Thank you Snave and Mr Devil

Yeldah_

I guarantee you that any 4 random players in RL will wipe the floor with you and any 3 of your friends whether they're wearing 252s or 258s.

any players from the pvp guilds will step on you with a pair of maras, usually a sorc or merc healer, with the ocassional dose of snipers and a random op. they will be mains. they will be alts, and they will crush you inside of 3 gcd. and you'll blame item level, and you'll blame voice comms, and you'll blame class stacking/fotm. the fact of the matter is that they know how to maximize their dps, exactly when to pop cds (offensive and defensive), and there's a darn good chance they know the class and spec you're playing better than you do.

you should hope they stay in granked so you don't get stepped on by them in regs or solos. generally, they're a cancer to regs cuz, as the one dude admitted, they're just there to kill time crushing players like you and me who aren't on their level. get that through you're head. you are - not - on - their - level.

I'm friends with some of the best ranked 8s players from JC. they won't do 4s. they won't even think about it. they don't want to get brutalized, and they're far better players than I am.

Nice strawman skippy. Everything you said, is a non-factor and irrelevant to what I'm saying. I'm strictly speaking of item level and instances where anyone will be crushed against a team in max gear (over bolster) when they only have gear that is at or under bolster level, and they have 3-4 of the entire team tunneling them, because of extra percentage of dmg you'll be taking that bolster doesn't cover.

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see you que up in 252s as a melee class and then go up against a team in full 258s and get tunneled by all of them. You won't do any damage and you won't survive for long. :rolleyes: It happened to me when I was in mostly 242s on an alt and the other team was mostly full 248s.

Bolster has been changed since the 248 max gear lvl.

1. All gear now bolsters to 252.

2. All Augments slots, wether you have any equiped or not, now Bolster to 236 Mastery Augments

3. Using a 252 or 258 main hand is really all you need to be competitive with the current Bolster. It’s why most people have not bothered with the grind.

5. Even 230 gear with 252-258 main hand is now fine. The difference in stats and output is minimal. In some builds, the 230 gear actually bolsters better than the 248 gear.

6. Mixing 252 or 258 gear with lower gear can also mess up Bolster and in most cases, it is better to wait till you have a total gear lvl of 252 (without Augments) before you start mixing the gear.

I’ve done a whole lot of testing with Bolster and min maxing it. I’ve made a thread and this is probably my 5th post in another thread to explain it to make it easier for people to understand and not have to spend millions testing like I did.

There is even a reddit one.

If you are getting destroyed in pvp, it’s most likely player skill over gear.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Bolster has been changed since the 248 max gear lvl.

1. All gear now bolsters to 252.

2. All Augments slots, wether you have any equiped or not, now Bolster to 236 Mastery Augments

3. Using a 252 or 258 main hand is really all you need to be competitive with the current Bolster. It’s why most people have not bothered with the grind.

5. Even 230 gear with 252-258 main hand is now fine. The difference in stats and output is minimal. In some builds, the 230 gear actually bolsters better than the 248 gear.

6. Mixing 252 or 258 gear with lower gear can also mess up Bolster and in most cases, it is better to wait till you have a total gear lvl of 252 (without Augments) before you start mixing the gear.

I’ve done a whole lot of testing with Bolster and min maxing it. I’ve made a thread and this is probably my 5th post in another thread to explain it to make it easier for people to understand and not have to spend millions testing like I did.

There is even a reddit one.

If you are getting destroyed in pvp, it’s most likely player skill over gear.

Tbh bolster changes and breaks so much I don't even keep up with it really. But when 248s was the max item level the gear disparity was painful. I was perfectly fine with the toons on my main server that were 248s + 240 augs, but when I went to another server to try it out, 242s (excluding left side) and 236 augs were not enough against fully geared teams. It may not be as bad now but facing a team of full 258s in solos when you and maybe the rest of your team aren't optimized still sounds somewhat painful.

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

Tbh bolster changes and breaks so much I don't even keep up with it really. But when 248s was the max item level the gear disparity was painful. I was perfectly fine with the toons on my main server that were 248s + 240 augs, but when I went to another server to try it out, 242s (excluding left side) and 236 augs were not enough against fully geared teams. It may not be as bad now but facing a team of full 258s in solos when you and maybe the rest of your team aren't optimized still sounds somewhat painful.

Let's even add another facet to this. Psychological. If I am wearing the BiS with an entire team of BiS geared players versus a team with 242s, part 200 gears, augs of 236-240s, some 208s, etc.

Which team is going into the fight with confidence and which team is going into the fight with doubts?

Statistical advantages no matter how "small" they may be have no place in PVP, period. Fix this **** and stop supporting a dumb gearing system that doesn't properly appropriate gears to PVP toons.

If any new players are reading this, try playing around with your stats yourself rather than blindly following what random people who you have no idea about tell you.

I definitely believe everyone should play around with their stats for pvp and play enough games to see what feels best for them. I play with 9.24% ishh alacrity on my infiltration shadow. I've tried also playing with the first break point, but it didn't feel right when I played.

If you are truly new and have no idea where to start. Feel free to start with the so called "most optimal" breakpoints the number crunchers say to use. But do not be shy to play around after out of fear it won't be the best. If less optimal stat distribution makes you feel like you play better, go for it.