The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kudos on visual design of new armor

Estelindis

We don't always give positive feedback when we like things, so I just wanted to say that I very much like the new "lines" of armor appearances. For the sake of convenience, let's call them Onderonian and Sha'tek (not completely accurate, I think, since some items labelled "Onderonian" seem to evolve into a higher Sha'tek look?). If anyone's not sure what I'm talking about, I made a little album with a couple of examples. (For clarity, the gold armored outfits in this album I dyed green; the dyed areas are naturally blue and brown.)

I think we didn't see this degree of unique appearances when the PTS launched, but at this point quite a number of cool looks have been added. They all have a bit more of a fantasy-ish look than sci-fi, more evocative of a feudal or renaissance aesthetic compared with the usual Star Wars outfits. The textures and models are beautiful - some of them as nice as any cartel outfit, in my opinion. And it's really cool the way the designs are built up on each other, becoming heavier / more ornate as the rating level of the item drop increases. This gives a great variety of mix-n-match between items of higher or lower grades, since they feel like variants in a "family" of appearances.

Whoever made these, seriously well done. :)

Edited by Estelindis

Good catch. I like the comparison shots. In general, Bioware is making better textured armors. Can we thank that Dynamic Placeable Objects system?:) I particularly favor asymmetric ones. Though, the one thing I can do without are chest pieces that extend past the waistline. Edited by TonyTricicolo