Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How do you gear up at level 70? (And Makeb's space station Command Tier 1 vendors)

ytrenor

If you are level capped at 70, best source of gear is solo / tactical FPs as they drop 252 / 258 items.

The 258 items are actually dropping as bind on equip, so you can also find them on the GTN (though many are posted at seriously high prices).

If not level capped - then as others said, play whatever, use whatever drops, use the mods vendor on Fleet to fill in, but worrying about gear prior to 75 is rather pointless.

Because they sell at some seriously high prices. It totally amazes me that people are willing to pay such high prices for something that’s only useful for one lvl in onslaught and only on one Alt.

I made 20mil selling 3 x 258 items the other day in the space of a few hours. And I will keep listing them high while ever people are willing to spend the credits,

Yep, Ossus gear was also supposed to be purchasable with credits. But they either forgot to do it or they never intended too, but told us they were? Are we surprised in this day and age when companies tell us something they are going to do, while they have no intention of doing it.

I'm probably a naive sap, but I was a little surprised :D I'd already finished Ossus pre-patch and after experiencing the joys of Onderon with my gunslinger, I swore there was no way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks I was going to run Onslaught on a 246-geared tank juggy instead of a DPS toon. I figured I'd be shelling out 3-10 million per piece, but whatever.

Nope. Ended up buying a bunch of way overpriced 228s from the GTN and running Onderon and the Corellia flashpoint undergeared since everyone else had snapped up every last higher-rated piece. And because 268 gear containers only gave me clicky relics *sigh*

Gearing at level 70's a huge mess if you didn't get in to the GC vendors before the update.

Edited by JainiaDral

Em, the same way as always? You go to the fleet Supply Section and buy mods appropriate for your level. They added level 70 mod vendor. Then, for the remaining 5 levels you just run Tacticals which starting from level 70 are dropping random gear from Ossus.

The new "level 70" vendors sell 220 gear. Fortunately I had a ton of 252 gear that I put into my DvL armor and am sharing among my alts as they level, have also started getting a smattering of 258 gear to go with it. This is going to create a huge gap in gear for those between 70-75, especially for those just starting out.

The new "level 70" vendors sell 220 gear. Fortunately I had a ton of 252 gear that I put into my DvL armor and am sharing among my alts as they level, have also started getting a smattering of 258 gear to go with it. This is going to create a huge gap in gear for those between 70-75, especially for those just starting out.

My advice was meant for new players, who weren't here during Galactic Command and Ossus. They wouldn't have any 250+ gear, would they?

Also any gearing done during 70-75 is prettty much irrelevant. You just do a bunch of FP to level up fast, get a few random pieces of 252 or 258 and then you hit 75 and the endgame gearing begins. Or you do Onslaught instead and arrive at 268.

Seriously, stop caring so much about gearing before 75.

Edited by Gelious

The implication of your so called answer is to grind XP until we reach level 75. This is NOT about maxing up level. Read the question, or avoid clicking Reply. Forums basics. Thanks anyway.

This is NOT about reaching max level of 75. This is the opposite of it. You lvl up so tremendously fast this days i don't really understand why this question was asked in the first place.

Yes, this is answer for your question. Once you reached lvl 75, you do Flashpoints and OPSes. A LOT OF THEM.

Read and understand the answers to your question or avoid clicking Reply. Logic basics. You're welcome.

Yes, this is answer for your question. Once you reached lvl 75, you do Flashpoints and OPSes. A LOT OF THEM.

Read and understand the answers to your question or avoid clicking Reply. Logic basics. You're welcome.

Except OP very specifically asked about gearing BEFORE 75 level. While you are telling him about gearing AFTER 75 level.

Maybe you are the one who need to read and understand the question before clicking Reply.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.