Extreme Latency on Tulak Hord

jaocxxx

For about two weeks now, many players on tulak hord have been experiencing extreme latency issues every day. This was annoying, but acceptable at first, but since the update launched, I personally get regularly disconnected at latency of up to 320k during a bossfight as of today. This is no longer tolerable. Please fix this, Bioware.

There are multiple paths that are taken before you even get to their servers and the latency can occur at anytime between your ISP and their servers. If it's something in between there is nothing Bioware can do to fix it.

Best way to figure out where the issue is by running a patch trace through ping plotter or something similar to see where the latency is occurring at. You'd have to run it for at least 10 minutes or so to get a good amount of data to see where the issue is at.

If you want to see where the problem is then you can do the following with pingplotter to see where the issue is at. The program is free to use but without it there is no way to determine if its on BW end or not.

Download Pingplotter at http://www.pingplotter.com

Install it so you can look at the hops to the server

To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.

Now run command prompt in Administrator mode

(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.

Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

(I usually have the netstat command saved in a txt file for notepad and just copy and paste it into the command prompt)

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.65.233 or 159.153.65.232

But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.65.235

This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.

You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.

There are multiple paths that are taken before you even get to their servers and the latency can occur at anytime between your ISP and their servers. If it's something in between there is nothing Bioware can do to fix it.

Thats complete bullsht. Its weird that ONLY Bioware has that issue, ofc they can fix it but they DONT EVEN CARE about their playerbase anymore. The "route" you posted is completely useless since it will NEVER fix any issue. Stop making those posts when your stuff is useless af. Thanks.

I had no issues for years... i simply do not understand what they messed up with the patch....

i mean EU Servers are in Ireland since release... never had any issues but since this patch my game is freezing constantly up to 10s

from 30ms to 10k ms over and over again....

if it is a problem with routing i would have had problems like this in the past but i had not any problems until now....

Edited by Tharianus