Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

Benirons

There are many different ways to enjoy a game.

Not sure what you're responding to.

Are you trying to say that because someone number crunched the optimal items/stats for each spec, that items/mods that don't conform to the optimal are not acceptable? Iirc, Musco said that drop rates were going to increase in 6.0 but they may not be what is best for that toon. That they could be transferred to another being that they will be Legacy. With that in mind, I don't think your idea of trimming drops to meet optimal stats will become a reality.

The problem is that it is in a loot box with other non-relic items, yet there are 5? different relics you could win as a DPS. Depending how it is weighted, that could mean you have a 5 in 8 chance of getting a relic whenever you open the crate. RIP leg, waist, foot.

As for the relics, if there is a possibility of 5 different relics you could win, the odds of you getting the one you want are considerably lower than for the other loot boxes. For example, if you open a Tech box as a DPS, you will get the same MH, OH, Headpiece, or Ear every single time. You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the exact item you want.

And finally, if the devs would allow us to upgrade a 252 relic to any other 258 relic at the vendor, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

On a side note, some times that use relic for a tank does come in handy for the extra cooldown. Not everything needs be on the healers.

The Shrouded Crusader Relic is pretty good -- if you want something you have to remember to click. The point I was trying to make to Oleg is that people are not as likely to want an Ephemeral Mending or Devastating Vengeance as a Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you're responding to.

There is no cookie cutter build in the game. In fact, BW has done a very good job to make sure players have a large variety of things to customize. Including stats and effects.

The problem is that it is in a loot box with other non-relic items, yet there are 5? different relics you could win as a DPS. Depending how it is weighted, that could mean you have a 5 in 8 chance of getting a relic whenever you open the crate. RIP leg, waist, foot.

As for the relics, if there is a possibility of 5 different relics you could win, the odds of you getting the one you want are considerably lower than for the other loot boxes. For example, if you open a Tech box as a DPS, you will get the same MH, OH, Headpiece, or Ear every single time. You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the exact item you want.

Actually, there is 1 in 6 chance u get what you want with the Tech box, because there are different types of ear pieces.

But i think the important questions are:

Is it truly affecting your ability to play the game the way you want?

Is it likely that BW is going to go back to the old code and change the way they work?

There is no cookie cutter build in the game. In fact, BW has done a very good job to make sure players have a large variety of things to customize. Including stats and effects.

Actually, there is 1 in 6 chance u get what you want with the Tech box, because there are different types of ear pieces.

But i think the important questions are:

Is it truly affecting your ability to play the game the way you want?

Is it likely that BW is going to go back to the old code and change the way they work?

All I can do is try to influence how a system is implemented in 6.0 by pointing out the flaws in the current system. I don't expect anything to change until then. Thankfully Musco has already mentioned things like slot-bound mods are not likely to be continued in the future.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller