The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Let us select which spec we want loot drops for

Delta_V

I get the idea behind limiting RNG crates and drops to your current spec. If you're a dps that has no interest in tanking, getting tank gear would be a frustrating waste of time and effort.

However, I run multiple specs on all of my characters, and it makes gearing both dps and heals/tank rather tedious. Let's say my dps gear is "good enough" for now, but I want to upgrade my heals set. If I'm running dps for dailies, or if my group already had healers, I have to respec to heals just to open crates. That means messing up my quickbars, and resetting my utilities over, and over, and over again.

So for the new gearing system, I'd really, really like the ability to toggle which spec I want for gearing purposes. Let it default to your current spec, but give us the ability to override it and receive healing gear while in dps spec, dps gear while in tank spec, etc. without actually going through the respec process every time.

I get the idea behind limiting RNG crates and drops to your current spec. If you're a dps that has no interest in tanking, getting tank gear would be a frustrating waste of time and effort.

However, I run multiple specs on all of my characters, and it makes gearing both dps and heals/tank rather tedious. Let's say my dps gear is "good enough" for now, but I want to upgrade my heals set. If I'm running dps for dailies, or if my group already had healers, I have to respec to heals just to open crates. That means messing up my quickbars, and resetting my utilities over, and over, and over again.

So for the new gearing system, I'd really, really like the ability to toggle which spec I want for gearing purposes. Let it default to your current spec, but give us the ability to override it and receive healing gear while in dps spec, dps gear while in tank spec, etc. without actually going through the respec process every time.

This is a VERY VERY good idea and i really like it a lot!!!! IT MAKES MORE SENSE for people who DO STILL want to "play it their way" -- wasnt that the recent slogan that the entire SWTOR DEV team adopted, right before 6.0 got underway in development???? "Play the game YOUR way"??? Hmmmm!!!!

MORE MANUAL CONTROL please! Make SWTOR more stick-shift and less automatic! :)

This is a VERY VERY good idea and i really like it a lot!!!! IT MAKES MORE SENSE for people who DO STILL want to "play it their way" -- wasnt that the recent slogan that the entire SWTOR DEV team adopted, right before 6.0 got underway in development???? "Play the game YOUR way"??? Hmmmm!!!!

MORE MANUAL CONTROL please! Make SWTOR more stick-shift and less automatic! :)

On SOR they had it right. When it came time to pick a item for comp. You were allow to chose. Not sure why they don't use it with the rest of reward system.