How to change Companion looks?

Reeny

You can customize the armor of your companions like your own character. There are some exceptions though, mostly if the companion is a droid or an alien with a distinctive body type like Blizz. You still can slot customizations into most of them though. Some of them are offered by a droid in the Cartel Bazaar, some by vendors on Taris, Balmorra and Belsavis and some are cartel market items and can be unlocked in your collections. Edited by Phazonfreak

Do i have to buy some unlocks to customize armor for the Companions?

I'm trying to customize jaesa and vette for my Sith marauder but there is no individual armor customization.

Thanks

How do we change Companion looks?

There are two main ways:

1. Simply by changing their armor. Most of the main, humanoid companions have armor and weapon slots just like characters. The armor and weapons don't affect the companion's stats, so any armor/weapon that's allowable to be used by the companion will work.

2: Almost all companions have a "customization" slot. Customizations change the basic look of the character as far as things like hair, tattoos, skin colour, etc, are concerned.

Note that some companions don't have armor slots, and some don't have any customizations available yet.

oh!

So a level 200 armor and weapon or even no weapon/armor is the same as a level 190 armor/weapon for a Companion??

Thanks

Yes. All armor is purely cosmetic on companions and does not affect their stats. Their combat proficiency is calculated by their influence level which you can raise by giving them gifts, through conversations and by sending them on crew skill errands. Also your presence stat has a slight effect on their efficiency.

If you have a stack of credits and completed the weekly conquest goal on one of your characters, you can also go to a droid vendor in the stronghold section of the fleet that sells an item that immediately boosts a companion to the maximum influence lvl of 50.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Do i have to buy some unlocks to customize armor for the Companions?

I'm trying to customize jaesa and vette for my Sith marauder but there is no individual armor customization.

Thanks

The old companions no, the new companions (ie: lana etc) you cannot customize at all. But I think you can with Shae Vizla which is kinda weird.

The old companions no, the new companions (ie: lana etc) you cannot customize at all. But I think you can with Shae Vizla which is kinda weird.

Some of the new companions like Lana have a companion customization on them to maintain their appearance. if you remove this you can customize them with in game gear too.

There was a dev post or something mentioned on a stream a while back that they were going to try to make all the near human fixed appearance companions customizable in the future (not sure if they got Nico and the sith and jedi masters yet)

There was a dev post or something mentioned on a stream a while back that they were going to try to make all the near human fixed appearance companions customizable in the future (not sure if they got Nico and the sith and jedi masters yet)

Nico: no.

Hexid: yes (no "traditional" customisation object, and her appearance can be duplicated easily in the Character Creator).

Ranos: yes (no "traditional" customisation object)(1)

Shae has ... oddities. On all slots, if you place a "normal" piece of armour, she has that gear and any skin it would expose (fingerless gloves, Jarael-style tank top, etc.) is visible. Covert Energy pieces *or* nothing at all in a slot will make that slot revert to her Shae-armoured appearance for that slot.

(1) I haven't tried to duplicate Ranos's appearance, but I don't see why it would be impossible to duplicate. That said, you can *almost* duplicate Thana Vesh, all except her lip colour, for which no player-accessible equivalent exists, and Ranos might be like that.

oh!

So a level 200 armor and weapon or even no weapon/armor is the same as a level 190 armor/weapon for a Companion??

Thanks

The strength of a companion's weapon(s) doesn't matter, but the combat performance of a companion with no weapon will be hampered somewhat because some of its abilities won't work.

For armour it just plain doesn't matter at all. In most cases, removing armour works (visually) the same way that it does for a player character. The exceptions that I know of are:

* Shae Vizla's armourless parts revert to her armoured appearance.

* Lana Beniko wears medium-dark purple underwear rather than grey, but it's still sports bra and granny pants like all other females.

* Droids, animals (Akk Dog, Nexu, etc.), Dashades and Nico Okarr don't have removable armour at all.

* Certain companions lack armour for specific slots, usually for radically-altered hands, feet, and heads, but in all cases they lack the slots as well. (Examples: Qyzen's hands, feet and heads, Tanno Vik's head, Yuun's head and hands.)

It sounds as though you may think that Jaesa and Vette (and other companions) have "special" armor. While they usually do come with default armor that is only usable by them, you can outfit them with any "normal" armor that you would equip on yourself.

The strength of a companion's weapon(s) doesn't matter, but the combat performance of a companion with no weapon will be hampered somewhat because some of its abilities won't work.

For armour it just plain doesn't matter at all. In most cases, removing armour works (visually) the same way that it does for a player character. The exceptions that I know of are:

* Shae Vizla's armourless parts revert to her armoured appearance.

* Lana Beniko wears medium-dark purple underwear rather than grey, but it's still sports bra and granny pants like all other females.

* Droids, animals (Akk Dog, Nexu, etc.), Dashades and Nico Okarr don't have removable armour at all.

* Certain companions lack armour for specific slots, usually for radically-altered hands, feet, and heads, but in all cases they lack the slots as well. (Examples: Qyzen's hands, feet and heads, Tanno Vik's head, Yuun's head and hands.)

Well that is cool to learn about Lana. She used to not be able to alter her appearance.

How do we change Companion looks?

Is Companion customization the only way now?

We cant just customize one armor piece like our main character?

thanks!

You basically only need SOME weapon the companion can wear for her/him to be effective. Everythig else is purtely cosmetic.

Armor and weapon can be changed in the companion tab in your character window. The slots that can be modified differ from companion to companion, some story ones for example have only a customitzation and a weaopon slot.