Ability to add an alt to guild

TonyTricicolo

I often create new characters. I also play at random times where I may be the only one on in my guild. As the guild master, I'd like an option to add alts to my guild when no one is on. I know we can't dual log so perhaps a send invite system where the intended recipient gets the request to join upon logging in. The sponsor receives notification of acceptance and confirms membership. Guildmaster can designate which guild members can utilize this feature. (Officers, Recruiters etc)

OMG! Yes! +1

Peoples ARE LAZY!

So please, let us add our Alt in the Guild . My Guild has a population of : 1

Nobody ever log anymore . And I have toons outside of this guild, where my older toons are part of it .

I would like to add them to this guild . But nobody ever online . And if they were, they are LAZY . And I have too many toons..for them to type/Toonnumber22 . Apparently its too much work :rolleyes:

How I invite myself to my guilds:

1. Two computers

2. Two SWTOR accounts (sub/pref/FTP doesn't matter, create yourself a trash account)

3. Remotely log into one computer from the other computer

4. Launch both accounts

5. One invites the other.

I have ONE computer..

wanna buy me a second one ? :D

How I invite myself to my guilds:

1. Two computers

2. Two SWTOR accounts (sub/pref/FTP doesn't matter, create yourself a trash account)

3. Remotely log into one computer from the other computer

4. Launch both accounts

5. One invites the other.

The second account wouldn't be part of my original legacy.

It is a MULTIplayer game. You are not alone. Get social! Ask someone to join your guild for some minutes to help you. Prepare a rank which can invite but not pillage your guild bank and everyone is happy.

lol Yeah with SINGLE PLAYER FOCUSED STORY . Been there in the MULTI and it sucked . So No thanx!

I think this would be a very useful option. I have encountered the situation several times, that I wanted to invite one of my alts into a guild but no one with the right rank was online at the time and I had to wait hours until I could finally get an invite. It would have been easier if my toon that was already in the guild, would also be able to invite my alts in such a situation. Edited by Ylliarus

What the OP wants is, essentially, a system that supports standing invitations, where someone in a guild can invite another character, whether that character be online or offline, and upon logging in, that character can then respond to the guild invite.

I even created my own thread a long time ago about standing invitations, where players could not only invite themselves, which is what is being asked for here, but their offline friends. If you only ask for self-invites, people would raise holy hell that the system should also be available to invite their offline buddies, not just alts of people (or themselves) already in the guild.

Since then, I changed my mind about having standing invitations at all, because with such a system, I can just imagine the amount of unsolicited offline guild invites my unguilded toons would get from people who make a habit of cold inviting people. I'd log in expecting to see the offline standing invitation from my friend, and boom, have to click away ten invites for the one I was waiting for.

Standing invitations as a feature would need to include yet another preference so that people could not only disregard online invites, but offline as well, and --- very importantly --- make them separate options. Without such a safeguard, I remain totally against the idea.

Don't ask for standing invitations without also coupling the idea with being able to disregard offline invites.

its been ask all 4 years ago to chance the guild system for creating and inviting.

and back then most off then hate it the only reason was back then was that you only get more and more solo guilds in the game will it was a team based game back then.

and also back then in the old day's the only reason most off the players only wane have a solo guild was about that the guild cargo bay was the only cargo bay that got a credit bank and that was a big point for most players that hate it back then that a guild cargo bay was become a credit bank only.

and i know some gone tell use the Legacy cargo bay now back then 4 years ago only the guild cargo bay got a credit bank option the Legacy cargo bay was only for sharing items back then not for credits also with your alt's

here is the old threat: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=798898