RE only for mods?

FeLoNiouS

I'm level 400 Armstech, and have the purple level barrels for both reflex and skll all the way through 21, and blues on the last lvl 22. Question is, I've never....ever, gotten even a blue schematic when RE'n weapons. Does RE only work for getting schems on mods, and not weapons. I've literally RE'd around 200 various knives and pistols (crafted) and have never gotten a schematic.

It does work on the green schematics you purchase from the armstech vendor. My armstech is at 131 and I have learned several blue schematics by reverse engineering the green weapons I have made. Generally I will make 5 green weapons, place them in my inventory and then reverse engineer all of them. I will say that about 80% of the time I will learn one of the blue schematics - overkill or redoubt. The only problem I have found is trying to reverse engineer the lower level (level 9) schematics. I have made 20-30 assault carbines and never gotten a blue schematic. But level 11 and above I have been pretty successful.

It does work on the green schematics you purchase from the armstech vendor. My armstech is at 131 and I have learned several blue schematics by reverse engineering the green weapons I have made. Generally I will make 5 green weapons, place them in my inventory and then reverse engineer all of them. I will say that about 80% of the time I will learn one of the blue schematics - overkill or redoubt. The only problem I have found is trying to reverse engineer the lower level (level 9) schematics. I have made 20-30 assault carbines and never gotten a blue schematic. But level 11 and above I have been pretty successful.

That's about the rate of RE success I've had on mods although it seems I've noticed a slight increase in difficulty/luck in getting the new schematic on higher level mods. Either that or it's just because they cost so much more to make that I'm more hopeful on each RE that it's successful in getting the blue or purple upgrade that it just seems harder...lol.

No luck at all, ever, in well over 200 weapon RE's to get a blue schematic from green pattern that I trained from vendor tho. Weird... I will craft another 100 pistols and document if I learn a blue, and if so, how many. (Obviously if I did learn a blue, then I would have to use a different green pistol to try for a second blue). I'll post back on my findings.

No luck at all, ever, in well over 200 weapon RE's to get a blue schematic from green pattern that I trained from vendor tho. Weird... I will craft another 100 pistols and document if I learn a blue, and if so, how many. (Obviously if I did learn a blue, then I would have to use a different green pistol to try for a second blue). I'll post back on my findings.

A couple things...

Are you making scatterguns? Because this class of weapon, along with vibroknives, cannot RE. Everything else you make from schematics can be RE'd into blue/purples. If that's not the case, then you might very well be the unluckiest person in the game. I'd suggest picking a different green and going with it. Maybe you found the 1 recipe that is bugged?

I've been spending quite a bit of time with armstech crafting and at armstech 340, I currently have 40+ blues, and 27 purple recipes, and that's not including barrels. I've had a few that took some grinding (20+ for the RE to proc) but nothing in the range of what you're talking about.

Also, you DO NOT have to pick a different green to try for a second blue. Each green has 3 different blue versions it will RE into, and each blue has 5 purples. The sticky at the top of this forum about RE goes into detail, and you should read it if you're planning on crafting seriously.

A couple things...

Are you making scatterguns? Because this class of weapon, along with vibroknives, cannot RE. Everything else you make from schematics can be RE'd into blue/purples. If that's not the case, then you might very well be the unluckiest person in the game. I'd suggest picking a different green and going with it. Maybe you found the 1 recipe that is bugged?

I've been spending quite a bit of time with armstech crafting and at armstech 340, I currently have 40+ blues, and 27 purple recipes, and that's not including barrels. I've had a few that took some grinding (20+ for the RE to proc) but nothing in the range of what you're talking about.

Also, you DO NOT have to pick a different green to try for a second blue. Each green has 3 different blue versions it will RE into, and each blue has 5 purples. The sticky at the top of this forum about RE goes into detail, and you should read it if you're planning on crafting seriously.

Ah, thanks for that info. In fact, as a BH, the item I have been trying to RE into schematics has been Vibroknives for Mako. I have RE's 2-3 pistols, and many pistols that I've gotten from loot/quest rewards etc..., but wasn't counting those as its to be expected that those wouldn't result in schems. Vibroknives is where I've spent all the effort in weapons.