vader out to space?

In SWTOR the Sith Emperor seemed to be more like a child playing. Or a cheater. He was bored. He was already super powerful who always won, and wanted some change. From what we seen on Ziost, Iokath, and Nathema he could have won at any time. He intentionally played around. Like when you start a new game, or intentionally make the game harder for extra challenge.

The only reason he lost is, because his plan backfired. He wanted a worthy foe in the Outlander, and he made him too worthy. The former is not exactly a bad idea. I mean he was the absolute strongest, and he wanted a real challenge for a change. Someone who can put up a fight, and not just die from a single attack.

Made a video about it.

Valkorion was just Legends Dark Empire Palpatine and Darth Nihilus put together.

Interesting, now that you mention it.

Wow, it might be coincidence but there has been a LOT of talk about this in the internet...comparing the 2! However the comparison seem to end when they see the cinematic trailers of this game that apparently are MORE liked than the 3 new movies combine... :eek:

Hmmm I getting worried it becomes a viral talk and Disney's decides to take over, to "re-imagine" or change this game too into another unpopular canon movie... or worse close the game. :confused:

OR on a positive note IT could bring more financial support to the game... I guess we will have to see where this new talk comparing these 2 lead us...in time.

Edited by Zehal

Interesting, now that you mention it.

Wow, it might be coincidence but there has been a LOT of talk about this in the internet...comparing the 2! However the comparison seem to end when they see the cinematic trailers of this game that apparently are MORE liked than the 3 new movies combine... :eek:

Hmmm I getting worried it becomes a viral talk and Disney's decides to take over, to "re-imagine" or change this game too into another unpopular canon movie... or worse close the game. :confused:

OR on a positive note IT could bring more financial support to the game... I guess we will have to see where this new talk comparing these 2 lead us...in time.

Senya in the cinematic trailer obviously was based on Rey's face.

Do you think its posible JJ play this game or was given the game script of Knights of the Eternal Throne plot & characters ? :eek:

Wow that be crazy and a lot of angry fans will FLIP out if it turn to be true! :confused:

PS: Saw your video and like it... there is a waaay to many coincidence and similarities, that makes you wonder! :rolleyes:

Edited by Zehal

I was disappointed the final battle took place on Exogel, a planet I never heard of. It couldn't have been Korriban or Dromund Kaas? I was also hoping they got the voice actors for the Knight and Consular when Rey heard the Jedi, but alas that was not to be.