The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Old augments are better than the new ones?

LD_Little_Dragon

I thought the odd augment nerf to the 236/240s might have been a bug, but just did quick check on the current pts:

Advanced accuracy augment 46 (the purples):

65 Endurance

96 Accuracy

Superiour Accuracy Augment 46 (the golds 236):

76 Endurance

55 Accuracy

76 Power

Accuracy Augment 73 (the trainer blues)

126 Endurance

95 Accuracy

126 Power

With most content now being level synced, the endurance and power are capped, so extra points in those are largly meaningless. This means it's the secondary stats that are important for augments.

The best secondary stats are from the old purple 46s.

Why put all the expensive effort into crafting the new augments for so little benefit?

This is one of the biggest issues with the level sync system they are going with. When it comes to gear progression, suddenly several stats become irrelevant outside of a few FPs and a single Op. Basically all that matters now are Accuracy, Crit, and Alacrity.

Also, go take a look at how much it will cost to craft the MK-11 augment slots, and the Augments to go in them. Add up the material costs for augmenting a full set of gear, and you might just be glad that the new augments are irrelevant.

Exactly.

The 236 (and 240s) are still good for PVP, at least for the +crit and +mastery versions. But for PVE, the 236 and 240s are nerfed hard, especially given that Level Synch applies to the majority of PVE content. The augment's endurance and power contribution is ignored under Level Synch leaving only the remaining stat having any benefit.

The old 186 and 208 augments are also competitive or better than the 236 and 240 augments for PVE.

I haven't checked what happened to the rare 230 augments that could drop from Nathema. I would imagine they got a similar nerf treatment as the 236s.

I thought the odd augment nerf to the 236/240s might have been a bug, but just did quick check on the current pts:

Advanced accuracy augment 46 (the purples):

65 Endurance

96 Accuracy

The one I quoted is incorrect there. Advanced XX Augments 46 are 230 iLvl. (They drop from Nathema?)

There is one on the GTN on SS currently, it has 3 stats, not 2.

The 2 stat one is actually purple 45's (228).

I haven't checked what happened to the rare 230 augments that could drop from Nathema. I would imagine they got a similar nerf treatment as the 236s.

He listed the name of the 230 augments.

Purple 46's are 230.

Purple 45 are 228.

Purple 40 are 208.

Trying to get some clarification there...lol

Edited by CaptRogue

This is one of the biggest issues with the level sync system they are going with. When it comes to gear progression, suddenly several stats become irrelevant outside of a few FPs and a single Op. Basically all that matters now are Accuracy, Crit, and Alacrity.

Also, go take a look at how much it will cost to craft the MK-11 augment slots, and the Augments to go in them. Add up the material costs for augmenting a full set of gear, and you might just be glad that the new augments are irrelevant.

I've 90 MK-10 kits in my bank on live and will probably just live with those for a while 230 augs. Not sure if I'm going to dump the full set of 240 augs on my main healer yet despite the nerf (wait-and-see mode for 10/22).

Edited by xordevoreaux

Accuracy Augment 73 (the trainer blues)

126 Endurance

95 Accuracy

126 Power

Why put all the expensive effort into crafting the new augments for so little benefit?

Where are these new found augments you speak of?

Dragon, do we also use the decon when REing stims or adrenals, augs, etc....to learn the new level schematic?

Yes, descronstruction is the old RE, just renamed because everyone can use it now. If it works the way RE does on live then you need to deconstruct one of your own crafted items to learn the new schematic.

I checked on the pts, and currently you still have the 60% change to learn a purple schematic from the trainer blues for the older schematics. It's only the tier 11 that have the horrible RE chances so far.