The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

removal of tank auto proc relics, making a case for removal of dps/heal auto proc too

fire-breath

I'm very glad to see you went back the old days with relics and removed the auto proc relics. Fixed stat relics are in my opinion better as it decreases RNG.

While I get it that dps/heal relics is a bit different I do think there is a case for the auto mastery/power procs.

option 1 - we keep it as is

option 2 - go the tanking way as in; make it fixed stats, no procs at all

option 3 - make the proc amount lower but increase the duration slightly higher.

The downside of only 6 seconds is that you can't really do much to prioritise your damage and attempt to squeeze in that 6s window. I guess most people are not even looking at their procs and just smack away, leading to buffed flurries and slashes.

Personally, I prefer to either use a manual click relic or a fixed stat relic. That way you can optimize your damage better.

For healing purposes I really dont think the auto procs should even be a thing.

I miss the days of walking around with the old 30s triggered relics.

Pretty sure we had a "do x damage every 10s with y% proc rate" relic as well back in the 1.0 days.

Personally? I'd love to get rid of the power/mastery autobuff relics. They remove a gameplay element from fight optimization and turn it into twitch optimization as as you've said you've only got 6s to make use of the buff.

I agree we should have more activated relics, I wouldnt say to remove the auto procs ones tho, because Im sure some ppl dont want to manage their relics in top of everything else since they are used to just ... let them live and hope they proc at the right time ...

If really Ops are level locked and mastery / power / endurance relics and adrenals are irrelevant, it will be necessary to have more choices of relics to compensate, now that we wouldnt have the almost mandatory choice of taking the power and mastery relics in these situations.

Id definitely take a crit clicky, or even a version of the shield / healing one for those cases. Or , why not be wild, **different and new** choices of relics .

I totally agree with you thats its dumb to try to coordinate heals , or dps for that matter , with the small 6 sec windows the auto procs have. I even put a visual timer in starparse so I can see them pop in my face, but even then, I feel half the time its not even worth it trying to maximise the proc. You kind of just...cross your fingers and hope it will fluff your numbers when it actually matter XD

You've got my brain rolling, so here are some ideas for clickies:

Tanks:

• Gain an absorb shield equal to x% of your maximum hp
  • Increase your damage reduction by x% for 10s
  • Increase your Damage Dealt (significantly) while causing you to take constant damage equaling an arbitrarily large numeric value to prevent DPS from taking this relic over 30s

DPS:

• Deal x damage in a 5 meter AoE around you
  • Reduce your crit damage to 25% while increasing your chance to crit to 99% (no autocrit crit chance rollover, would make classes that do extra things on crits a little more interesting, if any still exist)
  • Immediately regenerate 20% of your classes resources while also giving you 5 stacks of a damage increasing buff which increases your damage dealt by 5% per stack, remove 1 stack per ability use

Healers:

• Immediately heal yourself and any friendly targets within 5 meters by an arbitrarily large amount
  • Lose 20% of your health to regenerate 20% of your class resources and increase your alacrity by 15% for 10s

I dunno about heal stuff, but there are definitely ways to make clickies an interesting facet of gameplay instead of functionally passive.

You've got my brain rolling, so here are some ideas for clickies:

Tanks:

• Gain an absorb shield equal to x% of your maximum hp
  • Increase your damage reduction by x% for 10s
  • Increase your Damage Dealt (significantly) while causing you to take constant damage equaling an arbitrarily large numeric value to prevent DPS from taking this relic over 30s

DPS:

• Deal x damage in a 5 meter AoE around you
  • Reduce your crit damage to 25% while increasing your chance to crit to 99% (no autocrit crit chance rollover, would make classes that do extra things on crits a little more interesting, if any still exist)
  • Immediately regenerate 20% of your classes resources while also giving you 5 stacks of a damage increasing buff which increases your damage dealt by 5% per stack, remove 1 stack per ability use

Healers:

• Immediately heal yourself and any friendly targets within 5 meters by an arbitrarily large amount
  • Lose 20% of your health to regenerate 20% of your class resources and increase your alacrity by 15% for 10s

I dunno about heal stuff, but there are definitely ways to make clickies an interesting facet of gameplay instead of functionally passive.

You have a lot of great ideas ! I hope somebody somewhere is gonna see that and take inspiration :) That would certainly make things more interesting that a random auto-proc

I like your risk vs reward ideas , that could (hopefully) prevent people to abuse of the benefit and calculate if they can take the chance to use it or not depending of the situation

I like your heal stuffs, the idea of sacrifice your health as an healer to heal others is not unknown in other games, would be great in an "oh ****" moment where yourself are not in danger

Another great one would be that your heals grant an additional effect x to the players you heal for the duration of the relic, or something similar as a dps (poison,fire?)

Would those be op? hm. In any case, i thk we are long overdue for a little bit of variety her :)