(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

The most variation was in the class stories, I agree, but Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan still created the illusion - from my perspective at least - that there was variation. Like those little class missions you got on Rishi, that still made me feel that playing SoR as a Sith Warrior was different than when playing it as a Smuggler. And in both the Makeb and Revan expansions you had a lot of references to your class, so when you played it as the Sith Inquisitor you felt like Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius and when you played it as a Jedi Knight you felt like the Jedi Battlemaster. In KotFE and KotET even that was gone it was all "Outlander blah blah Outlander that blah blah, Alliance Commander this blah blah, Commander that blah blah". It was all the same, no matter if you were a Sith Inquisitor or a Trooper, you were treated exactly the same way, which not only detracts from credibility but also made the story seem like a grey, formless blob no matter who you played it as.

Yes but you forget the mission that make reference to your class like the trooper gets mentioned by the new havok squad or Satele mentioning you being the strongest jedi if you played an jedi knight and the new Mandalore referencing the BH or that crazy bald something mentioning your imperial agent. So at least it makes as good as Rise of the Hutt Cartels with that right?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but you forget the mission that make reference to your class like the trooper gets mentioned by the new havok squad or Satele mentioning you being the strongest jedi if you played an jedi knight and the new Mandalore referencing the BH or that crazy bald something mentioning your imperial agent. So at least it makes as good as Rise of the Hutt Cartels with that right?

No, absolutely not. The references you mentioned from KotFE and KotET are miniscule compared to the ones in RotHC or SoR. The references to your class in the latter two expansions are much more pronounced and seem to have more weight. In KotFE and KotET, when you get for example references as the Havok squad leader as a Trooper, it carries little to no weight or importance, it's just a throwaway line that you can even easily miss when not paying attention. Because in KotFEET you're just the Alliance Commander or Outlander, that has become your identity no matter which class you play. In RotHC and SoR, you kept your identity as Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius, the Emperor's Wrath, the Jedi Battlemaster or the Bar'senthor. That created the illusion that no matter what class you played, the story had a different perspective. This was absolutely not the case in KotFEET.

Edited by Ylliarus

No, absolutely not. The references you mentioned from KotFE and KotET are miniscule compared to the ones in RotHC or SoR. The references to your class in the latter two expansions are much more pronounced and seem to have more weight. In KotFE and KotET, when you get for example references as the Havok squad leader as a Trooper, it carries little to no weight or importance, it's just a throwaway line that you can even easily miss when not paying attention. Because in KotFEET you're just the Alliance Commander or Outlander, that has become your identity no matter which class you play. In RotHC and SoR, you kept your identity as Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius, the Emperor's Wrath, the Jedi Battlemaster or the Bar'senthor. That created the illusion that no matter what class you played, the story had a different perspective. This was absolutely not the case in KotFEET.

You are talking when npc in said expansions address you as wrath, Darth nox, champion and chypher 9 for IA?

You are talking when npc in said expansions address you as wrath, Darth nox, champion and chypher 9 for IA?

I am not sure what you mean, but what I am saying is, is that in KotFE and KotET you aren't being treated as your class, but you are treated as the same person regardless of whether you play it as a Sith Inquisitor or Smuggler. In Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Hutt Cartel, you do get strong references to your class. These strong references to your class are completely lacking in KotFE and KotET. Yes, there are small references to your class, but these are so small that they don't matter, because your entire class identity is swallowed up by the identity of the Alliance Commander, which is exactly the same in every single playthrough, no matter what class you play. That's why the Makeb and Revan expansions differ so fundamentally from KotFE and KotET in regard to story variation, in my opinion.

Edited by Ylliarus

I am not sure what you mean, but what I am saying is, is that in KotFE and KotET you aren't being treated as your class, but you are treated as the same person regardless of whether you play it as a Sith Inquisitor or Smuggler. In Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Hutt Cartel, you do get strong references to your class. These strong references to your class are completely lacking in KotFE and KotET. Yes, there are small references to your class, but these are so small that they don't matter, because your entire class identity is swalled up by the identity of the Alliance Commander, which is exactly the same in every single playthrought, no matter what class you play. That's why the Makeb and Revan expansions differ so fundamentally from KotFE and KotET in regard to story variation, in my opinion.

I do not get it how do you know the wrath is treated differently then the IA in Rise of the Hutt cartel except being addressed as the wrath? Give an example.

I do not get it how do you know the wrath is treated differently then the IA in Rise of the Hutt cartel except being addressed as the wrath? Give an example.

I know it because I played through it many times? :p look at the beginning of the expansion alone, the Warrior's introduction to Rise of the Hutt Cartel is completely different than the Agent's. The same goes for SoR, each class gets a different introduction to the story and on top of that, you have all those small class story missions on Rishi. Besides, when you play as a Sith Warrior, you are constantly referred to as "Lord Wrath" or "Emperor's Wrath" and so on, which is crucial in identity variation. When you play as an Imperial Agent, you are called "Commander" I believe, so there already is a difference in identity by the way you are addressed. In KotFE and KotET, no matter whether you are Warrior or Agent, you are called "Outlander" or "Commander", which introduces a complete lack of identity variation between the classes. Beyond that, your previous achievements from your class story are referencesd much more pronounced than in KotFE and KotET, which continues to create more identity variation, or at least, the illusion of it.

Edited by Ylliarus

I know it because I played through it many times? :p look at the beginning of the expansion alone, the Warrior's introduction to Rise of the Hutt Cartel is completely different than the Agent's. The same goes for SoR, each class gets a different introduction to the story and on top of that, you have all those small class story missions on Rishi. Besides, when you play as a Sith Warrior, you are constantly referred to as "Lord Wrath" or "Emperor's Wrath" and so on, which is crucial in identity variation. When you play as an Imperial Agent, you are called "Commander" I believe, so there already is a difference in identity by the way you are addressed. In KotFE and KotET, no matter whether you are Warrior or Agent, you are called "Outlander" or "Commander", which introduces a complete lack of identity variation between the classes. Beyond that, your previous achievements from your class story are referencesd much more pronounced than in KotFE and KotET, which continues to create more identity variation, or at least, the illusion of it.

As I suspected you mean in how they are addressed is the biggest variation as it reinforces their identity as whatever they are. If KOTFE an KOTET did that would it have made it better?

In Rise of The Hutt Cartel is the Jedi Consular addressed by his unique title that I can not even write?

Edited by adormitul

As I suspected you mean in how they are addressed is the biggest variation as it reinforces their identity as whatever they are. If KOTFE an KOTET did that would it have made it better?

In Rise of The Hutt Cartel is the Jedi Consular addressed by his unique title that I can not even write?

Yes, the Jedi Consular is referred to as the Barsen'thor.

No, it would not have made it better. Maybe it would have made KotFE and KotET slightly more tolerable, but those two expansions lacked so much more that all the other expansions and class stories did have. The lack of identity variation is only one of the many, many things that I hated about KotFEET. Yet one of the main things is that you had story variation in all the other content, but not in KotFE and KotET. Those two expansions feel exactly, identically the same every single time you play them, even if you play them with a different class or a different alignment. I honestly believe that KotFEET was the worst that could have happened to the story in SWTOR and its going to take a lot of story updates to undo the damage that those two expansions did to the narrative in this game. Onslaught however, is a huge step in the right direction, so there is hope for continued improvement.

Edited by Ylliarus

"How they are addressed" is in NO way the "biggest variation" between those xpacs. Literally half the dialogue in Hutt Cartel is different for different classes, it has the same general direction to it, of course, but I literally just played it yesterday as Wrath and the amount of times that fact is mentioned or I get a unique line because OF that fact is simply incomparable to KOTFE/ET. Pretty sure every one of those unique lines I heard would be unique on a different class for different reasons too. And the lines were more than "Ah hello Wrath..." etc. Such as EVERY time you speak to Darth Marr. He talks to you different depending on class, I remember distinctly that he treats a BH with a LOT more disdain than the other 3 imp classes for instance.

Playing SoR now and it hasn't got AS much major variance in the unique dialogues as Makeb did imo, but it's still absolute miles ahead of KOTFE/ET, and it has the completely class unique mission on Rishi to help out. You are lucky to hear a single unique or different line per chapter, and as has been said, it really hurts replayability bigtime.

And another thing, the conversation wheel in KOTFE/ET suffered massively from the 8 in 1 stuff. Think about it, in SoR/Makeb you pretty much always have a class response to every situation along with 2 generic responses that are available to all classes playing, in KOTFE/ET, that isn't the case. You have class based choices in conversation very very VERY seldom from my recollection. It's usually just 3 generic choices that any class can take. Only rare circumstances are different

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Whereas replaying it all as a Knight right now I feel like I've been recognized more and had more options in kotfe than rothc. RotHC barely seemed to recognize me as a jedi at all, but in kotfe I've had Battlemaster come up 2-3 times, people calling me Jedi a bunch (about as often as Outlander), Aric mentioning how I've killed the Emperor twice and my interaction with Satele being discussing our past. Thats in the first 12 chapters.

Maybe since you deal with Marr on the Imp side things were better in rothc, but on the Republic side it absolutely felt like the most generic expansion.

Whereas replaying it all as a Knight right now I feel like I've been recognized more and had more options in kotfe than rothc. RotHC barely seemed to recognize me as a jedi at all, but in kotfe I've had Battlemaster come up 2-3 times, people calling me Jedi a bunch (about as often as Outlander), Aric mentioning how I've killed the Emperor twice and my interaction with Satele being discussing our past. Thats in the first 12 chapters.

Maybe since you deal with Marr on the Imp side things were better in rothc, but on the Republic side it absolutely felt like the most generic expansion.

I agree with you on this.

I've enjoyed playing through KOTFE with my JK much more than RotHC.

Discarding Oricon as i've never been able to see the whole story, RotHC is by far my least favourite part of the story so far.

As for Aric, he even has a different reaction to meeting your BH depending on whether you killed Janarus or not.

Edited by Goreshaga

I agree with you on this.

I've enjoyed playing through KOTFE with my JK much more than RotHC.

Discarding Oricon as i've never been able to see the whole story, RotHC is by far my least favourite part of the story so far.

As for Aric, he even has a different reaction to meeting your BH depending on whether you killed Janarus or not.

ROTHC was my least favourite for a while, even after KOTFE dropped, I initially still disliked ROTHC more, but the weird thing is, it actually grew on me the more I replayed it, whereas KOTFE had the exact opposite effect on me personally. Now KOTFE/ET are both equally my least favourite parts of the story

ROTHC was my least favourite for a while, even after KOTFE dropped, I initially still disliked ROTHC more, but the weird thing is, it actually grew on me the more I replayed it, whereas KOTFE had the exact opposite effect on me personally. Now KOTFE/ET are both equally my least favourite parts of the story

I dislike RotHC more and more every time i replay it, which is why i simply skip it on most of my characters (exception being my SI and his clones as i like the Cytharat bit, and my JK because i wanted to record her playthrough), especially since the Makeb storyline is mostly irrelevant for the rest of the story as nothing you do there has any significant impact on what happens later.

I may skipp KOTFEET on character i don't care about because the autochoices won't really affect said character, but the ones i actually care about, i'll play KOTFEET with to be able to make my own choices as they have direct impact on what happens then.

It wasn't so much the story that confused me, it was the disbelief in the explanations (I found myself saying "yeah, I'm not having that" far too often). Also, going from chapter style to flashpoint had me confused I was: "am I in a flashpoint now?" because I'm so used to actually entering an "doorway" whereas in this story, I was just there. It was more like when you start the first chapter of KotET. There was a bit during the flashpoint part when it seemed you had to drop down from a dead end broken bridge to continue but Anri doesn't follow so I died trying to complete that bit. I had to dismiss and resummon her to get her to join me there (at the mechanical boss), then it was fine. There was also a bit of disbelief that Malgus got away from being crushed under half the ceiling by T'au. The whole Malgus ending thing was not very believable to me.

Nothing to do with the story but I really don't like Acina now. She had me wishing I had taken Jace's side and killed her back in Iokath on my Sith Inq.

It's not really flashpoint style - it's more a shortcut to get you to the place where you'd normally click on the NPC to start the initial cutscene. It's a bit like how Rishi starts. You can fly there in your ship, if you really want, travel by foot and speeder to the instance, and then click the NPC manually, if that's how you prefer to do it. In most of them, if you want, you can ESC out of that cut scene and it drops you back in the world where you're supposed to be.

I'm just glad that let us bring our friends into those instances like they do with KoTXX - I hate forced solo stuff like the forced solo flashpoints all through the Theron stuff - Umbara, Copero, Nathema, I'm looking at you. I'm playing an MMO, I want to play with my friends, I want to help them with the combat, and I want to experience their story choices (as a spectator) in those flashpoints.

Responding to the conversations about Makeb, Revan, etc (too much to quote):

i think KOTXX represented the nadir of single-player storytelling in TOR. We went from 8 class stories to 2 faction stories down to 1 single story that basically removed every other class from the universe. In vanilla, you had a real sense that the protags of the other class stories were out there, doing their thing, affecting the universe that you lived in. The galaxy changed, based on their actions. For example, the BH's removal of Janarus affected the galaxy for every other class, whether they wanted it to or not. Never forget that the war was re-ignited in Chapter 3, purely on the basis of Hunter's actions in the IA mid-chapter interlude. I'm sure it required a significant amount of plot juggling to keep it all straight, and I tip my hat to the writers for doing so.

Then we had Makeb - We dropped from 8 class stories to 2 faction stories. You still had the sense that A. N. Member of the opposite faction was doing things while you were doing things, but there weren't 7 other classes out there all affecting your world. I suspect this was due to budgetary constraints. Making 2 stories with class flavor and tweaks is 4 times cheaper than making 8 completely unique stories. In fact, I suspect given the complexity of keeping 8 stories straight, it was probably more than 4 times cheaper.

Revan started out with as 2 faction-based stories, but very quickly showed us that that was a veneer over what was essentially just a single story. Mirror flashpoints, replaceable enemies, etc etc. Introducing Lana and Theron meant that they didn't have to write and record dialogue for 40 different companion characters for every NPC conversation. While I had a lot of fun in vanilla ESC-ing out, then switching different companions to see their various reactions to any given cut scene, it's a metric boatload of writing and recording, especially when you realize that you then have to do it all over again for each language you're localized in. That gets expensive. Fast.

Revan was the point where they started the autodialogue infection, too, where I lost control over every little thing that my character says. I still had control over a lot of the important parts, but a lot of it was taken away from me, and my character would speak lines without me being given a choice. For every choice they replace with autodialogue, it cuts their costs by a 1/3rd, because that's 2 other lines they don't need to write and record in multiple languages. (and differing NPC responses they have to write and record)

KoTXX dropped the pretense entirely. Now there's no more "other" class protagonists. The log entries very clearly state that all the other class protags "mysteriously vanished" at the start of the Eternal Empire's invasion. Prior to KoTXX, all those characters existed. The Champion of the Great Hunt, the Hero of Tython, Cypher 9, the Barsen'thor, Nox/Imperius, the Wrath, etc etc etc, there was exactly 1 of those in every "parallel reality" of TOR that existed, at least that's how it worked in my own headcanon.

But all of the ones that aren't the character that you happen to be playing - are NPCs. TOR is very much your story, and everyone else is an NPC in it. I could go on at length about the mental gymnastics required to hold multiple parallel realities in your head when you're grouped with other players, or when you're playing an alt, but I'm a roleplayer, we're used to that kind of stuff, haha. I'm sure other people who RP in TOR understand where I'm coming from.

And at the start of KoTXX, all those other NPCs mysteriously vanished. If you're playing an Agent, T4's profile clearly states that he traveled the galaxy with the hero of tython until said hero vanished at the start of the war. Boom, gone. It became a single player story and a single player universe. And more autodialogue. Of course writing 8 individual paths through the KoTXX story, each leading to the same conclusion of "Defeat Valkorian" would have been ... nightmareish, I think. In vanilla, each class contributed in its own way to the end of the war. KoTXX's story did not lend itself nearly as well to an 8-person (or even 4-person, faction based) collaborative end to Valkorian. One class would always have had to shine, being "the one" that actually ended him and while the JK was the one that killed Vitiate, it wasn't the war-ending masterstroke that hailed them as the super special chosen class that ended the war, rendering all the other classes as supporting roles. No, KoTXX was always a single player story, and removing the majority of class specific things saved them even more money (both on the player side and the NPC reactions side). Variations existed, but they were much reduced. IMO, the KotXX story has enough player choice that adding in class-based player choice as well, would have made the task gargantuan, and it already took too long for each chapter to come out. Player complaints about the speed are why we had abbreviated alliance alerts for people like Mako, Andronikus, etc.

Our second visit to Iokath started to open things up a bit again. We're still the "only" protagonist in the galaxy, but at least now the game is giving us some choices and recognizing our backgrounds, faction affiliation, that kind of thing. Thematically, it made sense. With the Eternal Empire no longer a threat, the Republic and the Empire can - as Vitiate said - go back to doing what they do best - Making war. Iokath felt like Revan or Oricon to me - Mirrored missions, replaceable enemies again. (And perhaps Oricon is the best analogy, because like Oricon, I have never seen the end of it, because I don't raid)

I don't know if we'll ever get back to 8 class stories, especially since all those other class protags have mysteriously vanished. If the PC was a Barsen'thor, they'd probably want to know what the celebrated Hero of Tython was doing during KotXX.

But right now, I'm very happy with the two faction stories, (four, if you count saboteur variants), and the way that each faction story feels different based on which class I happen to be playing. Vowran doesn't call my Agent "old friend". That's reserved for my Sith Warrior. (didn't stop my Warrior from killing him at the end, of course ;) )

And the game feels like TOR again to me. That makes me very happy. It's an indefinable thing, but I feel like they got it right this time around.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

I already posted my thoughts about Republic Onslaught here. I took one of my Assassins through Onslaught for the Empire side experience. I enjoyed the Republic story much more. For me, a big part is that I didn't like, or actively disliked, most of the Empire side characters. Except for Major Anri, who I think is all around awesome and the only bright spot in the Empire story.

My impression wasn't one of the Empire viewing the Alliance or the Commander as powerful allies. A big part of the problem is that the current Dark Council and Empress weren't impressive. I couldn't reconcile the commander of a still power alliance -- at least, still powerful enough to be courted by both the Republic and Empire -- doing most of the missions in Onslaught. Even when I chose convo selections pointing that out, they were disregarded. I was happy when my SI and Anathel started trash talking each other. I thought there would be an epic fight between them for the Dark Council seat. Nope. My SI throws some lightning in a cutscene and Anathel is dead. Darth Savik worked my last good nerve. If there was an option to kill her, I missed choosing it. If there wasn't an option for my SI to kill her, there should have been. The Onderon king ... just ugh. By the end, Acina seemed indifferent to my SI killing 3 of her people.

I was feeling surlier as the story progressed. Malgus telling my SI to not stir the pot with the Dark Council made me angry. I wanted my SI to fight him, too. Never got that option. Malgus' final scene was an eyebrow raiser for me, though. If Malgus seeks to overthrow Acina, I've got his back. Because for being the Empress, Acina didn't seem to have much control over, or awareness about the machinations of, the Dark Council members. And, honestly I still can't shake the feeling that allowing Malora to become a member of the Dark Council is reason enough to raze the place. Thank goodness for Anri. She is the best part of the Empire side of Onslaught.

I intended to leave the Allaince and re-join the Dark Council when I started Onslaught on my SI. By the end scene, I was fuming that I couldn't tear the place and its members down. Hopefully in future parts of the story Acina and company will demonstrate some redeeming characteristics. I got pretty tired of being mired in the conniving side of the Force.

I already posted my thoughts about Republic Onslaught here. I took one of my Assassins through Onslaught for the Empire side experience. I enjoyed the Republic story much more. For me, a big part is that I didn't like, or actively disliked, most of the Empire side characters. Except for Major Anri, who I think is all around awesome and the only bright spot in the Empire story.

My impression wasn't one of the Empire viewing the Alliance or the Commander as powerful allies. A big part of the problem is that the current Dark Council and Empress weren't impressive. I couldn't reconcile the commander of a still power alliance -- at least, still powerful enough to be courted by both the Republic and Empire -- doing most of the missions in Onslaught. Even when I chose convo selections pointing that out, they were disregarded. I was happy when my SI and Anathel started trash talking each other. I thought there would be an epic fight between them for the Dark Council seat. Nope. My SI throws some lightning in a cutscene and Anathel is dead. Darth Savik worked my last good nerve. If there was an option to kill her, I missed choosing it. If there wasn't an option for my SI to kill her, there should have been. The Onderon king ... just ugh. By the end, Acina seemed indifferent to my SI killing 3 of her people.

I was feeling surlier as the story progressed. Malgus telling my SI to not stir the pot with the Dark Council made me angry. I wanted my SI to fight him, too. Never got that option. Malgus' final scene was an eyebrow raiser for me, though. If Malgus seeks to overthrow Acina, I've got his back. Because for being the Empress, Acina didn't seem to have much control over, or awareness about the machinations of, the Dark Council members. And, honestly I still can't shake the feeling that allowing Malora to become a member of the Dark Council is reason enough to raze the place. Thank goodness for Anri. She is the best part of the Empire side of Onslaught.

I intended to leave the Allaince and re-join the Dark Council when I started Onslaught on my SI. By the end scene, I was fuming that I couldn't tear the place and its members down. Hopefully in future parts of the story Acina and company will demonstrate some redeeming characteristics. I got pretty tired of being mired in the conniving side of the Force.

There are ways to kill Savik, yes. And I agree on the Dark Council feeling underpowered and impotent, although I did like being able to toss Anathel aside like he was nothing, it's nice to see our toon portrayed as powerful inside cutscenes for once instead of being tossed around like a ragdoll by every force user in the galaxy. But they do need to show some power in the Council, and with Acina for that matter. Otherwise the whole organisation is just a joke. The only Council members I think are interesting are Vowrawn (Not Emperor for me, love how he's the last old school pre-class story council member left standing) and Darth Krovos seems like she could be a good character. Seems to be in Marrs old seat, based on her command of the military offensive on Correlia, that was Marrs usual job.

I wonder if the devs do not put themselves in trouble with keeping in mind who can be killed when continuing the story its starting to be an long list of people you have to be careful not to bring back to life by mistake for everybody or letting it be dead for everybody. I predict that at some point they will forget about an character that can be killed and make him be alive for everyone or dead without an explanation about why.

I got a feeling both Ossus and Onslaugh on Rep side were made with Force Users classes in mind. It felt natural and appropriate when I run my JK through them.

However when I first went through with my Commando, I caught myself constantly thinking "why would my char, a soldier with no Force who never interacted with Jedi during her class story would care about Jedi Order as well as Arn's and Tau personal Jedi troubles. That's not her area of expertise and she's not qualified to offer any advices or insights."

And then they send her to help rebuild the Order...

Edited by Gelious

I got a feeling both Ossus and Onslaugh on Rep side were made with Force Users classes in mind. It felt natural and appropriate when I run my JK through them.

However when I first went through with my Commando, I caught myself constantly thinking "why would my char, a soldier with no Force who never interacted with Jedi during her class story would care about Jedi Order as well as Arn's and Tau personal Jedi troubles. That's not her area of expertise and she's not qualified to offer any advices or insights."

And then they send her to help rebuild the Order...

Well, they do give you options to say you don't care about Jedi, or to stay silent during the Jedi parts. But ultimately, they're not asking a Knight, or a Consular, or a Trooper or a Smuggler - They're asking the Alliance Commander, whoever that happens to be.

It's not as if a Trooper or Smuggler doesn't have experience fighting Sith. All Republic characters fight a ton of Sith through the vanilla story, and you fight force users all over the galaxy after that. If you're pro-republic, helping the Jedi can only be a good thing. And if you're a saboteur, taking any opportunity to sabotage the Republic (by weakening the Jedi) is also a good thing.

I already posted my thoughts about Republic Onslaught here. By the end, Acina seemed indifferent to my SI killing 3 of her people..

Well Acina tells that Dark Council will do administrative work only, while everything military related will be moved to new Hand. So fate of councilors is hardly matter because they are no longer in charge of something important. I also think neither empress Acina nor empreror Vowrawn would live long enough. if empress was important for future story Bioware wouldn't let her die.

. I also think neither empress Acina nor empreror Vowrawn would live long enough. if empress was important for future story Bioware wouldn't let her die.

This actually makes sense, now that the Dark Malgus is free. He's likely to kill Acina/Vowrawn and end the branching of the story.

Pity. I like Acina.

Well Acina tells that Dark Council will do administrative work only, while everything military related will be moved to new Hand. So fate of councilors is hardly matter because they are no longer in charge of something important. I also think neither empress Acina nor empreror Vowrawn would live long enough. if empress was important for future story Bioware wouldn't let her die.

Really hope the writers leave Vowrawn alone. He's like literally the only character from the class stories who still appears regularly besides Malgus and to a lesser extent Jonas Balkar, feels nice having some established names around instead of Councils and military leadership filled with people you've never heard of, you'd think we'd have met most of the people experienced enough to currently be in the top brass back in our heyday. But then, I guess they already HAVE killed Vowrawn off now, sort of.