A Day in the Life of Assassins and Shadows

DanielSteed

Trust me, I've been trying to put some sense in BW staff for years about that spec and how wrong it was to nerf and keep nerfing that spec, but you know BioWare, they only listen to themselfs and then the Deception nerf hammer came and I gave up. The reason for Deception nerf was and I quote Musco:

"We felt that Deception was OP, so we nerfed it's dmg."

They didnt only nerfed the dmg, they literally broke that spec, to the point that there's no burst for it like Mara's have, like 5.0 Deception had, its dmg just went RNG and not in a good way. All of that was said and done while Mercs were still OP and untouched for the whole year, no cry threads in the forums about Mercs were heard.

Even Jugg skanks could pull more dmg than Deception. I did 56k hit on my Jugg skank recently on PTS and Deception didnt even come to 40k hit. With new GCD's for Alacrity, Hatred is worse than before when it comes to Force regen. But hey, here they are, glorifying their new sets and tacticals for sins, which are probably the worst among all classes. :D

This is looking pretty good for Deception, especially since Force Cloak reduces the CD of Recklessness by 1 min. That means you should have like 1 full minute of +30% melee damage if timed correctly. I dream of procced Mauls and Assasinate at +30% :D

Reckless Slaughter Set Bonus:
OLD: (6-piece) Whenever you consume a charge of Recklessness you gain a stack of Reckless Slaughter, increasing your melee damage done by 5% for 20 seconds.Stacks up to 2 times.
NEW: (6-piece) Whenever you consume a charge of Recklessness you gain a stack of Reckless Slaughter, increasing your melee damage done by 10% for 30 seconds.Stacks up to 3 times.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

First mistake of a non player

You have to hit the boss to get any amount of threat and then taunt to get their attention so when the taunt ends you are still at the top of the threat chart as you did damage before you taunted.

Second mistake.

Gives us a useless situational ability that might work half the time in a perfect world.

Third mistake.

Gives us an ability that does not fit inside of the current rotation.

@ Rion_Starkiller You got your set bonuses backwards this is the new set.

Whenever you consume a charge of Recklessness you gain a stack of Reckless Slaughter, increasing melee damage bonus by 5% for 20 seconds. Stacks up to 2 times. 10% not 30%

@ Rion_Starkiller You got your set bonuses backwards this is the new set.

Whenever you consume a charge of Recklessness you gain a stack of Reckless Slaughter, increasing melee damage bonus by 5% for 20 seconds. Stacks up to 2 times. 10% not 30%

AFAIK, the "NEW" one I posted is for Phase 3, and the "OLD" one is from Phase 2 and earlier.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

This is looking pretty good for Deception, especially since Force Cloak reduces the CD of Recklessness by 1 min. That means you should have like 1 full minute of +30% melee damage if timed correctly. I dream of procced Mauls and Assasinate at +30% :D

Reckless Slaughter Set Bonus:
OLD: (6-piece) Whenever you consume a charge of Recklessness you gain a stack of Reckless Slaughter, increasing your melee damage done by 5% for 20 seconds.Stacks up to 2 times.
NEW: (6-piece) Whenever you consume a charge of Recklessness you gain a stack of Reckless Slaughter, increasing your melee damage done by 10% for 30 seconds.Stacks up to 3 times.

I did test the old one and tbh I didnt notice any increase in dmg. But that was in early days of PTS, who knows if it was even working.