The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reputation items use on pickup?

CherryFlight

I wasn’t sure where to put something like this, so I guess I’ll make a new thread for it. I noticed reputation items for Onderon have been implemented! That’s great! However, they’re use on pickup like the RXP packs. What happens when a player hits the weekly cap? Do they go into inventory? Are they wasted? I have four characters who may be at different points in the story now but one day they’ll all be sitting at endgame, and on live I capped out Makeb just by happening to have two characters run its story (not even; one ran the back 2/3 and the other started the first half...) within the same week. Please consider letting players hold on to reputation items if they’re near/at cap so that effort isn’t wasted.

Thanks for reading, I hope my feedback is useful, and sorry if this belonged somewhere else!

The same use-on-pickup thing is happening too when completing Ossus and Dantooine dailies. This isn't a bad thing if the legacy is below the weekly rep cap. But, it also means getting the rep reward on an alt is wasted once the legacy is over the weekly cap or hits maximum reputation. No more stockpiling rep tokens to be used the next week, or vendoring rep tokens for a few extra credits either.

Oh, and before I forget, the rewards earned turning in the Onderon weekly today stated the character would earn1650 reputation from a purple rep token and 142K experience (it was on a level 70 character). +142K experience: check. Rep: still 0. Bug? Or maybe the Onderon story has to be completed before rep can be earned?

Edited by TerraStomper

I have a feeling this will be discussed closer to launch as there are too many big issues faced with crafting, set bonuses, etc......

Also its been stated by Eric that all persons as of Day 1 will go to renown 1 which means we start over ;)

Renown is the new Galactic Command. It has nothing to do with Reputation.

I don't think they're use on pickup. After accepting a mission reward that included an Onderon reputation item, and seeing it nowhere in my inventory, I checked my reputation and found it still at zero. The reputation item was neither received nor used. Edited by Estelindis

The same use-on-pickup thing is happening too when completing Ossus and Dantooine dailies. This isn't a bad thing if the legacy is below the weekly rep cap. But, it also means getting the rep reward on an alt is wasted once the legacy is over the weekly cap or hits maximum reputation. No more stockpiling rep tokens to be used the next week, or vendoring rep tokens for a few extra credits either.

I mean this is just ridiculous. Why wouldn't the Devs want to encourage alt play? Are the Devs trying to suggest that after 8 years they've finally decided using alts to gain reputation ranks faster is now considered a degenerate playstyle and needs to be nerfed?

Instead of rewarding people like me, who saved up enough Dantooine reputation trophies to reach Legend in six weeks, had spreadsheets to track the trophies per character and use them in the correct order to maximize reputation gain even in the off weeks, what I did was "wrong" and the system needed to be nerfed? Really? I mean, its not like I see tons of people in Nova Blade Walkers, Kath Hounds, or with a gun-slinging Ugnaught next to them.

They "fix" this, but can't fix the missing set bonus from the DvL Victorious Pioneer armor, the missing Alliance Supply Crates from planetary heroics, the missing conquered exarch bracers from Star Fortresses, the missing datacron decorations from planetary heroic champions, the out of control crafting situation?

Yes, using alts to gain reputation, a system in place for nearly the whole life of the game, was a system screaming "I'm too overpowered, please nerf me!"

(It's been a bad day at work so pardon the rant.)