Renown Feels Broken

vemerce

I feel that Renown takes too long to gain a level and the rewards are very poor. I dont even know what Renown is used for....

It's supposed to be a supplementary system to normal gearing, but, as it happens, it's not even working in a supplementary manner with how difficult it is to go up 1 Renown level. Galactic Command handled Rank progression much better than Renown does.

When I came back 3 months ago, the Commander level system helped me gear up so I could raid with my guild. I have not gotten ANYTHING worth keeping from renown. It may as well not exist, it's just taking up room in my inventory. If I err, I might have gotten one thing, one time. Maybe. But it is so rare, as to be not worth notice.

Renown? Why? Why bother?

So many of these changes in 6.0 seem to be a real waste of time. Anyone ever heard the saying "if it isn't broken, don't fix it? Well, I believe the devs need this written on their walls. And if it IS broken, don't TELL US you are fixing it, and then fail to do anything. And then repeat the same fix in the next patch notes. God help me if you guys nerfed slicing (grade 11) again in 6.0.1 after the really hard nerf 75% if 6.0.a

I have a real question. Who is working on this game? Where are they getting their direction from? Are you just using temps or something?

I have to to agree with the OP...

it most certainly does FEEL broken.

yes, I'm fully aware that it's supposed to be "supplementary" and that it's "Working as intended".... neither of those facts changes the first.

it's not just that it's slow (takes much more XP than command did), or that it has very little in it (compared to command)... it's not even about how annoyed I am that they nuked the bonuses I worked for (Commanding Legacy) and paid for (1 mil credits each toon for extra slots).... heck it's not even that they further paywalled XP boosts.....

... nope, it's that it's so far proven almost entirely useless... with anything useful dropping from it being rarer than hens teeth.....

My highly sarcastic experience with renown crates so far:

oh yay, another crate with a mod and static gear piece in it that is at or below my gear rating.... oon tenth crate, I got a gold armor shell with the same slot and set bonus no one wants... what wonders will be in the next crate!