Anyone else think Nautolan’s female model is ugly?

ptsdgirl

My JC is one planet away from meeting Iresso, I'm very curious to see how the romantic scenes/kissing scenes look with one.

I can tell you how it will look. Your JC will kiss the lieutenant with open eyes like a statue (because there is no animation of the eyes), smiling vilely. (because, all their facial animations are disgusting and creepy)

My JC is one planet away from meeting Iresso, I'm very curious to see how the romantic scenes/kissing scenes look with one.

The heads are misaligned; spesifically, the lips miss their target. Noticed with JK kissing the matriarch chick on Tython.

Edited by Pscyon

On all my countless JCs I romanced Iresso only ones (just to see), I think of him as the least attractive companion out of all on every class. And still I think he does not deserve such fate!

I can tell you how it will look. Your JC will kiss the lieutenant with open eyes like a statue (because there is no animation of the eyes), smiling vilely. (because, all their facial animations are disgusting and creepy)

No way!!! Ewww

There are lots of ugly human faces but obviously a few classically smooth and pretty/handsome/heroic faces for both genders but it doesn't seem to be the case for nautolans. There is one acceptable head for males and I'm not crazy about it and none for the females in my opinion. But I am in the same boat with male twi'leks. Three heads with different normal maps and they are all bad.

Beyond aesthetics, which are subjective, the heads are broken. They are either not rigged properly or they simply don't use animations that other species, and even the NPC version of the species, do. They don't even blink....EVER. They look like Halloween masks.

One last thing is that the head shape doesn't really change at all when this body shape changes. A BT3-4 male has a tiny pin head and it looks ridiculous.

It's all just sloppy and disappointing and kinda gross that they would sell the unlock for money when they are clearly unfinished. Why would you want to play as a character that is incapable of making facial expressions or performing necessary biological functions like shutting their eyes once in a while.

One last thing is that the head shape doesn't really change at all when this body shape changes. A BT3-4 male has a tiny pin head and it looks ridiculous.

well ****, thats dissapointing. I was hoping to make a body 3 female Nautolan's . But if that's how it is, I'll just wait (If they ever fix them that is) . :rolleyes:

They don't even blink....EVER. They look like Halloween masks.

That's because they aren't supposed to blink. It's their physical feature.

Check out octopuses, from which Nautolans are inspired.

By the way, about physical features.

I have to wonder why Nautolan females have breasts? They are egg-laying species, lol.

Edited by unibim

I feel like all the issues with Nautolans could have been easily solved if ya know, the devs asked for player feedback before they were released???

I remember making a fairly nice looking Nautolan when they got accidentally added onto the ptr, but now I'm finding it really hard making something I can stand to look at sadly...

I'd love to be able to make a character that looks like the Nautolan you find on Coruscant as part of that quest to track a male Nautolans' lover. They looked fairly nice.

By the way, about physical features.

I have to wonder why Nautolan females have breasts? They are egg-laying species, lol.

Where did you get this nonsense? That they are not supposed to blink physiologically? Look at the NPCs of this race, they blink! Kit Fisto also has eye animation in the animated film. Living on the surface of the mucous membrane of the eyes should be moistened. Since NPCs have eye animation, then game characters must have!

Yes, the eyelids of Nautolan were really rarely used in physiology, but they were still used! And in cutscenes it looks creepy when they don't blink at all. Especially in love scenes with characters.

Edited by Limonella

Where did you get this nonsense? That they are not supposed to blink physiologically? Living on the surface of the mucous membrane of the eyes should be moistened.

Snakes exist. Who says they (nauts) can't have same biology of eyes?

Kit Fisto also has eye animation in the animated film.

It's a well known production error.

Look at the NPCs of this race, they blink!

Yea, and they shouldn't. It's annoying.

Snakes exist. Who says they (nauts) can't have same biology of eyes?

It's a well known production error.

Yea, and they shouldn't. It's annoying.

Read carefully about their physiology. They can use the eyelids, they just do it rarely, but they can. It probably only annoys you that they blink. The game should be so that it looks normal and not creepy. The correspondence of the NPC and game characters in the animation should be present.

I guess it's only the females that look bad, because I just created a male nautolan and he looked fantastic. Haven't tried the females. The only flaw... You know that permanent smile people have been complaining about? Well when you use the species special ability, he smiles and gives two thumbs up. Which is great. But then the smile stays, probably forever. Edited by BelorfinSiana

They absolutely blink. What's the use of eyelids otherwise?

See for yourself

And just because the wookiepedia LEGENDS article says they RARELY blink, any legends author can write whatever the hell they want about the species until is confirmed in canon which it isn't... They are fictional aliens. No biological argument is going prove your point that they shouldn't. Their entire biology is fantasy loosely based on how science works in our galaxy which doesn't have space magic.

Edited by ForjKlahaa

Though technically not a misspelling unless you prefer the latin plural form of octopi, it made me wonder if anyone was inspired to name their female character, Octavia Smythe, yet. :D

They absolutely blink. What's the use of eyelids otherwise?

See for yourself

And just because the wookiepedia LEGENDS article says they RARELY blink, any legends author can write whatever the hell they want about the species until is confirmed in canon which it isn't... They are fictional aliens. No biological argument is going prove your point that they shouldn't. Their entire biology is fantasy loosely based on how science works in our galaxy which doesn't have space magic.

they do . The Intro of Onslaught on the repb, the 1st thing you see is a Nautolan that blink lolol :D

I guess it's only the females that look bad, because I just created a male nautolan and he looked fantastic. Haven't tried the females. The only flaw... You know that permanent smile people have been complaining about? Well when you use the species special ability, he smiles and gives two thumbs up. Which is great. But then the smile stays, probably forever.

Omg!!! I am laughing so hard right now!! I’m sorry, I think I have to make one just to see this bahahaha

Finally got around to...check out the Nautolan for myself and I gotta say ''EWWWW NO WAY JOSÉ!'' lol

1- Changing Body 1, 2, 3 and 4 doesn't seem to change squat.

2- Whats with that brown filter on the face ?

3- Nautolan seem to get new scars ? But that brown crap ruin it :rolleyes:

4- 75 HEADS but 4 x75 Tentacles . Unless my eyesigh is going blind, didn't see that much difference (misleading much)

5- The eyes texture is weird.....

Here the best I could make..and that brown crap is annoying meh lol

Link: https://imgur.com/qYdkyQw

I think I'll pass, until and IF they ever bother fix this joke of ''New Race'' .

Yes the Togruta clip, yes the cathar don't have much . But I still can make a sexy one to play.

That..is a nightmare . I don't know if the windshield they got smashed trough is hurt...but that Mouth tell a story! :p

I did my best, I think in some cases they can be cute but it takes work and honestly it's probably just a matter of preference. I think BioWare did an amazing job on them, personally, there are a lot of options and I love that they got creative with the tentacles and it isn't exactly a species that is known for conventional beauty but I would have liked some make up options. But yeah...idk here's what mine looks like lol.

https://imgur.com/K7NB2HW

Edited by Jesira

I did my best, I think in some cases they can be cute but it takes work and honestly it's probably just a matter of preference. I think BioWare did an amazing job on them, personally, there are a lot of options and I love that they got creative with the tentacles and it isn't exactly a species that is known for conventional beauty but I would have liked some make up options. But yeah...idk here's what mine looks like lol.

I think this is pretty good tbh!

I think she looks pretty good.

This is mine