The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I'm liking the complexity being introduced with new tacticals and other armor feature

Carba

The complexity gives an interesting dimension to optimizing. The large number of possible combinations makes it hard to theory-craft the best combination. That will put a lot of value on individual experimentation. Bolstering should provide a safety net for those that choose not to optimize. As long as the tacticals don't accidentally create a "super" class, the downside risk seems minimal.

I agree, i think it will allow us to customize for various situations much better than we could in the past as clearly different tacticals will have use in different content.

Im encouraged as it shows effort, a return to actually caring. Hopefully 6.0 will only be the start of that.

For some of the class's that's true. I was a bit disappointed with the assassin gear and didn't get to spend a lot of time with the others. One combo I was really liking, thought, was the sorc set, I can't remember the names, the set bonus and tactical that synergized force speed with volt rush with chain lightning. Probably not the most optimal for boss fights but it was really fun for clearing groups in flashpoints. Edited by ceryxp

I like having options for PvE on a fight by fight basis that Utility points don't give me with Tacticals that actually change the spec playstyle like Legendaries in WoW from Legion. Amplifiers will probably just be rush Armour Pen, Force Buff or Tech depending on the DPS class you play so it will be somewhat linear from my testing so far.