Season 11 Summary

MikeBradley

Still didn't get my 3 Bronze rewards, sent an ingame Ticket, called customer service and pm'ed Eric twice since Customer Service said "yes you are legit but only devs could correct this mistake". Since Eric doesn't reply (yet), are there any other known ways to approach the devs?

Thanks for whatever helpful tips!

• 2 weeks later...

• Bronze – 25 wins
  • Silver – 50 wins
  • Gold – 100 wins
  • Top 96 – 200 wins

So if I understand this correctly, if lets say one guy gets 200+ wins and has a rating of 1300 and there are several others with ratings 1500+ but with less than 200 wins this guy still gets top3?

• 5 months later...

• Mixing up seasonal variety
  • More Matchmaking improvements
  • More choice in picking or excluding certain maps or game types
  • Re-examining Group Ranked
  • Balance Issues
  • Vote kicking abuses

Looking now at the leaderboards it went as expected. When it comes to the top96 people again just went for the 200 in order to qualify for it. Of course there seems to be some exceptions and people either really did play for fun OR they just play one toon, or wanted to play on after the 200 wins to gain better rating to be top3.

Anyway, we have (atm) 125 players who played over 201 wins, which is quite a big number I must say. Then we have only 26 players who stopped at 200 wins. If we look at it by classes then:

- Jugg/Guardian we have just the people reaching 200 wins and then stopping to play. Its the same people of which some said they dont care about rewards yet, they deliberetly played it out exactly to reach top3 so.....

- A nice surprise was Sentinel/Marauders where there really was a competition till the end and wintrading in the last evenings was obvious

- Shadow/Sin was similar to juggs where people just reached 200 wins early on and kept it till end.

- Sage/Sorc is same to the previous yet, with a small difference that there were actually some players trying to beat the "200 win" guys, sadly unsuccsesfully as the "200 win" guys got very high at start

- VG/PT this category was interesting for a long time as there were no players with 200 wins for most part of the season. Only till the end (and probably due to tweaks) when people just went for the 200 wins and then stopped

- Merc/Mano was a bit different since on the Merc side we have the "200 win" guys and on Mando side we have people going over 200 wins, just to be placed top3

- Slinger/Sniper was only about getting 200 wins and stopping, with only a few going a bit over 200 wins to make sure they are top3

- Oper/Scoundrel were the worst ones when it comes to getting 200 wins. It seems there were very few people interested in getting top3 with this class, which is strange. Mainly scoundrel had very little 200 win people.

Overall what I wanted to show with this that besides the suggested changes we really need a rating decay since people evidently just reach top3 and stop playing. As we could see over 150 players have reached over 200 wins and this is a big portion of the PVP ranked community. If these people stop playing after reaching top3 its a loss of a lot of players in the que. Yes, one can say they will then move to their alt to get that to top3 but still, there is a high chance we will get reduced pops due to people having secured their top spots.

Looking now at the leaderboards it went as expected. When it comes to the top96 people again just went for the 200 in order to qualify for it. Of course there seems to be some exceptions and people either really did play for fun OR they just play one toon, or wanted to play on after the 200 wins to gain better rating to be top3.

Anyway, we have (atm) 125 players who played over 201 wins, which is quite a big number I must say. Then we have only 26 players who stopped at 200 wins. If we look at it by classes then:

- Jugg/Guardian we have just the people reaching 200 wins and then stopping to play. Its the same people of which some said they dont care about rewards yet, they deliberetly played it out exactly to reach top3 so.....

- A nice surprise was Sentinel/Marauders where there really was a competition till the end and wintrading in the last evenings was obvious

- Shadow/Sin was similar to juggs where people just reached 200 wins early on and kept it till end.

- Sage/Sorc is same to the previous yet, with a small difference that there were actually some players trying to beat the "200 win" guys, sadly unsuccsesfully as the "200 win" guys got very high at start

- VG/PT this category was interesting for a long time as there were no players with 200 wins for most part of the season. Only till the end (and probably due to tweaks) when people just went for the 200 wins and then stopped

- Merc/Mano was a bit different since on the Merc side we have the "200 win" guys and on Mando side we have people going over 200 wins, just to be placed top3

- Slinger/Sniper was only about getting 200 wins and stopping, with only a few going a bit over 200 wins to make sure they are top3

- Oper/Scoundrel were the worst ones when it comes to getting 200 wins. It seems there were very few people interested in getting top3 with this class, which is strange. Mainly scoundrel had very little 200 win people.

Overall what I wanted to show with this that besides the suggested changes we really need a rating decay since people evidently just reach top3 and stop playing. As we could see over 150 players have reached over 200 wins and this is a big portion of the PVP ranked community. If these people stop playing after reaching top3 its a loss of a lot of players in the que. Yes, one can say they will then move to their alt to get that to top3 but still, there is a high chance we will get reduced pops due to people having secured their top spots.

A large portion of the people who are top 3 for one class, stopped at 200 wins to persue top 3 for another class. In fact, looking at the leaderboards now, there are more than 5 people who reached 200 wins for a top 3 on at least 2 or more classes. So naturally, if you stop queuing to play another character, your wins will no longer go up on your main character. I say this to say that many of these players have 600+ wins, which is close to 1500~ games played across multiple characters. Assuming games have an average length of 7 minutes each, that's nearly 200 hours of solo ranked per person. That's a lot of PvP.

That being said, I do agree with Rating decay, almost every major game with a ranked scene has decay in some form, so I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented here.

I say this to say that many of these players have 600+ wins, which is close to 1500~ games played across multiple characters. Assuming games have an average length of 7 minutes each, that's nearly 200 hours of solo ranked per person. That's a lot of PvP.

Yes and this was my very first reaction back then when they introduced these win requirements that the top3 titles will become "play-to-win" basis. People who have the time to play so much will simply spam the games until they win 200 times and will hope that they are top.

On the other hand, I have to say that I am surprised and people who actually have above 200 wins are indeed placed quite high (if not top) in the leaderboards. Still, we do have quite a few low rating players getting top3 and its specific for given classes. As I wrote its really a question of 150 toons actually reaching the top3 win limit and from these many are the same player. So we can say the top3 is just about the few players who take the time to farm the rating. But we have to hand it to them, that they are able to keep a decent (if not top) rating after reaching the 200 win limit.

Of course the question arises whether they didnt have help, but thats for Mike and co. to find out.

That being said, I do agree with Rating decay, almost every major game with a ranked scene has decay in some form, so I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented here.

Yes, I've argued for rating decay for years now. The win requirements were a good start, but rating decay would be ideal. Just for an example, Etudez got his rating on sorc within the first month of the season and hasn't touched it since. Now obviously Etudez is a good enough sorc to be top 3, he's certainly better than me, but it's just kind of dumb that he can not touch a character for 90% of the season and still be top 3.