Legacy bind for Cartel Market items

Ecekiell

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but since all gear is now legacy bound, are there any plans to make cartel market items bound to legacy as well? Of course only if the item is unlocked in collections, the way it already works with crystals for example.

Would be pretty useful for weapons, since as far as I know there won't be a weapon outfit designer anytime soon.

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but since all gear is now legacy bound, are there any plans to make cartel market items bound to legacy as well? Of course only if the item is unlocked in collections, the way it already works with crystals for example.

Would be pretty useful for weapons, since as far as I know there won't be a weapon outfit designer anytime soon.

I doubt it, they'd lose revenue from people who use CC's to unlock stuff

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but since all gear is now legacy bound,

The above isn't actually true. Level 75 gear is legacy bound, but lower-level gear is still bind-on-pickup or bind-on-equip.

are there any plans to make cartel market items bound to legacy as well?

There are apparently substantial technical obstacles in the Collections system, so I'd guess not.

Of course only if the item is unlocked in collections, the way it already works with crystals for example.

It doesn't work like that for crystals, in fact. The legacy / character bind thing on crystals (same for tunings) is that while the crystal is character-bound, you can put it in a legacy-bound weapon and, if and only if the crystal is account-unlocked, you can transfer the weapon (with the enclosed crystal) to another character. The weapon doesn't become character-bound while the not-fully-unlocked crystal is in it, but it cannot be transferred by mail and it cannot be put in legacy storage. (If you fully unlock the crystal, *then* you can transfer the weapon.)

Legacy-bound weapons aren't *rare* (every character that follows the class story gets at least one(1)), although non-weapon offhands *are*.

(1) Inquisitors get two.

Given that any character in your Account can pull a copy of an unlocked weapon from Collections, there isn't much need for them to be BoL. Unless, as I assume, you are talking about fully modding a weapon to pass it between alts. That seems to me to have somewhat limited usefulness considering the differences between classes (levels, weapons, specs, etc), and the ease of getting new mods.

A few suggestions:

- when you upgrade the mods in a weapon, keep the old mods to put in another characters weapon (when applicable). Then the alt can start at almost the same level and earn it's own mods easily.

- if you want to switch weapons easily, put the weapons in your inventory and drag them to a skillbar. You can then switch them by simply clicking on them in the skillbar. (They should all be fully modded if you actually want to use them, natch.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Thought it's obivious, but maybe I should have been more clear.

Yes, it's not all gear, but most (I don't care about low level stuff).

With unlocked in collections, I of course meant for all characters, so account unlock. They won't lose anything, by letting us transfer those things to alts.

Reason: I play multiple characters (of same class) and transfer gear with correct stats/augments and therefore can't use cartel market weapons, if I don't want to make each character their own weapon.

Edited by Ecekiell

if cartel stuff was BoL, people wouldn't pay to acc unlock it, hence, the losing of money for BW. BUT if they changed the system, so that a single use BoP still stands, but if they fix it so that it becomes BoL when you unlock it acc wide, we'd have the best of both. They'd still get their CC's/CaSH, and we'd get equipment we could move around.

….therefore can't use cartel market weapons, if I don't want to make each character their own weapon.

Yes but, what's so hard about making each character their own weapon? Especially weapons - my Gunslinger has 2 sets of pistols (that's 4 altogether**) that have 294 barrels and 292 mods, and I've gotten so many extras I have 6 extra 292 barrels in legacy storage and loads of extra 292-294 mods and enhancements. If (when) I go to play my other Slinger, he will start out with at least 292 gear, which is more than enough.

I get so many gear drops just from doing veteran FPs that it would be silly to make just one weapon. :)

** so I can switch weapons to match my outfit.

if cartel stuff was BoL, people wouldn't pay to acc unlock it, hence, the losing of money for BW. BUT if they changed the system, so that a single use BoP still stands, but if they fix it so that it becomes BoL when you unlock it acc wide, we'd have the best of both. They'd still get their CC's/CaSH, and we'd get equipment we could move around.

That's literally exactly what I said.

Yes but, what's so hard about making each character their own weapon? Especially weapons - my Gunslinger has 2 sets of pistols (that's 4 altogether**) that have 294 barrels and 292 mods, and I've gotten so many extras I have 6 extra 292 barrels in legacy storage and loads of extra 292-294 mods and enhancements. If (when) I go to play my other Slinger, he will start out with at least 292 gear, which is more than enough.

I get so many gear drops just from doing veteran FPs that it would be silly to make just one weapon. :)

** so I can switch weapons to match my outfit.

I mainly do operations and need several characters for more ids. Equipping a weapon with all items BiS and correct amplifier and augement can get a little expensive. Using non-cartel market weapons is much easier at this point.

But to repeat: I don't say it's difficult, or I don't have enough money, mods, or something like this. Just saying, I don't really get the point, why (account-wide-unlocked) cartel market weapons aren't BoL like every random drop right now. It's just a QoL change I would appreciate, so relax guys.

I would love it if all the unique stuff that i can't easily reacquire or not reacquire at all would be bound to legacy and i could buy (in-game credits unless cartel market item) copies of it for all my characters from collection.

There was some weapon that i got at early level that i regret selling to vendor. No idea what it was anymore, but if i can find, use in-game credits to buy or make weapon that has same skin then its all fine.

Maybe fireworks don't need to be something i can get infinite copies of for all my characters... But i would not mind having that as an option too, as long as it can't be spammed so much it becomes too annoying for others.

It feels like even this would be done better if this game would be singleplayer, perhaps with optional coop and perhaps some MP content :(