The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New PTS Refresh 26/9/2019 Feedback

Ronyrone

This newest pts refresh has been a refresh that I've been looking forward to seeing since they released the refresh notes. A good amount of the changes I believe should have been apart of the implementation from the very start. As each of the new refreshes fix/change to the Duxn encounters and more people clear the encounters don't come back to pts making it harder for me to pug into one and test new changes. So I have not been able to see the new changes to the encounters and see if gear drops.

Vendors Gear and Prices:

• Kai Zykken: Random Items (Gear comes with Mods equal to or higher IRating) Friday - Monday Priced at 1,500 Tech Fragments and 1,000,000 Credits

• Kai Zykken: Unidentified Unique Item (Gear comes with Mods equal to or higher IRating) Friday - Monday Priced at 1,000 Tech Fragments and 500,000 Credits

• Class Vendors (Agent/Bounty Hunter/Inquisitor/Warrior): Set Bonus Shells WITH NO MODIFICATIONS and Tacticals Priced at 3,000 Tech Fragments and 1,000,000 Credits

Takanna Vendor (RNG Unidentified Items)

• Armouring 300 Tech Fragments

• Barrel 375 Tech Fragments

• Hilt 375 Tech Fragments

• Mod 300 Tech Fragments

• Enhancement 300 Tech Fragments

• Equipment 250 Tech Fragments

• Head 350 Tech Fragments

• Chest 350 Tech Fragments

• Bracer 325 Tech Fragments

• Gloves 350 Tech Fragments

• Belt 325 Tech Fragments

• Legs 350 Tech Fragments

• Boots 350 Tech Fragments

• Ear 325 Tech Fragments

• Implant 325 Tech Fragments

• Relics 325 Tech Fragments

• Main Hand 450 Tech Fragments

• Off Hand 450 Tech Fragments

This Refresh gear off Takanna has been updated to be more fair all the gear you get can be the same IRating or Higher.

All the Main Hands and Off Hands now come Moddable but the Modifications that you can get in the Weapons are RNG with the IRating for each of the Modifications. Sadly they increased the price of the weapons from 375 Tech Fragments to 450 Tech Fragments.

• My experiences from buying a Main Hand at times I sometimes would receive an Off Hand.

• I no longer receive different types of weapons that my class was not able to use like a Juggernaut receiving a Assault Cannon.

• As a Tank I would receive DPS Stat Accuracy Enhancements in the Main Hand and Off Hand. I should only be getting Shield or Absorption stat Enhancements as a tank.

• The Weapons can change the colour levels Premium/Prototype/Artifice/Legendary with the different IRating Modifications in them

Right Hand Side Gear can be Static Onderonian, Moddable Sha'tek with RNG Modifications, or Set Bonus gear with RNG Modifications.

• There was an Instance where I received an Agent Set Bonus Gloves while on a Juggernaut in Tank spec.

• Outside the one agent gloves the rest of the gear was an the same or an upgrade. No side grades or downgrades.

They took away buying random Modifications and added in buying each of the Modification Slots.

• This Change is among the best changes they made giving the players the ability to get different Modifications for any of the slots that you need for the same IRating or higher

• The problem I have is that in the PTS Notes Musco " Takanna will now sell mods by type. Reminder that anything you purchase from Takanna will always be for your current Discipline and of a higher rating than your character's current average." I was receiving modifications that was not directed to my current discipline. I was getting modifications the same or higher IRating but it didn't matter if I was Tank, DPS, or Heals the Modifications was RNG Random, I could be a DPS spec and get Tank Modifications.

THE TECH FRAGMENT 3,000 CAP NEEDS TO BE 100% GONE. DEVS THIS CHANGE HAS TO BE HAPPEN. THERE IS NO REASON WHY THERE SHOULD STILL BE THIS CAP.

We use the Tech Fragments as Legacy currency to be used to buy everything from weapons, set bonuses, tacticals, and modifications. Limiting us on the amount we can carry in our currency tab makes us have to REALLY think HARD on how spend their currency. There will be arguments saying different but with the amount of RNG you get from Takanna and the HIGH Prices on the Class Set Bonus/Tacticals and the different types of play styles and the low amount of Tech Fragments rewarded from Content does not support any such argument to counter my thoughts/argument.

While Soloing Hammer Station I would get 30 Tech Fragments when picking up loot from each boss. When in a group of two I would receive 15 Tech Fragments as I pick up my personal loot and would get an additional 15 Tech Fragments when the other person picked up their loot. 30 Tech Fragments is already low amount but the fact that the max amount of currency that a player gets splits the more players in the group should not be a thing. What happens if there is a DC or someone forgets to pick up their gear then everyone is cheated out of currency that they should have received as personal loot. If this stays in this could be used to troll raid and flashpoint groups.

Group Loot should be gear and Tacticals not a crafting bag full of crafting materials. That was a step backwards.

Personal Loot is great getting Same or upgrades on gear and having mods drop alot more however the drops are RNG Modification so u can get tanking and dps modifications.

I 100% agree. From the healer merc perspective, the same kinds of shenanigans are happening only with mirrored results. Off hand blaster pistols with useless absorb & defense mods or main hand and off hand blasters of accuracy and power still happen. Main hand blasters with tank stats happen too, just not as frequent.

For the merc, buying only offhand blaster pistols can be an advantage too over buying main hand ones, as they're sometimes rolling usable in either hand.

If a random gear purchase is an armor piece, they'll have healer stats, but ones with a set bonus have often been general or specific-class ones intended for tanks about half the time. Most of the set pieces have been for general tank, general DPS, juggernaut, guardian, or agent.

Its like maybe what we're supposed to be doing is earning tech fragments and gear on one class/discipline but always spend tech fragments using an alt of a different class that uses the same gear type. Like pairing a mercenary with a powertech alt or a warrior with an inquisitor alt when we gamble on/purchase gear with tech fragments.

The tech fragment cap needs to go, or be increased. Once 3K is hit, they must be spent as any earned over the cap are wasted. If this is in the middle of a group content, this can be a problem. How long are players going to tolerate Johnny OCD stopping an Ops to go back to fleet to spend his tech fragments?

Its like players are supposed to plan ahead how many tech fragments are expected to be earned from completing an event, then go visit Takanna and buy down the tech pool enough that we should not hit cap before the event's end. Kai Zykken isn't reliable, being up only on weekends, should a tech cap crisis occur on Tuesday, for example.

Gear that cost 3K tech fragments will actually cost most players at least a bit more than that most of the time. Earn to cap, and go over some in the process, then spend back to zero. This is a bit silly, is it not?

Reserving this space to add my feed back when I wake up. (Just had a 12 hour non stop session)

I need to do an accurate count of all:the “wrong” stuff I got. Ie resistive, warding and defence items that far out weigh all the dps drops on both my Sorc, Sage, Merc and Mara, (none of which are tanks (obviously).

Give me about 15 hours and I’ll post it all and maybe some nice pics to go along with it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss