The Emperor (Spoiler)

daftshadow

This is for the Doomsday final class quest. Is it possible to solo him or at least finish this quest solo or do you have to group with another or two to accomplish this? I just tried to solo it and died like in 6 seconds. Level 50*

I think I would have a chance if I could bring the Doc with me but nope, only T7.... :mad:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't see how it's possible outside a raid group when each of those clones is gold level, and can shoot lightning death at you from every angle. I hear of this pillar thing, but if I try to hide behind something they just use an AOE cast and still kill me. ***?

Kind of wished this quest was repeatable so I can get a video on how to do it solo and without the use of T7.

I'll explain the pillar trick.

- In case you're not familar with the concept of line of sight, it means that when you're casting a spell, there cannot be any obstruction between you and the target. So in this case, the emperor is casting on you, and you take advantage of it using the pillar.

- Whenever the emperor is casting just make sure there's a pillar between you and him. The only exception is when he cast a spell with an circle on the ground, usually I move to the other pillar when that happens.

- When you're ready to attack the emperor, only hit him once or twice, then go back behind the pillar.

- When emperor splits, use Force push on the real one, and use Strike on the clones.

- Bring lots of medpacks, as you can drag out the fight as long as you want till their cooldown comes back up again.

Edited by Artillery

I thought I had him once when he was below 25% and I was above 50% I had to switch pillars because he did an AOE on the one I was on, but surely he couldn't kill me from above 50%.

And then he did.

Too bad we don't have combat logs so I dunno how he did a 5K+ dmg spell.

2 hits will clear the clones there health bar is just for show. staying in the middle of the room helps but as a guardian i used "awe" and that cc them all long enough to 2 hit and back on boss but its still a dps race since t7 is a joke and you have no heals . i have come close with well timed stuns but still a pain.

I don't even have the grace of beign a Guardian. I'm Sentinel DPS with watchman spec. I may not have the armor or health pool as the other spec does. I actually want to solo this guy as a challange to myself. But I like challanges that are within reason, not a cluster phoque of clones that if you dont' dispatch right away, manage to kill you. I got him down close once, but I was out of means to heal myself, and he simply sliced his way to killing me.

On top of that, I actually did the puzzle in the main room for a chest that would apparently have gear to upgrade T7... it's bugged. Can't access it. So any extra advantage I would have had is gone. I miss Doc... he's a jerk, but at least he could heal me.

2 hits will clear the clones there health bar is just for show. staying in the middle of the room helps but as a guardian i used "awe" and that cc them all long enough to 2 hit and back on boss but its still a dps race since t7 is a joke and you have no heals . i have come close with well timed stuns but still a pain.

The Emperor is just too difficult, at least for me. I've already sent a ticket to BW about this. In the mean time I am just going to roll a new toon or until I can find another to help me to beat the Emperor or if/when BW decides to tweak the Emperor making him at least reasonably beatable.

Though I'm not even close to level 50, from what I've read I would suggest bringing a group, or at least a healer, since Doc isn't available. And if you DO bring a group, you should inform them of the pillar trick, obviously.

Also, about the chest, someone else said that they solved the puzzle for it, discovered it was bugged, left so the quest area could reset, went back and was able to open it. But anyway, it only gives a green set for T7. It might be better just to gear him yourself.

I hope this was helpful!

yeah, after wiping multiple time, i came to believe that you need to be defense spec for his (free freezing force to kite that add)

the best i did was get him to about 50%

does not help that you are force to use t7, which i had not used since lvl 15 and the AH had no gear above lvl 20 for droid....

i was very very mad at that twist :p especially considering that kira was also able to break the emperor will..could she not also come?.

anyways, the only other lvl 50 (sage) of my guild came to give me a hand and even then we had a rough time, this quest is definitely over-tuned and i have a very high respect for anyone who was able to pull it off solo as vigilance with lvl 48 gear :p

I'm stuck on this as well, and I really want to avoid bringing anyone into it. Just kinda ruins the feel if I'm supposed to have an epic fight with the Emperor (with only my droid since he's immune to the Emperor's effects) and I'm bringing alone two extra people to share in moment and make it easy.

I've managed to get him down to roughly 40% before he uses his Force Bane or whatever spell that hits for half your hp and knocks you across the room. Tactics are generally based around sending T7 in first while I stay in the middle of the room, smashing each clone with one weak attack (that's all it takes for me), and then rushing back to the Emperor in time to have him kill T7 and then interrupting everything I can before repeating the entire process without T7.

The nuke is absolute bs, and I don't see how you can do the fight without having perfect timing and all your cooldowns (including "Call on the force"). That pillar trick is something I'll probably try out, although I keep hearing about "pushing" the Emperor, so it sounds like Sentinels (like me) are at a disadvantage.

The quest bugged on me last night after a few attempts.

I kind of feel cheated, as i got all my stuff ready sent in T7 to start.

T7 hits him once, and he resets and gets a dialog box.

Thinking son of a, i have to talk to him all over again.

I finally go to talk to him.... and he says I won.

On the previous attempts i could get him to about 50%, and yes I geared the hell out of T7, being a cybertech. Also a PVP weapon, new mods etc...

And T7 gets ROCKED. Even clearing trash to the emperor was a Pain.

So I am too here at the Emperor. And I do have the same problem. Not being able to use Doc makes even the fight through the adds! insanely difficult and frustrating. At the moment this quest is way overtuned, and if I have to bring a group to this, have the decency to tell me its a Heroic+ quest. To this point, the JG storyline was stellar, and had that Star wars feel to it. But this just kills it.

Bioware, please have a look at this problem.

Here is what I did:

There are statues on either side of the room with space behind them. ALL THE EMPORER DOES IS CAST. This is very important. Hit the Emporer and interrupt his casts, when your interrupts are on cooldown run behind the statues to have him stop casting and try to recast. When he spawns the clones just use Awe (if Guardian) to CC everyone and the clones will drop 1 by 1 in a single attack (Strike, Slash, w/e), rinse and repeat. This is by far the best method, only damage done to me was very minimal since I took 0 damage from the Emporer himself. Didn't even need T7 because he died very early on, since he can't effectively run behind statues. Line of Sight is key for this fight. Hope you guys put this to good use.

:)

Edited by Nashi

The Emperor is just too difficult, at least for me. I've already sent a ticket to BW about this. In the mean time I am just going to roll a new toon or until I can find another to help me to beat the Emperor or if/when BW decides to tweak the Emperor making him at least reasonably beatable.

Don't send a ticket. The staff that handles tickets are just flunkie CSR's. The ticket goes nowhere. I've already tried submitting bugs via this route, and their response is just a canned response and a closing of the ticket.

I'm just simply not going to do this quest until it is fixed. I feel like I'm cheating myself by getting by with cheap tricks or bugs to win. I understand this is the only way to do it right now and I'm not begrudging people for doing it. But I won't.

I'll go play something else while they take their time fixing it.

I am frustrated beyond belief with this portion of the game. It's difficult even to get to the emperor, these assassins and droids are way to difficult and seem to do a lot more damage then a typical "strong" npc. I really do not like this part of the series and can't believe how difficult they made this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.