Major Anri >>> Tau Loser

Reeny

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anri has a practical personality so she is just fine. Size wise too big for a Twi'lek.

Tau is not a Jedi and in no way someone I would even consider as an equal and I do wonder how she even managed to survive the war. Jedi are not whiners or doubters. They have been taught too much about thinking about their actions before doing them or just letting the Force act through them. Tau is acting completely out of character to be a senior jedi knight.

Given a chance I would have told her to take a hike and did everything myself. I never would have went to a location as a commander of entire army and planet completely alone. Then again there are so many story options that were forced on you for no apparent reason.

Tau is not a Jedi and in no way someone I would even consider as an equal and I do wonder how she even managed to survive the war. Jedi are not whiners or doubters.

That's exactly the thing though and the reason I think she is the most interesting and most developed character in the new storyline. She is not written as your equal, but as an inexperienced jedi who spend her formative years in isolation on Ossus after the jedi order got completely fractured.

It is particularly good if you play as a Jedi who was taught the traditional jedi way with the oversight of the jedi council on Tython.

At this stage your character has a lifetime of experience with your class story, RotHC, SoR, KOTFE, KOTET. Tau did not have the "benefit" of that training. She grew up in a totally different environment than you. That is why Gnost-Dural is very right to give her an apprentice to hone her jedi skills.

My favorite scene in Onslaught is when she is teaching Arn about using the force and Arn cannot completely use it. She reveals that she has the same "issue" and in turn shows growth of character by admitting to her flaws. Later on when Arn wants to kill the slaver brothers, Tau's reaction regardless of whether you reject or help him shows a character that has become more experienced dealing with tough situations.

I think BioWare is finally back on track with Tau and Arn and I am looking forward to their continued growth.

Major Anri I like a lot. She's a very practical, focused and down-to-earth soldier. Always ready to do what's needed and knows when something makes sense to do or not. As for the Republic showing its true colours...

When you play the story on the rep side on Mek-Sha you encounter her at the end and when she recognizes you as the commander she surrenders but one of the other big shots on your team just shoots her dead and nobody questions it, not even you. I found that rather appalling from a light side point of view

Tau and Arn deserve each other I guess. To me the oversized Tau attracts more attention than she'd like and she's insecure dealing with herself. Arn fits well with her in that respect. There is something about their graphics though that keeps putting me off however. I can't quite put my finger on it but graphically there's just something odd about them.

And here's the thing... I think it's very uncharacteristic of the Jedi to put a conflicted master with a conflicted student. That's a recipe for disaster and therefore I don't get it.

We see on Mek-Sha that Arn cannot control himself and wipes out the Brothers because they are slavers, going against his master's wishes and also not really getting any flack for it. This will either go horribly wrong or become a total cop-out story, which does worry me.

The big difference between Tau and Arn I think is that Tau feels completely contrived. They had a bunch of ingredients they wanted to put together. Kinda like a nerdgasm that ended up having a baby. I think the Tau concept could've worked but it's just not worked out well in my opinion.

Major Anri is a little more in the background and is rather more unassuming. She also has an unintentional charm about her. Some of the interactions between her, you and Lana are hilarious as well. Her character is built up of things that fit and have subtlety to it. That makes her more believable to me. And her accent is perfect becasue it has that British sound but also the street smarts in it. For me Anri has been much better put together than Tau as a character.

Tau and Arn deserve each other I guess. To me the oversized Tau attracts more attention than she'd like and she's insecure dealing with herself. Arn fits well with her in that respect. There is something about their graphics though that keeps putting me off however. I can't quite put my finger on it but graphically there's just something odd about them.

And here's the thing... I think it's very uncharacteristic of the Jedi to put a conflicted master with a conflicted student. That's a recipe for disaster and therefore I don't get it.

You put the finger right on it. Very uncharacteristic of the Jedi. This is exactly what keeps me enganged in the new storyline, but I can understand that some people are not particularly keen on it.

I don't think it is contrived though, because the story so far established quite well the setting we are in at the moment. And Tau's character and issues fit right in. She is basically the embodiment of the jedi after KOTFE and KOTET: Isolated, leaderless, insecure and, dare I say it, deluded of the past. Tau definitely has character traits that would rub me the wrong way in person, but they are totally understandable considering her tenure on Ossus and no interaction with a functioning jedi order and council.

Pairing Tau with Arn is not a master and apprentice relationship out of carefulness, but out of necessity.

That's exactly the thing though and the reason I think she is the most interesting and most developed character in the new storyline. She is not written as your equal, but as an inexperienced jedi who spend her formative years in isolation on Ossus after the jedi order got completely fractured.

It is particularly good if you play as a Jedi who was taught the traditional jedi way with the oversight of the jedi council on Tython.

At this stage your character has a lifetime of experience with your class story, RotHC, SoR, KOTFE, KOTET. Tau did not have the "benefit" of that training. She grew up in a totally different environment than you. That is why Gnost-Dural is very right to give her an apprentice to hone her jedi skills.

My favorite scene in Onslaught is when she is teaching Arn about using the force and Arn cannot completely use it. She reveals that she has the same "issue" and in turn shows growth of character by admitting to her flaws. Later on when Arn wants to kill the slaver brothers, Tau's reaction regardless of whether you reject or help him shows a character that has become more experienced dealing with tough situations.

I think BioWare is finally back on track with Tau and Arn and I am looking forward to their continued growth.

This is how i feel about her too, and i think you said it perfectly.

I really liked the interactions between them, and that scene too, i think given the time and maybe with a little help, she'll become a good master to him and a better Jedi.

Major Anri I like a lot. She's a very practical, focused and down-to-earth soldier. Always ready to do what's needed and knows when something makes sense to do or not. As for the Republic showing its true colours...

When you play the story on the rep side on Mek-Sha you encounter her at the end and when she recognizes you as the commander she surrenders but one of the other big shots on your team just shoots her dead and nobody questions it, not even you. I found that rather appalling from a light side point of view

Hm, you can very clearly see that the shot is different than normal shots and that this one is a stun shot.

5 min later, you're discussing what to do about Anri, whether she'll go to the Republic or to the Alliance for interrogation.

And after Corelia (a few days later in my case), you receive a mail saying she escaped.

She's very much alive and free at the end of Onslaught.

So either you have a very strong bias against the Republic or you were not paying attention, or both maybe

There's one thing i didn't like while talking to her on Mek-sha with my former slave of an Imperius is that she says slavery was awful to her but then says something along the lines of it being necessary and somewhat of a good thing for the Empire... That's something she better not say to my Nox, he's far more agressive when it comes to slavery than my Imperius.

I try to turn Anri over to my side ( imperial saboteur ) every chance I get on my agent

why? to remind her how AWFUL they have been to HER people --- and will continue to remind her ...

so there is that .... I see nothing good about the Empire ( I stayed Alliance though too)

and ...

IF Anri can escape -- she can't be dead

Edited by Tashia

Well, first of...

Major Anri isn't killed. It's a tranq dart because last I checked corpses don't escape imprisonment.

I enjoy Anri as a character and I love her VA. The only thing I cannot understand is why she would put her life on the line for the Empire. Sure, they've made a bit of progress over the years but with what she's been through and as a former slave, I find it odd she'd be so loyal and fight on their side. On the other hand, I admire her for making the best of her situation and fighting for a better future, naive as it may be.

Tau and Arn are a complex pair. I do see the wisdom in them helping each other heal but at the same time, it's a gamble. I'm not a fan of their models, though. Something about them feels off and I get that, as a man who's mostly cyborg parts, Arn is supposed to look unconventional but something about it just doesn't quite work. Tau... I dunno. I almost feel they were trying to go for a Brienne of Tarth type deal (big, tall, tough-looking Knight woman who has a softer, kind and insecure side as well) but just missed the mark. It doesn't work.

I do sympathize more with Arn's story than Tau's. On Ossus, she tells you what she went through on Corellia in the past and while I understand it's meant to come across as impactful, it just made me laugh and roll my eyes. Especially the line of the Sith that jumped aboard the transport with "a red lightsaber... in each hand". I get that's supposed to be a frightful thing but come on. Describe how he had no face, only a mask of bones and a black void where his eyes should be or something but really, a Sith with red lightsabers? Yeah, horrifying, no one's ever seen or heard of that before. :rolleyes: And while that's just one line, it did get me stuck thinking of her as mostly a joke. I still struggle to take her serious or consider her a worthy Jedi.

Anyway, I did do all I could to help them both and support their Master/Padawan relationship. We'll see where that goes. If anything, they're worth having around solely for the sake of Lana's little teases.

^ Um,

They didn't shoot Anri dead. It was set for stun.

Very correct, because later you get a mail about her escaping her prison cell on the ship they took her too.

I don't consider Tau a loser but then it's me. She is different Jedi than what we may have ran across in our beginning stories but she never seem to have received the training most of the Jedi did so it makes her a little unsure of herself, which I can relate to.

Not all Jedi, even those that went through the training our characters went through are always going to be 100% sure of the actions we are taking. Some are more careful in what actions they take as they don't want anyone hurt (which is what my Jedi Counselor's are like). Sure they were trained and have skills but that doesn't mean they don't sometimes think about what is going on. They are not robots and they can feel.

Edited by casirabit

^ Um,

They didn't shoot Anri dead. It was set for stun.

I didn't realise but I saw one of those 20 emails you get referred to that indeed. Still it all felt very odd when it happened and my character certainly wasn't in on that so I would've expected to have at least mentioned it. A bit crappy to leave that up to a mail. Most of them come too late and out of sync with the story so I rarely read them.

Edited by Tsillah

I didn't realise but I saw one of those 20 emails you get referred to that indeed. Still it all felt very odd when it happened and my character certainly wasn't in on that so I would've expected to have at least mentioned it. A bit crappy to leave that up to a mail. Most of them come too late and out of sync with the story so I rarely read them.

I didn't really think it was up to mail, I thought it was clear from out-of-mail context.

When Narlock stuns Anri (and the vfx on the stun round is clearly different from a normal blaster bolt), he says "mission now, banter later," which I think implied he wasn't interested in talking with Anri right then due to the mission being critical. Hence stunning her, making her a problem for a less urgent time. And later in the same cutscene Tau says: "What do you think about this prisoner, Anri? Will we get anything useful out of her?" So clearly the player is meant to understand she's alive.

I didn't really think it was up to mail, I thought it was clear from out-of-mail context.

When Narlock stuns Anri (and the vfx on the stun round is clearly different from a normal blaster bolt), he says "mission now, banter later," which I think implied he wasn't interested in talking with Anri right then due to the mission being critical. Hence stunning her, making her a problem for a less urgent time. And later in the same cutscene Tau says: "What do you think about this prisoner, Anri? Will we get anything useful out of her?" So clearly the player is meant to understand she's alive.

I suppose. I just didn't interpret it that way. I just sat there thinking...*** he shot her. So that's how I experienced it I guess.

Edited by Tsillah

I suppose. I just didn't interpret it that way. I just sat there thinking...*** he shot her. So that's how I experienced it I guess.

Sure, I doubt there's any instance of writing in the history of the world where the writer succeeded in conveying their intentions perfectly to every single reader. :)

Major Anri is so much more interesting and fun to be with than the Tau loser jedi.

They are both reasonably well done IMO.

Anri is however overall more interesting.

I'm not one of those "kill Tau" fanatics though.

That fanaticism was reserved only for Skadge.

All The Best

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.