Grade 11 Biochem Consumables Performance

TerraStomper

With 6.0 we're seeing health pools and stats basically double. Do any of the biochem consumables like medpacs, adrenals, and stims improve by 100% as well? In PTS 6.0 phase 1.5, none of the consumables scale to this degree. Except for the grade 11 medpac, one might as well continue to use the grade 10s.

The best of them, the medpac, improves by 77%. The Attack Adrenal improves by about 1.3%. The Critical Adrenal improves by about 3.7%. Looking at the Grade 11 Artifact stims available for purchase on Odessen, Stims improve their buffs about 2.2% to the first stat, and about 1% to the second.

Here is a comparison between Prototype quality grade 10 and 11 medpacs and adrenals. I didn't include Artifact (purple) or any stims as I haven't been successful yet with reverse engineering stacks of the prerequisite grade 11s to learn their plans. The materials required to make grade 11s are enormous, particularly adrenals. Stims are likely enormous too.

Grade 10 Prototype (Blue) Polybiotic Medpac (x6)

• Effect: 17150-21299 health plus 6915 health over 15 seconds, scales to level 70

• Crafting Resources: 14 total grade 10 materials of standard to prototype quality from Bioanalysis and Diplomacy

• Performance: 14.2% at 135,000 health

Grade 11 Prototype (Blue) Kyrprax Mecpac (x6)

• Effect: 30362-37708 health plus 12243 health over 15 seconds, scales to level 75

• Crafting Resources: 260 total grade 11 materials of standard to prototype quality from Bioanalysis and Diplomacy

• Performance: 12.6% at 270,000 health

The grade 11 prototype medpac is a 77% improvement over the grade 10 prototype medpac. A character's health pool doubled at 75 compared with 70, but the grade 11 prototype medpac ends up healing about 1.6% less of the health bar. Meanwhile, the number of materials required to craft 6 prototype medpacs increased 1,857%.

Grade 10 Prototype (Blue) Polybiotic Attack/Critical Adrenal (x6)

• Effect: +835 to power or crit rating over 15 seconds

• Crafting Resources: 14 total grade 10 materials of standard to prototype quality from Bioanalysis and Diplomacy

• Performance: +18.5% at 4500 power or +39.8% at 2100 crit rating

Grade 11 Prototype (Blue) Kyrprax Attack/Critical Adrenal (x4)

• Effect: +960 to power or crit rating over 15 seconds

• Crafting Resources: 1220 total grade 11 materials of standard to prototype quality from Bioanalysis and Diplomacy

• Performance: +9.9% at 9656 power or +29.7% at 3234 crit rating

In terms of raw stat boost, the grade 11 prototype adrenal is about a 15% improvement over the grade 10 prototype adrenal. However, relative to stat increases available to level 75 characters, this ends up at about a 1.3 to 3.7% boost to a stat for 15 seconds compared with what the grade 10 versions deliver if they were used instead. Meanwhile, the materials required to craft 4 grade 11 prototype adrenals increased 13,070% compared to crafting 6 grade 10 versions. The grade 11 adrenals are not worth their costs. Use the grade 10 ones because the margin (125 points) isn't wide enough to matter in most situations.

I guess we have to hope those aren’t the final numbers and are just placeholders.

I sure hope they aren't final too. I suspect come Phase 2.0 of the PTS, we'll know what is closer to final. If the devs cut grade 11 crafting material requirements like by about 98.8%, they would be about at the break even point for Grade 11 Prototypes versus Grade 10 Biochem prototypes.

There are renewable MK-2 versions for at least the medpac, crit, and attack adrenals. I haven't tallied their requirements (I didn't want to look!) for a medpac or adrenal, but I suspect its somewhere near 5000, including 5 legendary ones I haven't seen (its tool tip says its a rare drop from harvests and missions.)

If you all would like to see them, I can post the requirements for the ones I know of.

Also, many of the the grade 11 biochem consumables are pretty much useless except in 71-75 content, given the current "Scaling Tech."

Edited by TerraStomper
add comment

Here are the current material requirements for the MK-2 Kyrprax Medpac, Adrenals and Stims. Not as bad as I first suspected, but still staggering. They have the same performance as the Advanced Kyrprax (purple) versions available from Pirate Stimfiend on Odessen.

I don't think the Advanced Kyrprax and Kyrprax MK-2 Stims are worth making as they are only +24 better to the first stat and +10 better to the second when compared to the previous grade 10 versions. With the expanded stat pool, they would need to deliver about two and half 286 Augment's worth of performance to make a noticeable difference, like the grade 10 stims did. Look at it this way, +240 more health to a tank's health pool already at 302,000+ is nothing, and +10 more defense might make about .03% difference to dodge/parry/block on trash mobs. Tanks might as well use the grade 10 version and save serveral million credits worth of materials. Likewise, the Premium (green) and Prototype (blue) versions aren't worth making either. The Premium grade 11 stims have the same performance as the Advanced and MK-2 grade 10s but last an hour and don't persist through death.

Kyrprax MK-2 Medpac, Adrenal, or Stim (all currently have exactly the same material requirements) - 3260 materials each

• 5 Dark Matter Accelerant (Legendary)
  • 5 Artifact Curious Cells
  • 10 Artifact Intravenous Injector
  • 10 Prototype Intravenous Injector
  • 10 Premium Intravenous Injector

Artifact Curious Cell - 645 materials

• 5 Prototype Curious Cell
  • 15 Prototype Recombinator
  • 15 Artifact Virulent Extract
  • 15 Artifact Unknown Microorganism

Prototype Curious Cell - 120 materials

• 3 Premium Curious Cell
  • 10 Premium Recombinator
  • 10 Prototype Virulent Extract
  • 10 Prototype Unknown Microorganism

Premium Curious Cell - 30 materials

• 10 Premium Virulent Extract
  • 10 Premium Unknown Microorganism
  • 10 Standard Recombinator

Edited by TerraStomper
i cant add apparently, or spell for that matter

Here are the current material requirements for the MK-2 Kyrprax Medpac, Adrenals and Stims. Not as bad as I first suspected, but still staggering. They have the same performance as the Advanced Kyrprax (purple) versions available from Pirate Stimfiend on Odessen.

Terra, these are the infinitely reusable versions, correct? From where are these schematics obtained? From the biochem trainer? With Alliance Recon Data from Umbara FP and the Odessen vendor? Reverse engineered from the artifact versions?

Terra, these are the infinitely reusable versions, correct? From where are these schematics obtained? From the biochem trainer? With Alliance Recon Data from Umbara FP and the Odessen vendor? Reverse engineered from the artifact versions?

In PTS 1.5 the infinitely reusable versions could be learned by reverse engineering Kyrprax medpacs, adrenals, or stims of the same type. The Biochem trainers taught all the base grade 11 green (premium) versions only. No blues, purples or legendary recipes -- they had to be learned through reverse engineering starting with the greens.

I reverse engineered stack after stack of green Kyrprax premium medpacs and luckily learned the legendary MK-2 Kyrprax medpac while trying to get the blue prototype Kyrprax medpac. The same process worked with the crit adrenal, attack adrenal, triage adrenal, and the fortitude and proficient stims. Learning the purple versions from the blues was very painful, but I suspect the legendary MK-2s can be learned while reverse engineering the blues too, say perhaps with a higher chance of success. Still, I had no luck with other stims and adrenals. The experience reminded me of how reverse engineering could frustrate back in game version 1.x.

Kyrprax MK-2 Medpac, Adrenal, or Stim (all currently have exactly the same material requirements) - 3260 materials each

• 5 Dark Matter Accelerant (Legendary)
  • 5 Artifact Curious Cells
  • 10 Artifact Intravenous Injector
  • 10 Prototype Intravenous Injector
  • 10 Premium Intravenous Injector

Artifact Curious Cell - 645 materials

• 5 Prototype Curious Cell
  • 15 Prototype Recombinator
  • 15 Artifact Virulent Extract
  • 15 Artifact Unknown Microorganism

Prototype Curious Cell - 120 materials

• 3 Premium Curious Cell