The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whoa - Crafting related changes on PTS

Darev

Now, this might be temporary, I don't know.

But as of right now, this is what's on PTS for some changes revolving around crafting...just what I noticed tonight.

Jawa Scrap vendor prices changed.

Grade (greens) 1-10 now priced at 1 jawa scavenged scrap per level.

examples:

Desh/Silica (grade 1 mats) = 1 scavenged scrap (same as live)

Polyplast (grade 5 mat) = 5 scavenged scrap.

Tier 11 mats ARE on the jawa vendor...probably just for testing, at 200 scrap each.

Right now, for new GREEN earpieces/mods/enhancements, you need 20 of the tier 3 crafting mat you get from conquest, and 20 of the tier 3 isotopes, available from pvp boxes/MM flashpoints/operations.

Edited by Darev

Grade 11 craftables are also way more expensive to make, at least for Biochem.

Roughly speaking, for Biochem, premium grade 11s seem to take about 3 times longer than their grade 10 predecessors and are 5 times more expensive in terms of their material costs. For example, the premium grade 11 medpac: a stack of 6 takes about 100,000 credits worth of crew skill and bioanalysis mats to make. A stack of 6 can be purchased instantly from a medical droid for 31,800 credits.

Prototype (blue) are even worse -- perhaps 25 times harder/more expensive to make than the grade 10s were. I have not plugged the requirements into a spreadsheet to find out, exactly, but I bet the results will be staggering.

I don't know what the Artifact (purple) quality versions require (have to successfully reverse engineer a self-made prototype stack to learn the recipe -- prototypes have a 20% chance), but if they follow the pattern of the prototypes, they could be 125 times worse than the grade 10 predecessors were. I haven't found any indication there are reusable versions either.

Right now, I don't think the prototype (rank 640) adrenals are worth the cost, time or resources needed to craft them. To make a stack of 4 requires hundreds of Premium Unknown Microorganisms and Virulent Extract, along with hundreds of the different recombinators and injectors. These can be purchased from the jawas for many thousands of scrap or earned by running dozens of Bioanalysis and Diplomacy missions. Some are also purchasable from the crew skill vendors, like standard recombinators. Millions of credits worth all told plus several hours of effort, for a single stack of 4.

Trainable biochem recipes also currently end at 640 with the prototype adrenals. And yet our crafting skills go to 700. There must be more yet to come.

The grade 11 bioanalysis mats can be farmed on Ossus. They start at 550 and turn grey at 630. After that, the only way to level up bioanalysis currently is through its missions.

I haven't tested all that you mentioned about crew skills, but on the pts you can deconstruct many things now, gear, consummables from the vendor ,etc. and so far it gives you : java junk / droid parts / scavenged scrap and war commendation ( to buy new gear)

deconstructing 1 chestpiece from the vendor gave me :

SCRAP : 16 droids parts

SCRAP : 14 scavenged part

SCRAP: 4 jawa junk

2 war commendation

Deconstructing 2 adrenals from the vendor gave me :

SCRAP : 21 droids parts

SCRAP : 25 scavenged part

SCRAP: 8 jawa junk

4 war commendation

deconstructing 12 green medpacks from the fleet medical droid:

SCRAP : 126 droids parts

SCRAP : 130 scavenged part

SCRAP: 30 jawa junk

17 war commendation

After a couple of tests, it seems the number are randomized, not fixed ... it might be temporary, since i feel it could be easy to abuse. It also mean that if its the case and you get those kind of numbers, its a lot easier to get those scraps now, hence why they upped the prices at the jawa vendors.

As for the isotopes I already got 40 just for playing stuffs since 4 days. They might be dropping more as well. I guess we will see

Edited by jambalayabungee

40 isotopes from what, specifically?

Operations?

MM Flashpoints?

or stuff that people can get easily from solo content?

I don't have an issue with isotopes being required in higher level gear.

And the new green gear is higher than anything currently in game, so from THAT perspective it makes a bit of sense.

However, requiring 20 isotopes per armoring, or mod, or enhancement (or earpiece - I checked on cybertech) seriously gates the number of players who are going to try to get blues/purples from reverse engineering.

You're going to wind up with large guild crafters who have the schematics and the solo players won't...they'll be playing "catch up" long after the fact.

Damn. I don't like this. At all.

Even if they increase de sources of "Jawa mats", at 200 per grade 11 mat is just too much.

And i really hate they increase conversion cost for lower tiers. This will affect the general crafting system for artifice, prefabs and conquest.

I might want to spend all my stash before 6.0

Do old recipies stay the same? For example for dyes.

Thanks for the info. I wish i could try for myself but my disk space cannot handle 2 installtions :(

Damn. I don't like this. At all.

Even if they increase de sources of "Jawa mats", at 200 per grade 11 mat is just too much.

And i really hate they increase conversion cost for lower tiers. This will affect the general crafting system for artifice, prefabs and conquest.

I might want to spend all my stash before 6.0

Do old recipies stay the same? For example for dyes.

Thanks for the info. I wish i could try for myself but my disk space cannot handle 2 installtions :(

I didn't look at older (current) recipies.

I can check next time I log into PTS.