The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A couple of bugs, a question and a suggestion

JattaGin

Here are a couple of bugs I encountered today while doing 4 Hammer Station veteran runs:

1. If I go to a seller and mouse over an item I intend to sell, it does not show the credits I would get for it. I need to move the mouse away and then mouse over the item again.This happened in 100% of the cases, no matter what item or seller.

2. The comparision between two armor pieces is not always correct. For example: The Sha'tag boots have better stats than the Onderonian ones. But when the comparision windows popup, it shows much less stats for the Sha-tag boots (something like 339 instead of 600 armoring etc.).

3. When you mouse over an armor piece in your inventory, then the equipped armor piece automatically pops up, too. Could it please STATE somewhere in those windows which piece is the equipped oned? I get that it's the one (or two) on the right, however, for new players, it would surely help a lot to tell them what is actually happening here. Even I find it confusing.

4. The last boss in Hammer Station showed a purple loot. However, all I got were two green pieces, some tech fragments and credits. Nothing purple whatsoever.

5. I did two solo runs of Veteran Hammer Station and the second one was noticably more difficult. Not nearly Master Move level, but definitely a difference to the run before. I had to heal ZOOM much, much more. What's happening there?

6. The new tooltips for different actions in the action bars are shown OVER the bars. Please move them to the right side of the screen where the tooltips for the e. g. attacks and heals show up. It is very annoying and confusing to have a huge tooltip show up right over all the action bars. This happens e. g. to my cartel market heal item (the life day orb). I don't understand how no one noticed this while coding. Do you not play and test yourself?

7. I got armor drops for - apparently - level 15 players in Veteran Hammer Station. Armor level 19 or something like that. While my armor level is 270.

And now my question: How do I find out what an amplifier in my armor does? I have absolutely no idea what those extra stats mean and do. Where can I find that out? What is the point of that idea anyway? I really don't get it. And I don't see what purpose this has. It's just confusing, especially for new players. But not only. As I've been here since beta. This needs to be explained in-game.

Finally my suggestion: What is the plan with those armors in the renown stash that don't show their stats? This is extremely confusing and makes no sense to me whatsoever. Please show the stats.

Generally, this 6.0 version you have right now is not in a state to go live. Not even close. It feels like early beta phase to me.

Update:

Played one more veteran hammer station solo. It was again easier, like the first of those three solo runs I just did.

The final boss showed blue loot this time. However, everything was green again.

Speaking about green: There is so much I don't understand about this new armor system. For example: I got one golden, moddable armor drop. That looked nice. But in it were green 270 mods. What is the idea of this? Why does golden not mean golden anymore, like before? Why is an armor showing as golden when it is actually green? Can anyone elaborate on the idea behind this?

Is this supposed to be easier to understand? Clearer? Is the current system (green=green, golden=golden) not good enough? Why did it need to be changed?

I'm really at a loss regarding this new system. Whatever the intention is, please take this feedback: It is way too complicated.

Update:

Speaking about green: There is so much I don't understand about this new armor system. For example: I got one golden, moddable armor drop. That looked nice. But in it were green 270 mods. What is the idea of this? Why does golden not mean golden anymore, like before? Why is an armor showing as golden when it is actually green? Can anyone elaborate on the idea behind this?

Is this supposed to be easier to understand? Clearer? Is the current system (green=green, golden=golden) not good enough? Why did it need to be changed?

I'm really at a loss regarding this new system. Whatever the intention is, please take this feedback: It is way too complicated.

Some golden items are a part of the set. It says so at the bottom of their window. Some golden item are golden because,,, just because. I dont know why:)

Edited by Gelious

Armor pieces change color depending on the mods inside them now. The set bonus gear is gold period even if empty.

This is going to confuse the masses and it’s overly complicated with all the grades of mods/enhancements (19 per at last count).

It would be simpler for people to understand if the system stayed the same and there were less mods and enhancements (19 is way too many)

Update:

Played one more veteran hammer station solo. It was again easier, like the first of those three solo runs I just did.

The final boss showed blue loot this time. However, everything was green again.

A proper explanation on how it’s supposed to work and a list of all the lvls, types of mods, enhancements and what it all means would certainly make testing easier to work out.

At the moment I’m spending most of my time trying to understand it because it’s not overly intuitive and it is complicated. I can only imagine what “Jack or Jill” causal will think if this goes live as is.

Finally my suggestion: What is the plan with those armors in the renown stash that don't show their stats? This is extremely confusing and makes no sense to me whatsoever. Please show the stats

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9761759&postcount=40

Let me correct something from my post. If it appears that you have an empty green shell in your stash, that is actually not a bug in of itself. The way that item works is when you pull it from your stash into your inventory it will then fill that item with mods for you based on your item rating and Discipline. Even though it looks like an empty green item, it is actually a great item to get.

The bug we need to address is that it looks like a very bad item in your stash and doesn't relay to you that you need to pull it to your inventory. We are working on a solution for that.

-eric

Armor pieces change color depending on the mods inside them now. The set bonus gear is gold period even if empty.

Thank you for the explanation. I understand what you wrote. But I still don't understand. I mean... what? Why? Is this being explained somewhere in the game? How am I supposed to understand that through playing? I am completely confused about it. And if I, as a veteran player, don't get it, I don't really see how casuals and new players will. There has to be some sort of consistency. At the very least, add a tooltip which explains why a golden armor piece which only includes green mods is golden and not green.

Coming back to my first line: Actually, I don't understand what you wrote. I thought I did. :p;) Or do I understand after all? Man... So it is a set bonus armor piece, that's why it's golden. How do I know that it's a set bonus armor piece? If it tells so, where? I obviously didn't find this information. And what is empty? The set bonus? Why? How can it be empty? Is there something I need to put inside? Wasn't set bonus before: have x amount of pieces of this set and automatically get a bonus thingy? Is it not working like this anymore?

Thanks for the link, Ula. I remember now having read that. Let me re-phrase my question: What is the idea behind this? When thinking of doing it like that, was there a common agreement in the meeting that this would be a good idea? Easy to understand for - especially, but not only - new players? To me it sounds way too complicated. To implement. And to play with.

Let me also change my suggestion: Dear BW, I think that this renown command system as you have it now on the PTS is in such a state, that even I - as a fand of the current galactic command system - say that I'd rather have no renown command at all than this. This doesn't feel rewarding. It is confusing. Could you please think about adding different items to the packs again, like before? I would love to get some fluff stuff like pets, speeders, even companion gifts. I really like the command packs. All I would ask for is add new things. What I don't care for in those renown packs is armor pieces with random, unknown stats which I probably in 9 of 10 cases will simply deconstruct. Think about it, BW, thanks.