[VIDEO] Thrones vs Sith - Would Game of Thrones have been a better game?

Pyrofoxable

Did you know Bioware were considering Game of Thrones at the same time as The Old Republic? http://www.gamebreaker.tv/thrones-vs-sith/

Just think! We might have had another 7 years of fantasy instead of lightsabers. They're both great IPs though & Game of Thrones isn't your typical fantasy story... But it doesn't have lightsabers!

Which would you have preferred? Are you happy to be running around with a blaster? I sure am! :)

P.S. The Republic, our SWTOR video podcast, is going live in one hour! www.gamebreaker.tv/live

P.P.S. Here''s some of our other recent video content including, the much loved Christmas song, 12 days of Smack Talkin'':

And here''s how you can keep up to date with us:

Edited by Pyrofoxable

ASoIaF would make a terrible MMO :rolleyes: Even trying to imagine how it would work is difficult. The vast majority of people are simple humans with nothing special about them. Then there's a couple of people who are zombies and some strange alien-like beings with ice swords.

I'm an enormous ASoIaF fan and even I can recognize that it would make a terrible game.

Edit: Oh I see, this thread is just advertising for your website.

Edited by VicSkimmr

Ok, GoT won't be that popular in 30 years (but I believe nothing again will be. People just go on Hypes these days, after 10 years its over. People don't have any stamina for a thirty year fan base)

An MMO would be a interesting idea for GoT, but it would be really difficult to do.

They did a strategy game and it seems it sucks.

Maybe someday there will be a good GoT game, but it won't be an MMO.

On another note, please close this thread and kick the Poster in his backside for this.

Edited by Hiramas

It's SWTOR related video content & discussion guys. We're allowed to do this in the new forums. It's not like it's a trick, it says video in the title, I'm obviously linking to somewhere.

Probably would have turned out exactly the same

However Thrones is all hype now, in 30 years will it still be as successful as Star Wars? I doubt it

I don't know, I think it would have to be quite a bit different. It just seems like an IP that needs sandbox elements to me with all the politics & such. But I guess themepark could work. Bioware story would absolutely work.

And as for Game of Thrones lasting 30 years, don't worry, that's when the prequel series comes out. :p

Hrm. GoT MMO.

I can even imagine how that would work. A bunch of people fighting while all the common folk could care less. Id love to see the VO version of the Red wedding tho.

Would you have the choice to take the black? Would someone end up being the secret Targaryen?