Bio stims effectiveness / Player Damage vs healing ratio

DomBah

Hello,

i noticed that with every gear progression the biochemic stims becomes more less effective and we are now to a point where it seems to me, that the devs wanted these stims made meaningless.

Perhaps its not properly implemented, but there is an stim dealer with the new stims.

Bio stims effectiveness

At start of the game the best stims (rakata) increases mastery and power each around for 5% to 7%. It was 112 to mastery and 46 to power - but i do not remember exactly my stats - i was alway on a crit based gear. But i think 2k mastery and 800 Power was BIS (perhaps except strictly power builds). Together lets say 12%.

And then with every major gear progression their lowered the effectiveness of the stims.

Compare to my live full 248 gear char (its not any longer BIS i know):

Iam about @6,8k mastery without augments, the best stims increase that for 240. Thats round about 3,5%.

Power would be without augments at 3,9k, and the increase from the stim is 99. Thats round about 2,5%.

With pts 306 not augmented gear ( i really dont know if this is BIS or just the beginner gear):

I get 11,5k mastery and 6800 Power and the stim increase is 264 mastery, leads to a 2,3% buff.

Power is at 6,8k and the stim increase is 109, leads to a 1,6% buff, overall round about 4%.

In my opinion 12% may a bit to high, but 4% or even less, if 306 ist just the bgeinner gear, is indeed to low.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damage vs healing ratio

I noticed that with the current pts 306 gear without augments, the damage mutliplier to my old full augmented 248 gear is round about 1.5 / 50%. So every main damage ability makes 50% more damage.

But for the healing abilities its only round about 33%.

The HP's are increased too, round about for 100% (or even more). That alone could lead to a higher ttk, but because of the new burst and aoe damage sets / tacticals, i would not think that the ttk will be really much higher then now. But the healers will heal round about 20% lesser .

The major problem with the healer output comes from aoe healing, which is already, after adjustments in a good balanced state, and with the the new aoe tactical, at least from the sniper, i assume there would be absolute no problems anymore with stacking healer aoe.

Iam really not a theory crafter or something, perhaps i just forget something to bring in my calculations so this is indeed more a question, for pve its not a matter as long the devs just lower the incoming damage too, but would the ca. 20% lesser healing output compared to the damage output, not lead to major problems in pvp for the healers?

Healing is always getting less boost from power/mastery than damage which is why healers atm stack over 2,3k crit on live and not power, so without doing any special balancing on PTS the HP increased by a lot, but hps didn't follow accordingly like it did in previous expansion. I guess the numbers will be tweaked coz yeah healing at 75 is weak given the HP pool and how it is on live.

As for the mastery stim, well yeah valid point, it's value is going down to a pretty pepega level. I would like it to actually be made stronger, perhaps the combat team will consider it because it's something that was pretty neglected from expansion to expansion. And it isn't "just use the yellow stim lul" for healers and tanks that want more dps. That's some extra balancing, but shouldn't be that hard :D

But atm that's also true for all stims, we got double the HP pool and double tertiary stats while the stims give just a little bit more, basically nothing.

Healing is always getting less boost from power/mastery than damage which is why healers atm stack over 2,3k crit on live and not power, so without doing any special balancing on PTS the HP increased by a lot, but hps didn't follow accordingly like it did in previous expansion. I guess the numbers will be tweaked coz yeah healing at 75 is weak given the HP pool and how it is on live.

Ok, thanks, sounds like this is normal on the pts in early states.

Healing is always getting less boost from power/mastery than damage which is why healers atm stack over 2,3k crit on live and not power,

Are you running with healers with zero alacricity or something? Most heals I know hit the 1857+ on alacricity, which means with BiS on live they're running about 1900 crit, 2000 with the proficient stim.

Critical has diminishing returns, so 3k crit would be a lot of wasted stats.

It refers to something called "supercrit" for healers

"Critical Chance from Critical Rating, etc., is never wasted, abilities that automatically critically hit or heal convert any Critical Chance above 100% into additional critical damage or healing"

https://www.rambol.net/home/2018/3/13/stats-and-damage-calculation-in-swtor#critical_rating

It refers to something called "supercrit" for healers

"Critical Chance from Critical Rating, etc., is never wasted, abilities that automatically critically hit or heal convert any Critical Chance above 100% into additional critical damage or healing"

https://www.rambol.net/home/2018/3/13/stats-and-damage-calculation-in-swtor#critical_rating

For pvp low alacricity might be worth if, if you're not getting the apm's, but I still can't see stacking crit instead of alacricity for pve. No autocrit from the set bonus either in 6.0 unless you go with the critical surgery one.