The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacies on pts

cobyhalbred

While doing testing on PTS I noticed a few things that made it hard when testing the new content.

By not having access to the companion conversation buffs, Datacrons, and class buffs that most of us have on the live servers it was much more difficult then it needed to be while trying to figure out optimal stats and comparing performance of a class on the PTS vs Live.

A simple solutions my be allowing us to transfer over our legacies from live? I am not sure if that would be possible but it would definitely help with testing since we will have those buff when this content goes live anyways.

Maybe another solution would be to make it so that legacies default to completed those achievement so that we can get the most out of testing while on the PTS

Keep up the great work boys! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the next few phases of the PTS!

P.S.

As a side note, it may be nice to add a level 75 dummy that is not right next to 2 other dummies so we can test single target damage with out having to worry about aoe abilities :)

Edited by cobyhalbred

I wholeheartedly agree. Most players doing end game content and pushing their numbers are going to have the companion conversations done along with the buffs. In order to get an accurate read on what players are capable of these are a necessity. For instance, the 1% accuracy from the companion conversation is important as having that changes up the stat line, since less points are needed into accuracy opening up more into crit or alacrity. If players don't have access to these buffs then the players cannot gear properly and will not be able to explore what the full potential of the gear might be. It would then give an inaccurate reading on what players are capable of since the stat lines would not be correct. In order for players to explore the full potential of the new gear, these legacy buffs are a must.

Same problem here. No class buffs and Datacron stats makes testing difficult. Also some utility legacy unlocks would make things easier like qt without cd, rocket boots, mount while moving, priority transports etc. Hope we can see changes here in the coming phase Edited by Thayya

A simple solutions my be allowing us to transfer over our legacies from live? I am not sure if that would be possible but it would definitely help with testing since we will have those buff when this content goes live anyways.

When you copy a live character to the PTS, your legacy is copied along. So let's hope they activate PTS copy for the next round. This last round of "testing" was a bit weird anyway, just one base class with full set bonuses, and by the time I had set my quickbars properly, the PTS was already about to be closed, so I had a tour around fleet instead of standing in queue for a target dummy :rolleyes:.

Edited by Mubrak

Yep couldn't even modify main and offhand. Annoying for testing Tank...

If you go to the adaptive gear vendor (I think that's the name) on the fleet, you can get a moddable mainhand and offhand.

If you go to the adaptive gear vendor (I think that's the name) on the fleet, you can get a moddable mainhand and offhand.

Yep thats what we did too

The pvp vendor have valor-locked color crystal, it would be nice to have access to them on a normal vendor too, for the sake of testing we thought

One thing I was missing the most, except from the rocket boost , buffs etc (you realise how much you miss them when they are gone!) was the field respec. Having to go to the fleet each time to respec ( especially in a middle of an operation!) is not very convenient, for the sake of testing as well

We bought a Rishi stronghold to use the dummy there, but its still lvl 70 still tho

Hope some of those things will be addressed in the next phases :3