KoEE Walker Missions Broken after 6.0

resketh

• 8 months later...
I’m stuck on Voss in KOTET chapter 1. It’s been almost a year since this thread was posted and they haven’t done ANYTHING. I’m not sure what to do, because I can’t progress and I’m not sure of how to contact someone who can fix this. Some help would be great!

I did it literally two days ago. Three months ago I did on another character, without problems. The missions aren't broken, they're slightly more difficult. If you're on vet, go to story.

I seem to remember that the stats of the walker were directly influenced by the quality of your own gear.

I don't think it's good that story mode players are having issues beating it, but has anyone done any testing lately on gear influencing walker stats? If they still do, while not being optimal at least you might be able to clear it.

It would of been a much more fun mission if Lana or Theron, or Blizz piloted the walker, and you followed along for the cleanup, and had to defend it's legs or something.

I’m stuck on Voss in KOTET chapter 1. It’s been almost a year since this thread was posted and they haven’t done ANYTHING. I’m not sure what to do, because I can’t progress and I’m not sure of how to contact someone who can fix this. Some help would be great!

It's not broken it's still very doable. I did it not that long ago. Stomp is key and try to avoid the straight path. Use the heal sections too. It is a little frustrating as you will die a few times but it's very completable.

I did the chapters (KOTET 1 and 8) about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I had another character purchase the three Iokath buff items, Modified Iokath ____ Cell for Walkers, and used them during the encounters in Chapter 8. They definitely help, but they are not necessary.

There is currently a bug affecting the player walker in at least chapter 8 where the enemy's use of abilities is triggering the cooldown of the player abilities.

But I think I know where the issue lies for all the walker content.

Just did the Showdown on Iokath mission this afternoon. I had the three buff items you can purchase for Iokath power shards. I was able to take down two Sentinels before dying to the third with the third being less than 15% health. I respawned as a walker, with the buffs still present, and had enough time to heal to about 50% before the third Sentinel aggro'ed me.

When I first ventured out onto the Iokath expanse, I noticed that I could take the Iokath weekly and several weekly missions as well, even though I hadn't actually done the story. So, since the "Defeat 40 enemies as a walker" [DAILY] was available I decided to pick that up, and I had the mission active during the assault on the opposite faction base. This was immediately before you encounter the opposite faction leader, using the engineered back-door throne into the Machine Gods Superweapon Control, that ultimately becomes that leader's grave.

During my encounters with the opposite faction mobs, I took very little damage but also dished out very little in return. The basic attack took several hits to destroy the "weak"-designated power cells. Battle against the two gold enemy walkers was painfully slower than I recall. But most importantly those "weak" enemies were able to be destroyed in one shot from the basic attack before 6.x. It took every bit of 15 minutes to clear the battlefield of all npcs. That's significantly longer than pre-6.0. I was in no danger of dying, at least with that part of the mission.

This leads me to conclude that the biggest problem is with the weapon damage scaling. As I managed to take out two sentinels before dying and most of the third, I think the health of the walkers is probably reasonably scaled. It could always do with a few more points, but damage output is way too low at the present time, and that's while using the 20% white-quality (Outsider rank required) Modified Iokath Weapons Cell for Walkers. There's no doubt in my mind that if base damage output was boosted I would have concluded the encounter without dying.

Given that the modified cell is already boosting damage by 20%, I think the base damage of the walkers has got to be improved by at least 20% from what it is now. It will still be tricky to complete the mission without the modified cell buff items, but it won't be the roadblock that it is currently.

I did the showdown on iokath mission today. tbh after all the buildup in these comments, i was expecting it to be really tough. But I was lazy and forgot to buy any of the walker buffs phalczen mentioned, and just winged it.

And you know what? It was slightly more difficult than the last seven times I've done it. Difficult might be the wrong word. It was slower going through the mobs to get to the sentinels, certainly. The sentinels themselves were pretty much the same. Kill two, die, respawn and kill the other one.

Want a tip? Use <stomp> . Respawn near the door behind the last sentinel. Oh and don't stand in red circles. We needed three threads to explain this? I also did the walker missions for kotet 1, 5 and 8 over the past week and had no problems with any of them. And I don't consider myself a particularly good player; I can't even pass Eternal Championship without help.

Edited by Ardrossan

I'm going to wax philosophic a bit here, rather than complain. Clearly these are passable missions at present. At the same time, they are not as straightforward as they were in 5.0. Logically, the scaling has to be off, since now players are level 75.

It is my recollection that players never felt like there was a roadblock on these missions prior to 6.0. They may not have a been a fan of the style, but there wasn't a roadblock.

I also think, based on the story lead up to that point, there is an assumption that you will be nigh invincible in this thing. At least, that's the impression you get for Showdown on Iokath ... a top of the line assault walker upgraded with Iokath weaponry, you should feel pretty powerful. But I think an argument can be made that you should feel pretty powerful in the walkers in the KOTET chapters too.

Unlike Chapters, there aren't three difficulty levels for "The Forgotten World," so in order to keep with the general previously stated dev philosophy of, "players should never be stuck and unable to progress through the core story," the missions should be relatively straightforward. Now, it is a capstone mission ... much like, say, fights with Syo Bakarn, the Voidwolf, Darth Baras, Darth Thanaton, Arcann, Valkorion. Challenge shouldn't be unexpected.

But tedium is not a substitute for challenge, and I think I've laid out a decent case identifying the specific deficit post 6.0. There is no reason, lore-wise, it should take a walker more time to kill a weak target (the power cells) than it takes me swinging my lightsaber. Obviously, the acknowledged bug about cooldowns needs to be fixed. I can't say I noticed that the bug was occurring when I was fighting the Sentinels, but if the bug is in play in one part of the story, its certainly at risk for appearing in another. One change, to base unbuffed walker damage output, for all walker encounters (KOTET 1, KOTET 8, Showdown on Iokath) would make the mission leg less tedious, and yet still a bit of a challenge.

Edited by phalczen

But tedium is not a substitute for challenge, and I think I've laid out a decent case identifying the specific deficit post 6.0. There is no reason, lore-wise, it should take a walker more time to kill a weak target (the power cells) than it takes me swinging my lightsaber.

I agree, just baffled that people are finding it challenging. They aren't broken the way the turret mission on Dantooine was broken. That was nigh-impossible to complete for almost everyone iirc. It's a boring slog and it's become even more of a boring slog, but that's about it. Thankfully, this is the last char I needed to level through Iokath. As for tedium...idk, I think the ship has sailed long ago on that one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.