The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items List

RikuvonDrake

taken from the last time PTS was online, but they might change in the next patch since they are changing the 4 pieces bonus on other sets:

GENERIC SETS:

Taskmaster:

Significantly increases your active companions attack and cast speed

Thorns Shield:

Shielding an attack causes your generator to overdrive, Deal x weapon damage up 8 enemies within 2 meters

Amplified :

This equipement shell is enhanced with additional powerful Amplifier opportunities (not working atm since the amplifiers aren't fully implemented, I thk you have an option to roll for amplifiers on each piece)

Stim Addict: Increases Mastery by 100 while under the effects of a stimpack

Final Breath :

2 - Increase defense by 112 while health is below 50%

4 - Increase defense by 230 while health is below 50%

6 - Increase defense by 10% while health is below 50%

Last Stand :

2 - Increase alacrity by 112 while health is below 50%

4 - Increase alacrity by 230 while health is below 50%

6 - Increase alacrity by 10% while health is below 50%

Dying Precision :

2 - Increase critical Rating by 112 while health is below 50%

4 - Increase critical Rating by 230 while health is below 50%

6 - Increase critical Rating by 10% while health is below 50%

Self Preservation: Passively regenerates 1% of max health every 10 sec

Victor:

4-Defeating enemies heals you for 20% of your maximum health

6-In addition to the heal effect, you gain a brief bonus to movement speed when defeating enemies

Berserker:

OLD: Increases Power by 20%, Reduce armor by 50%

NEW: Increases Damage Dealt by 5%, Increases Damage Taken by 10%

Avenger:

Increases your damage dealt by 5% while you Guard another player

Stationary Grit:

Increases damage by 5% while not moving, Increases armor by 5% while moving

The entertainer:

Entering Combat buffs nearby allies for increased xp, mastery and endurance.Buff is removed on leaving combat

TACTICALS:

Durasteel Wall

Successfully shielding an attack while under 80% health increases your Shield Chance and Absorb Amount by 1% for 10 seconds, stacks 25 times

Breath of Fresh Air:

Every third Activation of your basic attack restores 10% of your class Resource

Luck Always Changes:

Your critical chance with Melee ,Ranged, Tech, Force Attacks and healing is Increased by 1% each second. This effect resets on a successful critical hit

Greased Lightning :

Dealing damage increases all damage done for 2 seconds , Stacks for 5 times

Biorythm: Dealing damage increases all healing done, Healing increases all damage done. Stacks up to 5 times. Only one effect can be active at a time

Roilling Boil

Increases Mastery by 5% for 5 seconds when a relic triggers

Krall's Accord: Cycles between enhancing Mastery, Accuracy,Power,Defense,Critical , Absorb,Alacrity and Shield. In that order.

The Life Warden: Taking damage below 20% health will rapidly heal you for a large amount 10 min cooldown

---------------

i hope I didnt forget any, i can update when the PTS will be online :)

EDIT AUG 14 : Still havent changed with the last version of the PTS

Edited by jambalayabungee
typo, added info

Since we started a thread about those Generic sets, why not give feedback:

Fav Bonus sets:

Stationary Grit - made for snipies :p

Berserker : the old bonus was better, but I understand why they nerfed it

Looking forward to test the Amplifier set when Amplifiers will be testable, I think in theory it look like a great way to make your own custom set, I like the idea.

*** Those sets are pretty Dps oriented, not so much choices for healers (or tanks? I dont play tanks) there.

The nice thing about the old Berserker, with the +20% power it could be used by many roles, and you could keep the same set if you wanted to field respec from dps - heal by exemple. not anymore tho :(

Maybe a set with +5% dmg / +5% healing / ( insert something useful for tanks : + dmg reduction? threat generation?) depending on current spec ? It would be more polyvalent ?

I like the idea of having 1 set I could use on all my toons, for alts and all, as a backup set you can just leave in your legacy by exemple.

Tacticals:

Greased lightning is a dps favorite. There is no visual associated with the stacks of damage tho

Luck always change is great , better for burst than dots/hots tho, since every crit tick will reset it.

I see a lot of people using the Life Warden, havent tested it yet.

I tested Biorythm on an healer doing much off-dps in an operation, I like the idea, hard to say if Its working well tho. We get way more than 5 stacks and they all show as individual icons on your buff bars, it clutter the screen, hope its temporary. I thk it get confused when you use dps + heal abilities as well

Screenshot : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18LdPym9-zIKVyP_7IcipLujYznBaknDW/view?usp=sharing

I tested Breath of Fresh Air , look useful in theory , although its very rare you want to use your basic attacks as much to make it worth it as a tactical, when there is way better choices. Useful in an "oh ****" situation I guess. Maybe it could be useful for healers for energy management, if it was related to their low spammable heal too (kolto shots, diagnostic scan, resurgence)

Tested on the IO rotation since its using a lot of basic attacks in the low-heat portion of the rotation, even then, the change doesnt feel like its worth it compared to the Dps-boosting tacticals.

Is that me or The Krall tactical is the most useless Tactical alive? Nobody need all of those stats. Maybe some ppl are looking for spice in their lives, or like stat roulette ... even then the stat increases is like 500 points for about 1 second, so yeah, still useless lol. Also, the Mastery and Power increase doesnt work in level sync content, as opposed to the Rolling Boil one, that still gives the +5% mastery increase

Edited by jambalayabungee
typo

for Pve raid content Stationary Grit may be the better overall choice than Berserker actually - at least for a bunch of fights as long as the bonus kicks in immediately the moment you stop moving.

Greased Lightning is a better dps generalist tactical than some class specific tacticals available (I know that for a fact on madness) have not tested it on other classes extensively though.

Strange, they assured us more customization but with a 2, 4, and 6 piece set we're still left with 1 remaining. How about a 1, 3, 5, and 7 slot for bonuses so we can mix and match and create our own? I think I'm going to end up trying out general bonus set because the class specific ones look lackluster. Edited by TonyTricicolo