The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Only 3 weeks left to test 6.0

Banthabreeder

It’s called “Bioware Crunch”.

They’ll probably still be making changes on the 20-21st October.

I just hope they can get this next PTS build up fast and that they’ve listened “properly” to the feed back and taken bigger strides to changes, especially crafting and RNG vendor drops, Amplifier rerolls and costs.

I think balancing with the amount of gearing options and builds is a pipe dream. If they couldn’t balance 3 gear sets across the classes, what’s the chances they can balance the multiple mods, enhancements, Armor, hilts, barrels and amplifiers available on the gear. Then you need to add tactical’s and the many set bonus builds possible,

There is no hope of balance.

It’s called “Bioware Crunch”.

They’ll probably still be making changes on the 20-21st October.

I just hope they can get this next PTS build up fast and that they’ve listened “properly” to the feed back and taken bigger strides to changes, especially crafting and RNG vendor drops, Amplifier rerolls and costs.

I think balancing with the amount of gearing options and builds is a pipe dream. If they couldn’t balance 3 gear sets across the classes, what’s the chances they can balance the multiple mods, enhancements, Armor, hilts, barrels and amplifiers available on the gear. Then you need to add tactical’s and the many set bonus builds possible,

There is no hope of balance.

I think you hit the nail on the head and like you, I hope they are listening to the feedback because the changes to crafting and gearing aren't good by a long shot. Nothing I'm seeing is going to truly help me play my way as they claimed, but no surprise their is just new grind. I don't know why they think they can balance all these new gears when balancing has been a problem since the game launched. Either way, I'm not holding my breath for any huge changes and yes I will continue to play the game.

I think we'll see a few tweaks that improve it a little and then like with Knights of the Fallen Empire they will spend the next few months making changes to make the new systems mediocre at best. Honestly, they spend a lot of time reinventing the gearing system in this game, I feel like it's every 2 to 3 years anymore. I just wish they leave it alone and instead focus that development time on something else.