Best way to treat 6.0 when it goes live

xordevoreaux

I've told my guildies this before:

Whenever a profound change to the game comes out, such as a major release, just pretend you're a brand new player who has no idea what was involved in the changeover.

Just go around and say oh, look! There are God rays streaming through the windows onto the walls on Fleet!

Oh, look! This is how I get armor upgrades!

Not:

Oh, crap, now I gotta learn a whole gearing system.

It's the same with game updates as it is with any other change you experience, be it marriage, job, school, kids, whatever -- it's your attitude that you approach a situation that counts. I've gotten through 3,0, 4.0, and 5.0 now.

Still here.

I started SWTOR one day after 2.2 dropped. I'm 100% sure to have some choice posts about things when 6.0 goes live today, even for knowing beforehand how much of 6.0 will work for having gone off to the test server on a couple 6.x betas.

But I will get through 6.0 like I got through all other updates.

You can too.

If you start off fearful, you'll stay fearful.

If you are already disgusted with the idea that you can't do things as you always have, you'll stay disgusted.

If you decide that you're adaptable, versatile, and fluid enough to thrive in a changing environment, you'll thrive.

It's all about your attitude.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I've told my guildies this before:

Whenever a profound change to the game comes out, such as a major release, just pretend you're a brand new player who has no idea what was involved in the changeover.

Yea, the reason why I don't want to get involved in the PTS testing. It really spoil the element of surprise and anticipation. In fact open PTS without confidentiality is a bad idea because all the new things are leaked out ahead of launch. Imagine how it would be like when nobody (outside of the group of players testing on PTS who have signed an agreement of confidentiality not to reveal any content and info) knows what is in store for the new expansion. The atmosphere would be much much better and the excitement would be electrifying rather than the now occasional toxic complaints of what will befall us in the new patch ahead of time.

Yea, the reason why I don't want to get involved in the PTS testing. It really spoil the element of surprise and anticipation. In fact open PTS without confidentiality is a bad idea because all the new things are leaked out ahead of launch. Imagine how it would be like when nobody (outside of the group of players testing on PTS who have signed an agreement of confidentiality not to reveal any content and info) knows what is in store for the new expansion. The atmosphere would be much much better and the excitement would be electrifying rather than the now occasional toxic complaints of what will befall us in the new patch ahead of time.

Story elements, such as what are in the new Corellia flashpoint, were not included on PTS to avoid spoilers. We only got functionality, like gearing and crafting, and got to see Onderon, but no story. No major spoilers from PTS were there to give to anyone.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Some go for the storyline. Others focus more on the game play mechanics. I belong to the latter. I can say for myself, quite a bit of anticipation and surprise has been taken away from me before the launch. It does sapped a bit of that excited feeling of opening a present not knowing what actually is in it. As it is now, I already know a bit much what is in that present (For example, I know already that it is an electronic book reader of sort except that I don't know what storybook is pre-loaded inside it at the moment.) I rather have max anticipation not knowing at all what is inside the present.

I plan to play the new story and enjoy the new content.

After that, I intend to quit.

I just don't see anything in the changes that will hold my interest for any length of time given most of the development seemed to go into making the gearing system as convoluted and RNG driven as possible, yet mostly tied to grinding old recycled content.

Edited by DawnAskham

LoL, I can see so much of this happening in gen chat today, other than spoilers it won't bother me but as some players can not help but give out spoilers I will have gen chat switch off for the most part. May turn it back on if there something I need to do in game but don't understand what. I will ask info whispered rather than put in gen chat but if it does go to gen chat that's beyond my control. Hope I won't need help though, rarely do. Edited by DreadtechSavant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.