The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Serious question about crafting in 6.0

TrixxieTriss

• Dev Post
Thank you Eric.

Any news on the second part of my post regarding Augments?

Augments are still a thing and relevant for PvP. Even with max bolster, choosing your augments allows you to modify your stats to a degree and you will also get a small stat boost above bolsters value from top augments.

-eric

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Augments are still a thing and relevant for PvP. Even with max bolster, choosing your augments allows you to modify your stats to a degree and you will also get a small stat boost above bolsters value from top augments.

-eric

Excellent. thank you kindly for getting that info :D

Eric, here is an abbreviated list of necessary conditions to make crafting a viable profession in 6.0 and beyond:

1. Mats Obtainable From A Variety of Activities: :sy_auction:
  2. Top-Tier Items Craftable: :sy_auction:
  3. Requires Substantial Crafting Time/Resources: ?? :confused:

We still don't have clarity on #3. The reason this one is important is that if crafting is to be viable as a profession--one that creates a vibrant economy of gatherers, crafters, sellers, buyers--it cannot be easily accessible to people who don't put the time into it. The requirement of (crafting) time is what helps regulate supply, and keeps crafting (including gathering) from being reduced to just a sideshow.

Time ==/== difficulty. Any player of any skill level should be able to craft. But if all players can craft/gather all items without any requirement of dedicated time/resources, then crafting becomes merely a side activity rather than a viable gameplay option/profession.

So which is the objective here: a) crafting is designed to be a viable in-game profession/gameplay activity or b) crafting is merely a casual side activity?

I think the last thing I want to see is elitist crafters dictating to the rest of us that there's tiers in 6.0 we casuals can't make because elitists wish to keep their "Sustainer Of the Economy" and "Uber Crafter" titles.

I think the last thing I want to see is elitist crafters dictating to the rest of us that there's tiers in 6.0 we casuals can't make because elitists wish to keep their "Sustainer Of the Economy" and "Uber Crafter" titles.

Agreed. We never had that in SWG. Sure some spent a lot of time on their crafters but we didn't have tiers to dictate that.

Why would à crafter needs a bis gear.

Player base 1 makes the ops group, leading 8M, studying tactics, dealing with drama, wipes constantly,losing money, making real life sacrifice, missing real life events gets BiS gear.

Player base number 2, use a macro that he/she didn't even code, pc running around 7/24,make billions, gets BiS gear, wants to sell BiS gear to make more billions. 🤯🤯🤯

Seriously I'm all up for the giving crafters to crafter gear. But that entitlement must stop.

(not talking about you trixxe personally, but this is my enough is enough post)

All of my Ops capable toons are crafters, and they always have been. I burnt out on that content long before you decided that only specific people need to get specific drops.