The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Amplifiers sound like a terrible idea, pure RNG and high cost for what they provide.

freakinengineer

I know that we still don't have access to amplifiers for mods, but from what I was able to notice, it's gonna be a hassle for the raiding/pvp community at least. It's not really going to matter much for casual players.

Unless they will provide something really meaningful like an added effect to our abilities, other than just pure stats, something which will drastically change how the class plays and really improve it.

Guess we'll have to wait and see once they drop, what idea devs have regarding amplifiers.

Thoughts?

well there were some datamined infos going around on possible amplifiers, I don't know if that info is still relevant, but if so wouldnt mind grinding for these :

Exemples :

Universal amplifiers:

-Overward:

Healing a friendly target beyond their maximum health threshold grants the target a damage absorption shield worth every point of overhealing, up to a percentage of their maximum health based on the total sum of the healer's equipped Overward amplifiers. The shield lasts up to 30 seconds, and this duration is refreshed by additional overhealing. Only works on Players and Companions.

-Readied Healing

Increases healing dealt by a percentage equal to the total sum of equipped Readied Healing amplifiers for the first 10 seconds after entering combat.

-Residual Regeneration

Healing a friendly target with a direct, single-target heal has a chance equal to the healer's total sum of equipped Residual Regeneration amplifiers to heal the target for an additional 30% of the heal's value over 3 seconds.

-Fortuitous Redoubt:

Dodging, parrying, or deflecting an attack generates an absorb shield which absorbs a percentage of incoming damage for the next 5 seconds based on the total sum of equipped Fortuitous Redoubt amplifiers.

-Shield Reflection

Shielding an attack redirects a portion of the shielded damage back at the attacker, based on the total sum of equipped Shield Reflection amplifiers.

etc ...

Those look more like tacticals than amplifiers. Hell, most even look way better than some tacticals.

When they explained the concep i imagined something similar to Datacrons but with more variations on stats.