Stronghold Invite Ability Removed Why?

AscendingSky

I heard about this issue a little while ago, and I have tested this in game and have confirmed it. You can no longer invite someone to your own personal or guild strongholds (or any strongholds of other players you have a silver key for) if they do not already have a key. The Invite button still exists in the Stronghold Interface, and it will allow you to send an invite to another player, and they can accept it. However, instead of being transported to the stronghold after accepting the invite, you get this message:

https://i.imgur.com/RRXrhao.png

Why would you take this ability away, EA? What's the point of having silver keys at all anymore if you can't invite other players? This will also make it so guild strongholds will now be completely inaccessible to anyone not already in that guild (since you can't give out keys to guild strongholds). What possible purpose would this serve? Please don't tell me you're going to sell an unlock for Cartel Coins for inviting people to strongholds like you're now selling one to let people modify their gear on the fly?

I'm hoping this is actually a bug, but that in-game message makes me think otherwise. I will be keeping my fingers crossed though!

Edited by AscendingSky

I just invited someone to my Rishi SH last night.. it's almost definitely a bug of some sort unless something changed today with 6.0.

Perhaps you tried inviting someone that was in a phase? Has this happened more than once?

Or were you the invitee? Maybe they had you on the banned list for some reason?

Edited by red_onion

I just invited someone to my Rishi SH last night.. it's almost definitely a bug of some sort unless something changed today with 6.0.

Perhaps you tried inviting someone that was in a phase? Has this happened more than once?

Or were you the invitee? Maybe they had you on the banned list for some reason?

I was the inviter, trying to invite other people to my personal stronghold, where they didn't have a key and they weren't on the ban list. We tried it with them in their own stronghold, and then with them on fleet, both times it didn't work. Other players in the RP community on Star Forge are reporting the same issue and are not happy about it. It's a big deal for us, considering we run plot and social RP events and now can't invite people to any of them. Keyrings are very small, it's impossible to have keys to every single one of your friends' strongholds.

I was the inviter, trying to invite other people to my personal stronghold, where they didn't have a key and they weren't on the ban list. We tried it with them in their own stronghold, and then with them on fleet, both times it didn't work. Other players in the RP community on Star Forge are reporting the same issue and are not happy about it. It's a big deal for us, considering we run plot and social RP events and now can't invite people to any of them. Keyrings are very small, it's impossible to have keys to every single one of your friends' strongholds.

Well sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed then.

Add it to the growing list in the bug reports section. Bioware already had their own list of known bugs and issues before they made the expansion live. Seems like a really ****** way to release content.

Yeah, I made a post on the player-compiled list of 6.0 bugs about it, in case it is in fact a bug and not some new "perk" that they're going to have us purchase.

Yeah, I made a post on the player-compiled list of 6.0 bugs about it, in case it is in fact a bug and not some new "perk" that they're going to have us purchase.

Yeah, like that pic you linked about needing to pay to remove mods etc while not at the augment table. Bioware are just getting greedy.

Do remember all the stuff subscribers got years ago. Most of that now requires us to pay to us it, the same as free to play or preferred people do.

Over the years they have been steadily stripping away the subscriber benefits. This is just another example of greed.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah, like that pic you linked about needing to pay to remove mods etc while not at the augment table. Bioware are just getting greedy.

Do remember all the stuff subscribers got years ago. Most of that now requires us to pay to us it, the same as free to play or preferred people do.

Over the years they have been steadily stripping away the subscriber benefits. This is just another example of greed.

I really, really want to believe the issue with stronghold invites is in fact a bug, because that means it can be fixed. The lack of acknowledgment from any yellow posts so far makes me not optimistic though.

A number of people in the RP community who run events in strongholds (including myself) are not happy campers right now. All the server merges and EA's lack of caring about players being harassed in-game has moved most remaining organized RP into private SHs. If we can't invite people into those strongholds anymore for events or guild recruitment, it may well end up the final nail in the coffin that kills off what RP community remains for good.

Can confirm it too, and it is extremely bothersome. The no permission prompt only appears if you don't have a key to the SH, even though you were just invited and not on the banlist.

Exactly! The options to send an invite and accept an invite are still there, but it never works! And you can't invite anyone to your stronghold who already has a key, you get an error message yourself notifying you they have a key, so it's ridiculous either way!

EA's silence on this issue is positively deafening. RP is the only thing keeping me subscribed to this game. If they kill off the RP community by not addressing this bug, I have no reason to keep giving them money.

Edited by AscendingSky

When was it free to remove mods?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.