How can you raid hardcore without recount?

Unchainedboar

if the fights are truely challanging then i need a way to make sure im doing optimal dps and not holding my group back, if the fights are easy enough that optimal dps doesnt matter then does hardcore raiding just not have a place in this game?

im just trying to figure out if this game has what im looking for, ive always really enjoyed hardcore raiding but after 7 years of wow im so bored of that game i dont think if they made the best raid they ever had it would save that game for me. But even though this game feels fresh as soon as i set foot in a flashpoint/operation i feel helpless not having any way to improve my rotation/dps.

if any other hardcore raiders have an opinion id love to hear it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You do it the way real gamer, real hardcore players do it, without.

You learn your class, you learn the encounters and you don't rely on a little meter patting you on the back.

You learn to play the game.

Worked quite well for many games for may years; no reason it won't work now. And if you DO - you will truly be hardcore.

You can't. Some people will say you can. They are wrong. Some people will not understand that recount is a stand in word for "ability to analyse comparative data". They are silly.

/thread

Which is not necessary to raid, nor to be competent at it.

addons will be coming dont worry my friend and recount is not the "biggest" addon id be looking for more like something like DBM, grid2, clique. when i was in end level US 40 guild on wow i rarely even used recount tbh. its nice but not a real necessary thing in this game. bads usually show there faces long before you see them on recount. and if you cant weed most of them out before they app (gems,gear,spec,) for a trial then you have bigger issues. Edited by XfunkymusicX

You learn your class, you learn the encounters and you don't rely on a little meter patting you on the back.

Worked quite well for many games for may years; no reason it won't work now. And if you DO - you will truly be hardcore.

idc about calling myself hardcore or w/e i just like to play as well as i can and if i cant tell how much dps im doing how do i ever get any better?

I bow to your aura of superiority. You don't need proof. You just KNOW you're the best!

Or: How can you raid hardcore WITH recount for that matter? If you're really so hardcore, you'll manage to do the content just fine with a very bare user interface and won't need any tools to simplify your tasks. Just ask any raider who raided some years before you did already. They managed just fine.

addons will be coming dont worry my friend and recount is not the "biggest" addon id be looking for more like something like DBM, grid2, clique. when i was in end level US 40 guild on wow i rarely even used recount tbh. its nice but not a real necessary thing in this game. bads usually show there faces long before you see them on recount. and if you cant weed them out before the app (gems,gear,spec,) for a trial then you have bigger issues.

im not looking for recount to weed anyone out, i want it so i can improve my own dps, i cant tell that enless i have some way to compare numbers of certain specs to others.

/sigh

I remember a day when hardcore meant you knew how to play your class, not how to read some numbers some app throws on a screen. You had to sit back and do real math to calculate it all out cause it wasn't given to you in a handy tool tip

If today's generation of "Hardcore" players had a chance to go back in time to when MMO's were hard they would suddenly understand that they aren't even close to all that.

/sigh

I remember a day when hardcore meant you knew how to play your class, not how to read some numbers some app throws on a screen. You had to sit back and do real math to calculate it all out cause it wasn't given to you in a handy tool tip

If today's generation of "Hardcore" players had a chance to go back in time to when MMO's were hard they would suddenly understand that they aren't even close to all that.

thats because when i started in wow my rotation was frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt

you get the point, there wasnt much calculating to be done to be better, when you have 10+ abilities that have a potential to be part of a rotation you need something to find the optimal order and priority of these abilities.

You can't. Some people will say you can. They are wrong. Some people will not understand that recount is a stand in word for "ability to analyse comparative data". They are silly.

/thread

Zomg guess what? People raided really hard stuff before meters!

/sigh

I've met cream puffs more hardcore than 99% of todays MMO players.

You don't need recount to raid successfuly.

Combat logs and parsing for after-raid analysis is being added. That will help players who choose to utilize it improve their performance for their next raid.

In game damage meters have nothing to do with it. :p And I read in the QA today that improving the base UI is of more priority than opening the API for player made addons, so I don't expect we will see an in game damage meter any time soon.

Yay for combat logs and parsing! :)

Edited by qqemokitty

/sigh

/quote im not looking for recount to weed anyone out, i want it so i can improve my own dps, i cant tell that enless i have some way to compare numbers of certain specs to others. /quote

solution: just wait for some nerd to create a Elitist Jerks page. copy all they say=win. there i took the lazy way out of this thread.

Edited by XfunkymusicX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.